Handley Page O/400- O/700 civil passenger transport

2 hours ago, limeypilot said:

This is looking really nice Moa. I'm looking forward to seeing her all together and the rigging started!

Ian

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

It is looking like another "Moa special" :)

Slowly but... even slower 🐌

But we may get there!

Thanks for the kind words, that sometimes you can exchange for modeling fuel 😉

On 1/20/2020 at 10:49 PM, Moa said:

Masks are off, so the fuselage interior and front positions can be seen:

IMG_7996+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_7998+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

All the other miscellaneous bits are ready too, we can proceed with final assembly:

IMG_7999+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

This model is beginning to look seriously good. A great deal of work coming to fruition. And I absolutely love the gold engine nacelles. For some reason they remind me of the gold Dalek child's ride in the basement of department store Cheesemans in Lewisham in the 1960s.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

This model is beginning to look seriously good. A great deal of work coming to fruition. And I absolutely love the gold engine nacelles. For some reason they remind me of the gold Dalek child's ride in the basement of department store Cheesemans in Lewisham in the 1960s.

You are very kind, Adrian.

It's interesting how the Dalek culture has impacted society.

My wife (from England) used to hide behind the sofa when they appeared on the episodes.

I used to find the bathroom plunger too funny to fear them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Moa said:

It's interesting how the Dalek culture has impacted society.

My wife (from England) used to hide behind the sofa when they appeared on the episodes.

I used to find the bathroom plunger too funny to fear them.

You wouldn't be saying that if you had a Dalek with an exterminator in one hand and the plunger in the other telling you to bend over!

Martian the Wise 👽

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Adrian Hills said:

I also used to hide behind the sofa. And was terrified to go on the underground as it was full of ‘Yetis’ 😳😊

I don't know if it says something about me but as a kid, I felt cheated if I went on the underground and didn't see any Yetis or Cybermen. I'm still waiting and am still disappointed!

Let Down of Mars 👽

• Haha 1

Mounting the biplane tail components now. Not a complicated affair, but Airfix is no help whatsoever here regarding the rigging of this area. They just ignored the issue.
Looking at the instructions I also realized that only a partial, faint and vague indication is given regarding the control leads that unite tail and fuselage.
The elevators have some little holes where the control horns are supposed to be (I guess), but no parts for it and again only a faint indication for the rigging.
So if you want this area to look like something real, to the photos and references you go, yet again:

IMG_8035+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 10

The vents that go all around the aft section of the gondola were commissioned as decals and came with the sheet:

IMG_8036+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

They are applied:

IMG_8037+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The "metal" window frames are added from the vinyl masks also provided withe the commissioned sheet.
Little by little, detail after detail, it's coming to life.
The gondola struts and the re-positioned (in the midst of the front struts) wind-driven pumps or (generators) still have to be painted:

IMG_8038+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Adrian Hills said:

Moa, didn’t Windsock or someone similar do full drawings for the HP 0/400? I seem to remember seeing some. Would help with tailplane and other rigging 

Hi Adrian

Yes, there are drawings, some of them good.

I have a couple.

By experience, I tend not to trust them a lot, especially when there are useful photos at hand to consult.

But of course they are useful to an extent.

It was more a comment about the kit's provided  (or not) information.

• Like 1

Looking good. Funnily enough if you take a look at the kuta XII group build I am making a pair of daleks.which is one of the many reasons my hp isn't progressing all that quickly.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1