Handley Page O/400- O/700 civil passenger transport

• 2 weeks later...

The addtion of the protective leather coaming in the two exposed locations on the nose is coming now before painting.

Instead of adapting the kit's, which is coarse and overscale, I will install a Milliput chord and use a tool to give the impression of the sofa upholstery look it has.

• Like 2

The Milliput coils are in place:

IMG_7835a+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The "accordion" areas of the trailing edge that allow the wing folding are masked, and since I did all the ribbing detail with primer, a mere cotton bud soaked in acetone erases all the detail leaving the are clean:

IMG_7835b+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The kit's ribs underneath are removed too:

IMG_7836+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 8

It occurs to me there’s a gap in the market for some aftermarket replacement wings (vacform?)for this otherwise pretty popular old kit. How many of us have one/would get one but are daunted by the prospect of fixing those trenches?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wombat said:

It occurs to me there’s a gap in the market for some aftermarket replacement wings (vacform?)for this otherwise pretty popular old kit. How many of us have one/would get one but are daunted by the prospect of fixing those trenches?

True, may be Airfix could remaster those flying surfaces (not just the wings)? 

Some resin entrepreneur? 

Otherwise there is nothing that 1,000 hours work can't fix.

😝

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, woody37 said:

I thoroughly enjoy following your builds, partly because of the unusual subjects, partly because of how fast you work and partly because you are a master that knows how to beat a kit into submission :)

I don't understand why, but in general it gives me much more pleasure to get involved (to an extent) into modifying, adding, correcting a so-so kit, than to build a shake 'n bake, pieces-fall-together kit.

I have my limits though, and have no appetite for old Dujin, Merlin, some old Classic Plane, and the likes. Brrr!

• Like 1