Handley Page O/400- O/700 civil passenger transport

18 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

The answer is simple Moa, build all three. No, build two of them and make that evil child make the third as a penance.

Martian the Just 👽

I am so on it, Martian... (see below)

6 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Did Farman have some sort of competition amongst its designers to see who could come up with the most absurd-looking version of the Jabiru? Regarding their avant-garde nature, they do look like (perhaps Tristan Tzara or Max Ernst) they were designed by Dadaists, as sort of anti-aeroplanes, just as Dada was ant-art.

Best Regards,

Jason

Jason, being myself what people call a contemporary artist, I am not sure what to make of your comments.

I have been gathering info on these for more than two decades, and already printed 1/72 scaled plans.

49488569543_3d99280a1c_b.jpg

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Moa said:

But ultimately it must be considered that he is a beer brewer, and you don't want to lose his favor...

Shallower than a dried up river bed during a period of severe drought!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

Simply put, my comments were ironically comparing Dadaist 'art', which was meant to be the antithesis of accepted 'art', to the Jabirus, which could be considered to be the antithesis of what aeroplanes should look like.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 3

That is looking good, Claudio! I do think this looks better than the bomber version. Now back to the Jabirus - if only Avis would produce some in 1/72nd scale, I would definitely buy one (or two, or three).

Best Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Learstang said:

I do think this looks better than the bomber version.

Better is an understatement!

40 minutes ago, Learstang said:

if only Avis would produce some in 1/72nd scale, I would definitely buy one (or two, or three).

Me too, of course, as long as they do it before I scratch it, and not like other of my scratch models that are later released as kits! (the latest being the Lee-Richards annular wing).

But at 1/72 is a conspicuously large model, and Avis seems to be focusing on smaller models lately.

If they do, though, they could use the same basic molds to issue the several civil versions posted above -of which there were a nice number of machines built-, and (and I do really hate to tip them on this one) there were -if they think market-wise- several military versions for the unwashed (PLEASE, dear fellow BMers, do  not start to post images of the military versions here, do it in a separate thread if you must).

Tree-hugging modeling monk.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Courageous said:

Tense moments or not, she is looking great. 

Stuart

Thanks, Stuart

Will give it a rest for a little while, while I gather prana for the next step: rigging of those wings...

Who knew modeling could be such a hair-rising, nail-biting, suspense-filled endeavor.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2020 at 11:19 PM, Moa said:

All but two remaining struts already in place. This hasn't been an easy thing to accomplish:
IMG_8131+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The landing gear main assemblies are meanwhile being readied:

It looks fantastic not least to the retracted undercarriage.

J/K

Now seriously, it looks totally awesome yet already

• Like 3
  • Haha 4