Handley Page O/400- O/700 civil passenger transport

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Amazing work as usual Moa. Your interior work is fantastic. The exposed engine and extended nacelles look lovely too.

Keep up the good work

All the best

Chris

Thanks for your kind words, Chris.

So fun it's been fun.

Two more challenges ahead: the redoing of the model nose and front fuselage roofs, and of course the 456,237 meters of rigging and control cables.

I am feeding on Argentinean empanadas to build up strength to face them.

Cheers

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

Not jealous in the slightest. No, not one little bit. :envy:

:rofl:Well, you surely wouldn't be jealous of our mortgage.

For us, this is the stage for the moment, after a lifetime of work. As retirement approaches, we may have to find something else. But in the meantime, these have been wonderful years.

Here are some taken over time (only some are of the view, many others are of different places, trips, vacation on beaches, etc):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/61289374@N05/page9

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heather Kay said:

Not jealous in the slightest. No, not one little bit. :envy:

Its a good job your name's not Pinocchio, you would have put my eye out sat at this computer. 

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

I see fields and cows out my back window, not as nice as Moa’s view, but still no urban sprawl and the mortgage is zero.

49140994802_626975c282_c.jpg

There are Horses in the next field, then Cows in the one after that. Oh and if you're wondering it was taken on my iphone using panoramic mode.

on a separate note my O/400 is in fuselage hell; third attempt to glue it square will check it later, at this point I could see  myself replacing the rear with a ( square) block of wood :) But the wings are mostly rigged and going well, after a few false starts.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

The fit of the lower wing is bad, which is strange, since the width of both components is given by the kit parts. In any case, shaving of both, exterior side of fuselage sides and interior sides of root ribs was necessary to make the wing able to slide in.
We all know this is a very old Airfix kit, a sort of highlight for its time, and should not be judged by today's standards...unless Airfix keeps selling it, which it did until very recently, in spite that it's now completely déclassé. I completely love Airfix's new releases (of which I have bought and built many) but some of the old ones...

IMG_7235+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 10

Part of the nose interior is put in place, before I produce the cover for the area:

IMG_7380+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Other sub-assemblies are completed:

IMG_7381+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The union of the wing panels left a too wide gap due to kit's imprecise fit, so it was filled, to be later given an engraved line:

IMG_7382+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

The positions to anchor the gravity feed fuel tanks -that are visible on the photos- are drilled (dry run here):

IMG_7383+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

I am normally a very fast builder, but the kind of projects I am working on at this time feels a bit like

IMG_7346+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Moa said:

My younger son just landed at Heathrow from Argentina for a month-long stay, based in London but visiting other places.

He is not a modeler (like his older sibling), but a computer programmer.

Subjects: please treat them well.

@Martian Hale: I am sure he tastes horribly, so no snacking on him.

I cook for humans not to eat them!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

On 28/11/2019 at 22:31, Moa said:

:rofl:Well, you surely wouldn't be jealous of our mortgage

Man, for that view I'd put up with living in a shack 😇

Moggy ( the Ancient Mariner)

On 28/11/2019 at 22:31, Moa said:

• Haha 1