Handley Page O/400- O/700 civil passenger transport

30 minutes ago, Moa said:

Next time I have an issue with a build, I think will post it in the "Love Clinic" or "Issues of the Heart" section of one of those store magazines.

You know: "Tell Rita your intimate modeling problems, and she will safely guide you through those difficult times"

:cwl::brokenheart::cry::ner:

I think the best we can manage here is @general melchett or myself.

Martian 👽

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, John Aero said:

Please file the above under splendidly useless information.

John, there is absolutely nothing "useless" about any of your suggestions. Your contributions to this hobby of ours are legendary. If there is a Plastic Modelers Hall of Fame, you certainly belong in it, along with such notables as Harry Woodman, Gordon Stevens, Alan Hall, Richard Ward, R.C.("Bob") Jones, and W.R. "Bill" Matthews.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

John, there is absolutely nothing "useless" about any of your suggestions. Your contributions to this hobby of ours are legendary. If there is a Plastic Modelers Hall of Fame, you certainly belong in it, along with such notables as Harry Woodman, Gordon Stevens, Alan Hall, Richard Ward, R.C.("Bob") Jones, and W.R. "Bill" Matthews.

Heartily seconded! Your fame has even spread as far as the Red Planet.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have bought two different of the AK-boards but not used them yet.  Now I decided to make a test.  I had some 18 mm wide Tamiya tape and that could make five 3,6 mm wide strips. It took me about 1,30 minutes to cut the five strips and cut them in half giving me ten strips in 95 mm length that would be enough to go around the wing of the O/400 I think. That 1½ minute included the mistake of forgetting to get the hobby knife so I lost around 15 seconds getting it from the kitchen.

I have used the "Moa version" of making rib tapes when I had to repair some missing on a kit, but since then forgot about the technic  so I am glad to have been reminded of it as I started on a kit bash and need to add the ribs.

8 hours ago, matti64 said:

Just in case...theres a facebook page for the HP O/400 

Besides the ad, as far as I scrolled down, there is very little regarding the civil variant in progress here.

Lots of unrelated content and perhaps a bit too much of book advertisement.

(On a personal note, not a fan of fakebook, and much less of mr. suckerberg).

• Like 6

-I say, old chap, don't you smell something?

-Golly gosh, old sport, it's not flowers for sure.

-Look! a horrendous blimp! Good grief! Is that one of those that are still adrift from WWI?

-Oh the humanity! It looks much uglier than any blimp I have ever seen!

-What are you doing with a smartphone, old champ? it's 1920, they don't exist yet.

-Blimey! it's because that despicable baby blimp can not talk coherently, so he tweets, I am trying to understand what is he saying, but it makes no sense.

-Holy kerfuffle! what do you expect, that thing it's full of gas!

-I can't stand the sight. Cuppa?

-Aye!

IMG_7139+%25281280x1052%2529.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just had an enjoyable catch up on this and the Ente, after three weeks travelling in Peru, more great work.  Was the bathroom really tiled?

AW

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Andwil said:

Just had an enjoyable catch up on this and the Ente, after three weeks travelling in Peru, more great work.  Was the bathroom really tiled?

AW

Perú, beautiful country, lucky you. Ceviche! Chaufa! Saltados! Cuis! (and food for the spirit too).

Some planes had tiled restrooms, no idea if the O/7 had, found no photo of the intimate facilities, so it's all guessing work.

Somewhere in my files there is a photo (photos now amount to several dozen of thousands) of an aero show (may be the Paris Salon, or similar) where you can see companies that offered to fit the airliners' bathrooms, all tiled.

If they included candelabra and glass vases and porcelain, why not tiles. Their were competing with trains and boats. Weight, no object! 😉

• Like 2

If the Huns had released those baby blimps over London instead of Zeppelins, the United Kingdom would have fallen for sure! Oh, and superb work on your model as usual, Claudio. Que maravillosa!

Best Regards,

Jason

• Haha 1