Zoukei-Mura 1/32 He 219 A-0 Uhu

Amazing! Such an unusual looking aircraft with that cockpit that seems like it's been squashed, I love it. It's about the size of a Ju88 right? I would love to build one, but 1/72 is more my scale. This could be a potential for a large centerpiece of my Luftwaffe models.

How did you do the mottling? I'm guessing it was airbrush stencils. 

I'd love to see a Ta154 alongside one of these.

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Thanks 1

I think that all Lufty Night-fighters are terrifying looking beasts and this is no exception.

Great build and finish of an amazing aircraft.  I bet that this is some size in that scale!

• Thanks 1

Great build and paintwork, the photography is grand too, I know from experience how hard the paint scheme is to get right, I went cross eyed doing the mottling on my Revell 1/32 kit of the same subject.

Cheers

Dennis

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2019 at 5:44 PM, SpeedyGonzales said:

Hi all,

Here's my latest build, He 219 A-0 Uhu of ZM in 1/32nd scale. Propellers are not so much of my area of interest and I built it just to try something other than jets.

Hope you like it, thanks for looking.

SpeedyGonzales

fe46043c-0340-4901-bd03-5ef4520604d0.jpg

Such an awesome build! The Uhu is one of those weirdly sexy designs.

I'll echo the question, how did you get the mottling? Free hand or stencil..?

On 9/26/2019 at 5:49 PM, Adam Poultney said:

Amazing! Such an unusual looking aircraft with that cockpit that seems like it's been squashed, I love it. It's about the size of a Ju88 right? I would love to build one, but 1/72 is more my scale. This could be a potential for a large centerpiece of my Luftwaffe models.

Dragon and Revell both have 1/72 versions. I'm more into 1/48, but for larger planes I'm starting to get into 1/72.

Edited by Thom216
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, Adam Poultney said:

Thanks Adam. This beast is longer than Ju 88 with shorter wingspan, if I'm not mistaken but if we're talking about 1/72 then the differences in size should be within 2 cm or so. 

The mottling is a real headache indeed. I had a few different methods in my mind, I finally decided to use Humbrol Maskol and I think it performed quite well.