1/24 Revell / Monogram Elvira '58 Thunderbird

Hi all, this is going to be my Halloween season build for this year, should be a lot of fun. I don't intend on using the leopard skin decals they are way too naff for my liking, and I won't be painting them on, not sure what I will come up with yet, but I have an idea! As for the paint job, well I intended on painting the car in a metal flake black, with purple flecks in the lacquer. This is a 60's kit (re boxed in the 80's) and it sure does show its age, makes you appreciate how good modern kits are, but I guess it's all modelling at the end of the day; this kit was bought out as a replica of the actual convertible that Elvira drove in the movie. Among the creepy extras the front grille has a ghoulish spider web. Stay tuned for the next update.

YjMDxKE.jpg
rfFXYmt.jpg
tE5TpOk.jpg
lomOj1S.jpg
kS1UH0F.jpg
G9oC3HQ.jpg
g859yAB.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JeroenS said:

"With fully painted figure" no less hahaha... I can see where that would have been a nice incentive for car modellers to buy the kit 😋

The real Elvira is showing far more cleavage than the model figure does that's for sure,i hope to give her clothing an upgrade to complement her ride.😉

I didn't know Elrvia came painted in this kit. I remember seeing the reissue way back. She was on an episode of Kounts Kustoms, whatever the show was called. She brought ti to him for some sprucing up and a tune up. She still looks good, has red hair, not black, prefer the red.

• Like 1

Hi all, here is the first progress report on the 58 Ford Thunderbird driven by the 80's horror hostess with the mostest! I have got the engine and chassis built, and as you can see I came up with a better solution for the leopard skin upholstery. As a little teaser I will let you all try and guess how I achieved the effect, I will reveal that when the project is complete. Stay tuned.

UB0hD2Q.jpg
DG5vwSG.jpg
OkRFTA6.jpg

• Like 3

My armchair is placed in front of the PC to watch your upcoming Progress. The first pics look very good and I can't wait

to hear how you did the upholstery.

I got the "La Bamba" Version of this kit , which was released beging 90s I guess in my stash.

Cheers

Marco F

• Like 1

Lee - Nice work!  I am interested in the method of the leopard skin upholstery.  It looks really good.  How's the build quality of the Revell kit?  Revell kits have always frustrated me.  

15 hours ago, JCH said:

Lee - Nice work!  I am interested in the method of the leopard skin upholstery.  It looks really good.  How's the build quality of the Revell kit?  Revell kits have always frustrated me.  

Cheers JCH,for such an old kit the quality and fit was very good,not much flash and the windscreen was very clear and scratch free,i have a Haseagwa 80's car kit that is not a good as the Revell kit,which surpised me,i will be straight into that kit once this project is complete.

I have the Elvira car almost finished so a final reveal with the answer to the leopard skin effect coming very soon.:like: