Hello all

GRK

Hi all

Just joined up. I've recently taken up modelling again after a lapse since childhood and I'm re-learning everything including how to use the airbrush properly! I've been looking at this site for inspiration and picking up tips and you all seem a very friendly bunch so looking forward to learning even more. 

I'm currently working on my first AFV kit (Tamiya's Matilda Mk III/IV) and trying out all the new techniques I've been reading about and watching copiously on You tube. Very pleased with it so far and I'll post some pictures of it when I'm done (yes-using a hosting site!) 

As my first question- does anyone know of a UK supplier of Tamiya's X20a thinner but the larger 250ml pot? I can't seem to get hold of any for the love of money as everywhere I look is out of stock or wants to charge about £15 delivery! I've had to start using the lacquer thinner- which seems to be working ok but as I'm still learning all things airbrush I'd prefer the acrylic version as I know it better!

Thanks

Edited by GRK
  • Like 2

My local hobbycraft sells Thinners but cannot remember the bottle size. Also try Veteranus Models at Ripon. They stock all sorts and ship everywhere. Oh...welcome back to the hobby.

10 hours ago, Timn said:

My local hobbycraft sells Thinners but cannot remember the bottle size. Also try Veteranus Models at Ripon. They stock all sorts and ship everywhere. Oh...welcome back to the hobby.

Thanks Timn, Veteranus Models were a winner. 

My order at Veteranus was re-funded. There was an error on the website that showed it was in stock when it in fact wasn't. It turns out that there isn't any of the 250ml in Europe due to a manufacturing fault but that stock will be back in the UK by the 2nd week of November...