MiG-17 Fresco

Hello ,,,

This is the progress of my current project, Fresco of Indonesian Air Force. I made a weathering just on my imagination. The challenge was how to make the extreme weathered plate on silver old aircraft. 

The real aircraft now monumentalized already.

What do you think? 

FuffE4.jpg

grOy3D.jpg

1pCH4i.jpg

pR00bl.jpg

hjyBP2.jpg

hmXQXW.jpg

T1SFZC.jpg

YguRO6.jpg

2vZyqq.jpg

bJUhIr.jpg

tzN90j.jpg

dIQO4i.jpg

fFly5O.jpg

iE7dGh.jpg

mNAAPY.jpg

Nu0TDz.jpg

m6r6jH.jpg

5yzpQA.jpg

f9FP22.jpg

Qfqzor.jpg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Vultures1 said:

Certainly looks like an airframe that has been exposed to the elements!  Well done

You have clearly used a range of techniques.   Would you share some of your methods?

@Vultures1

Greetings,

Thanks Buddy for comment,

The techniques just simple, i use not many tools for this aircraft. 

The main just

# liquid masking (i used artist liquid masking and not an expensive hobby liquid masking)

# a piece of sponge (any sponge)

# tamiya panel line accent color (brown)

For chipping, just touch the area with liquid masking that unpainted with sponge (pls use reference as much as possible), then airbrush it as usual.

The second one, just use tamiya accent color (enamel brown), spotted any dirt area with dull paint brush, then follow with sponge again.,, as quick as you can before the enamel getting dry. Use enamel thinner to reduce overdone color.

The third to make a sunbhate effect, again with liquid masking, just mix the silver paint with smoke gray color to gradation effect.

Others just use airbrush with smoke gray. HTH.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Excellent weathering.  Yes, please, share some of the techniques, especially on the decals.

Hi,, @John D.C. Masters thanks, just posted above.

On decals only chipping with liquid masking, i used TALENS cheap liquid masking film, no rocket science technique Sir,,, and a simple material. 

Almost forget, pls do a clear coat on decals prior to spot with liquid masking. Silver paint also very easy to lift off if no coating. 

Edited by Flanker List