1/72 - Lockheed (A)C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - released

Homebee

42 minutes ago, Homebee said:

New variant scheduled in 2023 - ref. 7326 - Lockheed AC-130J Hercules Ghostrider.

Source:

V.P.

Timely news. We had plans for conversion sets for him. AC-130J and 130W. Good thing I procrastinated. So much work would go to waste.

Well, let's do it for Italeri in 1/48.

67k-BQqpw-Xgc.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Владимир Мишонин said:

Timely news. We had plans for conversion sets for him. AC-130J and 130W. Good thing I procrastinated. So much work would go to waste.

Well, let's do it for Italeri in 1/48.

67k-BQqpw-Xgc.jpg

How about AC-130H & U?

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Lockheed C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - released - new AC-130J variant in 2023
On 18/04/2022 at 23:27, Scooby said:

Most of the Russian sites can’t be reached anymore as they are shut down due to the war in Ukraine.

I’m betting those rivet decals will work well for a natural metal scheme or silver scheme.

There all still working. You just need a proxy to access them.

<MILDLY POLITICAL/WAR RELATED CONTENT REMOVED>

On 29/11/2022 at 16:50, Homebee said:

Any idea when they will be on sale in the UK or Europe or is it just what you know from VK?

Edited by Mike
Politics/War stuff
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Any idea when they will be on sale in the UK or Europe or is it just what you know from VK?

I've just asked Models2U, and they are saying that the UK Importer has told them Mid-December.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No sorry I think you missed the point.

First 4 results for this on google "Zvezda 7325 American Military Transport Plane C-130J 1/72"

Scalemates

scalemodelshop £62.99

themodelworkshop £59.49

carmodel €54.95 (£48.58)

There are cheaper if you look further down the list, in fact £69.99 is by far and away the most expensive price for it.

£40 inc VAT and import duties but without shipping... £29.99 is a lot... +75% on top!

3 hours ago, IT_Man said:

The UK RRP (£69.99) is set by the UK Importer (The Hobby Company). Hannants just choose not to participate in the "race to the bottom" by discounting (presumably given their market position they don't need to).

Isnt that like saying that Hannants use their popularity in the market to rinse as much money out of their customers as possible though?

I'd say it's their prerogative to charge as they see fit. If they were charging above RRP (as Jadlam do for Humbrol paints - £3.85 vs £2.49 on Airfix site), I think that is worse.

(They'll have their reasons for that decision, but if you were to order all the paints for a kit that could be a significant bonus!)

Edited by IT_Man
(Sorry for off topic)

To me Hannants does not compete on price, but on reliability and keeping stock.

If I want something that is not available in Norway, I check with Hannants - either by mail order or for picking up in the Hendon shop next time I visit London. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
18 minutes ago, Владимир Мишонин said:

3.jpg

Decal already designed and in print now, a little patience - Zvezda will show it soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I see that AC-130J has two different side sensors. The one just behind front gun. On first and third picture is one type, and on last picture is second type. First one is way more rounded and second is more streamlined... I see same two types on real planes but don't know the difference. Anyone got any info? 

On 6/8/2023 at 6:55 PM, cicarista said:

I see that AC-130J has two different side sensors. The one just behind front gun. On first and third picture is one type, and on last picture is second type. First one is way more rounded and second is more streamlined... I see same two types on real planes but don't know the difference. Anyone got any info? 

First - AC-130J, second - converted from MC-130J