1/72 - Lockheed (A)C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - released

Homebee

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 11:44 PM, Владимир Мишонин said:

we have exhaust pipes ready for it. correct size and detail

Hi, where could one order these? Do you have a website and do you maybe carry the rivet decals too?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2021 at 10:57 AM, MrB17 said:

I sent you 2, because you had ordered 2, and I had ordered 3, and he sent me 4! Originally I was going to use mine on 2 Herk’s, however my second Herk is in 3 shades of camouflage, and OOB, and I don’t know if they would even be noticeable (ceiling dweller).

I checked my pile of Herk goodies, and there’s just 2 left, so you must have 2.

I wonder if I posted it on Scalemates as a new release, Arma Models might get with it! Lots of Zvezda Herk owners out there.

Hi Jeff, Took me until now to check, you did send me two! Not that I doubted your memory.

I just watched a YouTube build of the Zveda Hercules, the builder had these rivet decals and they didn’t work well. They aren’t prominent enough under a coat of paint.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Scooby said:

I just watched a YouTube build of the Zveda Hercules, the builder had these rivet decals and they didn’t work well. They aren’t prominent enough under a coat of paint.

I have been practicing with my Rosie the Riveter tools, I think I will use the decals to make templates for the tools. I think they are going to be a lot easier and less hassle than the decals.

I recently spotted riveting tools on Scalemates, that were pretty much identical to the Rosie the Riveter, with the exception of a plastic engraved handle instead of the original wooden handle. They are also made in Czech Republic. I believe the owner of Rosie the Riveter passed away recently, maybe this person has carried it on.

Jeff

13 hours ago, Scooby said:

Could you share the link? And what rivet decals were used? There are other rivet decals but they are general sheets, not specific for the C-130... That's why I ask 🙂

1 hour ago, 128fiddler said:

Could you share the link? And what rivet decals were used? There are other rivet decals but they are general sheets, not specific for the C-130... That's why I ask 🙂

I haven’t seen the rivet decals offered since, don’t know if they are still available, separately or with the order of a Zvezda C-130. Mine were purchased from eBay seller ekatsmir, whom is no longer a registered user. I can’t even find Arma Models (Russia) anymore in a google search. I have one set left, which I won’t be using, as I have purchased a set of Rosie the Riveter tools. Practicing with them, I find them much easier to use than I thought, and faster.

if you’re still interested in the rivet decal set, I will part with my last one for what I paid for it plus shipping. PM me if you want them.

Jeff

5 hours ago, MrB17 said:

I haven’t seen the rivet decals offered since, don’t know if they are still available, separately or with the order of a Zvezda C-130. Mine were purchased from eBay seller ekatsmir, whom is no longer a registered user. I can’t even find Arma Models (Russia) anymore in a google search. I have one set left, which I won’t be using, as I have purchased a set of Rosie the Riveter tools. Practicing with them, I find them much easier to use than I thought, and faster.

if you’re still interested in the rivet decal set, I will part with my last one for what I paid for it plus shipping. PM me if you want them.

Jeff

Most of the Russian sites can’t be reached anymore as they are shut down due to the war in Ukraine.

I’m betting those rivet decals will work well for a natural metal scheme or silver scheme.

Edited by Scooby

On 4/19/2022 at 6:20 PM, MiG-Mech said:

There was(?) an upgrade kit, but either sold already out or not released.

Arma Models (not to be confused with Arma Hobby) released the set boxed with the Zvezda kit back in 2020

Previous posts earlier in this thread

Link to the Arma Models website (now sold out)

Link to the Scalemates listing

Rivet placement instructions for @128fiddler I will post a scan of the now unavailable rivet decals as soon as I can get it scanned. If you can scan the decal sheet and post it here @Scooby that would be a help, otherwise I have to wait for my daughter, as my scanner is unavailable right now.

1123C33B-B5C9-4045-B12B-542E25CF73EB 64CAFE59-91B7-4691-8BD4-BB00E1C21504

I am not sure what the heavy black rectangular areas are on the fuselage, behind the paradoors and under the tail behind the cargo door. I don’t recall seeing anything like that back in my C-130 days.

Jeff

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrB17 said:

Rivet placement instructions for @128fiddler I will post a scan of the now unavailable rivet decals as soon as I can get it scanned. If you can scan the decal sheet and post it here @Scooby that would be a help, otherwise I have to wait for my daughter, as my scanner is unavailable right now.

1123C33B-B5C9-4045-B12B-542E25CF73EB 64CAFE59-91B7-4691-8BD4-BB00E1C21504

I am not sure what the heavy black rectangular areas are on the fuselage, behind the paradoors and under the tail behind the cargo door. I don’t recall seeing anything like that back in my C-130 days.

Jeff

Those are slime lights found on US Hercs, for any other Herc they need to be cut-out and replaced with something to replace the lost rivets in that area. I’m disappointed they were added as very few Hercs before the J had slime lights.

Edited by Scooby
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Lockheed C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - C-130H & J-30 released - new C-130J variant in 2022 - Black Dog detailing sets

Black Dog detailing sets

- ref. A72112 - Lockheed C-130H Hercules - wing flaps

- ref. A72113 - Lockheed C-130H Hercules - hydraulics

- ref. A72114 - Lockheed C-130H Hercules - radar+front door

- ref. A72115 - Lockheed C-130H Hercules - engine

2178-entry-1-1653641959.jpg

2178-entry-3-1653641959.jpg

2178-entry-4-1653641959.jpg

2178-entry-7-1653641959.jpg

2178-entry-8-1653641959.jpg

2178-entry-10-1653641959.jpg

2178-entry-11-1653641959.jpg

2178-entry-13-1653641959.jpg

V.P.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

Gents, about this: has anyone tried to work around Zvezda's C-130J-30 in order to make an H-30? 

I confess that I've been too lazy to go into my stash and see if Zvezda's C-130H wings (and other parts) could be used to make a stretched "classic" Herk. ☺️

1 hour ago, CharlieGolf2009 said:

I confess that I've been too lazy to go into my stash and see if Zvezda's C-130H wings (and other parts) could be used to make a stretched "classic" Herk. ☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CharlieGolf2009 said:

Gents, about this: has anyone tried to work around Zvezda's C-130J-30 in order to make an H-30? 

Hi,

I am almost 100% certain the wings are identical in all Zvezda Hercules kits, so slapping a H wing on a J-30 fuselage should be no problem at all. I have both kits at home, I will check this afternoon but I am 100% sure it will work.

And... what bloody brilliant Hercules kits they gave us, I liked the Italeri kits, I LOVED the Airfix kits but these Zvezda kits are godsend.

Cheers,

Stefan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Silver Seraph said:

I confess that I've been too lazy to go into my stash and see if Zvezda's C-130H wings (and other parts) could be used to make a stretched "classic" Herk.

Yes. It's possible

• Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Lockheed C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - C-130H & J-30 released - new C-130J variant in 2022 & AC-130J in 2023