1/72 - Lockheed (A)C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - released

Homebee

I don't want to put a dampener on this (since I too have been looking forward to this particular boxing) but there appears to be an issue with the clear parts (and the wraparound canopy in particular) with the new AC-130J kits. I have seen several reports over on ARC regarding the same issue, so please check your own kit. The windscreen appears to be completely flattened although this could be due to the fact that the clear plastic in this kit has been reported as noticeably softer and more 'flexy' than in previous kits (C-130H and J for example). It looks as if the plastic is so flexible that the part could be 'wrapped' around the fuselage without breaking although there could be an issue with the central window panes being too flat. Not sure how one will all get on with ordering replacements from Zvedza under the current circumstances too so buyer beware 

4 minutes ago, Tiger331 said:

there appears to be an issue with the clear parts (and the wraparound canopy in particular) with the new AC-130J kits. I have seen several reports over on ARC regarding the same issue, so please check your own kit. 

Interesting. Just test fitted mine & I don't see anything wrong with the fit or the look of the windscreen.

ApJgRnj.jpg

You got a link for the ARC discussion? I'd love some more info on what's potentially wrong with them!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lasinaatti said:

Interesting. Just test fitted mine & I don't see anything wrong with the fit or the look of the windscreen.

ApJgRnj.jpg

You got a link for the ARC discussion? I'd love some more info on what's potentially wrong with them!

Here’s a link just scroll a bit! But the cockpit glass is flat 🥴

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/333187-zvezda-172-ac-130j-ghostrider/

cheers, Jan

2 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Here’s a link just scroll a bit! But the cockpit glass is flat 🥴

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/333187-zvezda-172-ac-130j-ghostrider/

cheers, Jan

oh yeah, that's super obvious! what a bummer for that guy, I hope Zvezda gets him a replacement. I think they were quick about it when someone had a warped engine half when the first C-130s released.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lasinaatti said:

ApJgRnj.jpg

OK....good..........seems you were lucky and avoided the batch that had flat windscreens and received one with the 'standard' part.

4 hours ago, Lasinaatti said:

oh yeah, that's super obvious! what a bummer for that guy, I hope Zvezda gets him a replacement. I think they were quick about it when someone had a warped engine half when the first C-130s released.

Further down that thread he says that Zvezda sent him a prelacement but it would take 6-8 weeks to arrive.

Paul.

12 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

I don't want to put a dampener on this (since I too have been looking forward to this particular boxing) but there appears to be an issue with the clear parts (and the wraparound canopy in particular) with the new AC-130J kits. I have seen several reports over on ARC regarding the same issue, so please check your own kit. The windscreen appears to be completely flattened although this could be due to the fact that the clear plastic in this kit has been reported as noticeably softer and more 'flexy' than in previous kits (C-130H and J for example). It looks as if the plastic is so flexible that the part could be 'wrapped' around the fuselage without breaking although there could be an issue with the central window panes being too flat. Not sure how one will all get on with ordering replacements from Zvedza under the current circumstances too so buyer beware 

Just checked my box and mine is fine.

Mine is also fine, thankfully.

It's indeed very thin and flexible when compared to previous Zvezda Herk boxings. I curved the plastic windscreen around my thumb and it didn't break, although I don't recommend that you do this at home. 😁

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Lasinaatti said:

I think they were quick about it when someone had a warped engine half when the first C-130s released.

That was probably me, I purchased 2 of the H models and only one had a pair of badly distorted engine nacelles. It did take a couple of months to get the replacements, and that was before the current situation. The email came from a distributor in Germany, but at least I had the problem resolved in a very courteous manner.

Cheers

Jeff

22 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

Thank you for the advice.
Mine is fine, that I've got from aviationmegastore.

• Like 1