1/72 - Lockheed (A)C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - released

Homebee

While despruing my Zvezda C-130H’s I discovered that two nacelle halves were warped badly from something hot coming in contact with the two parts.

I contacted Zvezda, with a photo, and got an immediate response. They forwarded me to [email protected], this is the email to use if you require parts etc. Again very quick response and they are sending me the replacement parts at no charge. This was from the first batch, and I think that this may be an isolated incident, however you might want to check your sprues carefully. The second kit is fine.  Here is the photo I sent them. 

607DEF93-49EE-400A-8FC3-36DF4B637C43

I could find no other issues with either kit, other than the mistakes mentioned by @Владимир Мишонин

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Владимир Мишонин said:

"Explain"will consist of a lot of letters. will you read? Or would you take a model off the shelf and check the prototype photos available to everyone?

Very happy to read and thank you for explanation!🥰

Despite the findings mentioned earlier in the topic, which are IMHO entirely justified, I too believe the Zvezda kit is a no brainer.

It brings improvements that would be difficult to achieve in order to correct the still nice but now too expensive Italeri kit (while the Esci kit should not be mentioned, it is not an accurate kit, although the recessed details are eye-catching).

I reckon the Zvezda wing airfoil section bothers me painfully but that is what gets me drooling in aviation and model kits : wing airfoil sections, landing gears and RB211-524 turbofans. If it does ot bother you, do not hesitate and buy the Zvezda kit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

Where was the news of new versions in 2022?

Well, I'd like to know more, too.

There are some new decals for IDF/IAF Hercules from IsraDecals, but unfortunately with shipping a bit pricy (for me).

I saw a KC-130T-30 (164597) in our local airport yesterday, until then I hadn't realised that the USMC operated stretched Hercs.  I can't find any pics of this type air to air refuelling, does anyone here know if they did so?

For me this would make a great subject combining the relevant parts of the two current Zvezda kits.

16 minutes ago, 71chally said:

I saw a KC-130T-30 (164597) in our local airport yesterday, until then I hadn't realised that the USMC operated stretched Hercs.  I can't find any pics of this type air to air refuelling, does anyone here know if they did so?

For me this would make a great subject combining the relevant parts of the two current Zvezda kits.

6611308771-d82cd3c0e0-o.jpg

Edited by Владимир Мишонин

15 hours ago, 71chally said:

This Herc is not with the USMC, who have phased out all the KC-130T(-30)s, but with the US Navy. There were only two -30s.

Since the USN doesn't use these aircraft for refuelling they have removed the Sargent Fletcher pods.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KoenL said:

This Herc is not with the USMC, who have phased out all the KC-130T(-30)s, but with the US Navy. There were only two -30s.

The USMC has KC-130Js, with 53 delivered out of 79 ordered.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Lockheed C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - C-130H & J released - new variants in 2022

19 hours ago, Tail-Dragon said:

Just a heads up for a Canadian option on these kits, Mike Belcher of Belcher Bits dose a splendid set of CAF/RCAF Hercs, including the CC-130J-30

Belcher Bits CC-130 decals

Colin

I have a set, and they are gorgeous! Worth every penny.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Notwithstanding the long list of alleged errors with this kit, I stand by my original assertion that it is clearly the best 1:72 scale C-130 kit on the market and I look forward to cross kitting the new C-130J-30 with a C-130E/H to provide me with a 'short wheelbase' C-130J and one of those stretched C-130K C3 that I operated with all those years ago on the Lyneham Wing.   

• Like 4

So called alleged errors( especially  NACA Profile)   can be found on almost any kit, just no one bothers checking-one cannot just downsize real aircraft( as some think), its a great kit, and 99% of its omissions can be easily dealt with.

• Like 1