1/72 - Lockheed (A)C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - released

Homebee

3 minutes ago, MrB17 said:

I sent you 2, because you had ordered 2, and I had ordered 3, and he sent me 4! Originally I was going to use mine on 2 Herk’s, however my second Herk is in 3 shades of camouflage, and OOB, and I don’t know if they would even be noticeable (ceiling dweller).

I checked my pile of Herk goodies, and there’s just 2 left, so you must have 2.

I wonder if I posted it on Scalemates as a new release, Arma Models might get with it! Lots of Zvezda Herk owners out there.

I have a poor memory, I thought I only had one set.

4 minutes ago, Scooby said:

I have a poor memory, I thought I only had one set.

I probably have a worse memory, that’s why I have all of my inventory on Scalemates. I have almost completed the renovation to my wee hobby room, and I found a lot of things that I had completely forgotten about. Aging sucks!

Take care. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrB17 said:

I probably have a worse memory, that’s why I have all of my inventory on Scalemates. I have almost completed the renovation to my wee hobby room, and I found a lot of things that I had completely forgotten about. Aging sucks!

Take care. 

You probably have something I need on Scalemates😀

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, eng said:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=zvezda

Decal options now announced too:-

1. RAF, ZH872,

2. French AF,

3. Italian AF

4. RAAF,

5. USAF (Ramstein Anniversary aircraft with invasion stripes)

Thanks again to @Stephen for the heads up.

Eng

Perfect choice of  decals, I will definitely grab one

11 hours ago, eng said:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=zvezda

Decal options now announced too:-

1. RAF, ZH872,

2. French AF,

3. Italian AF,

4. RAAF,

5. USAF (Ramstein Anniversary aircraft with invasion stripes)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Zvezda.ModelKits/posts/3651762831593161

241797965-3651761824926595-2245645971400

241678032-3651762094926568-4645863284242

241801826-3651762001593244-3833047505747

V.P.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Lockheed C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - C-130H released - C-130J release in 2021 - new variants in 2022
9 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

What’s the concenusus on this kit? Looking for the reasons to not buy the overpriced academy rebox of the old italeri from my local vs ordering this online?

I've just finished it , I think it's much better than the Italeri kit .  

• Like 1

Well, if you call something a "wiffle-up" it can easily be explained in a few sentences to us mortals as to why you came to such a conclusion and what your proof is. Otherwise we can think of it as an opinion as we have seen, heard and read so many of. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Branky said:

Well, if you call something a "wiffle-up" it can easily be explained in a few sentences to us mortals as to why you came to such a conclusion and what your proof is. Otherwise we can think of it as an opinion as we have seen, heard and read so many of. 

'Wiffle up ' :D

I agree with you Branky. A mate views posts on forums like a conversation in a pub and views the responses in the context he's speaking to the guy making them.

Your man above's comment is a bit like a chap walking into the boozer, putting his hands on his hips,  shouting 'I hate avocados' and expecting a) anyone to care b) anyone to be interested unless they offer any form of explanation :D

TT

For the record, I don't mind avocados but prefer them in RLM 68.

1 hour ago, Branky said:

OK. let's start for "about the bad"
1. Wings airfoil along its entire span. The root should be NACA 64A-318. Near ailerons NACA 64A-412. This one, no other. Why on the model it turned out on the lower part of such a curvature as in a jet liner.
2. The engine cross section is narrow at the bottom along the entire nacelles, starting from the oil cooler intake to the very rear end of the nacelle.
3. The exhaust pipes of the engines are 2.5 millimeters less in diameter (Karl !!) than they should be. In an attempt to combine these small pipes with the panel lines and other small elements of the nacelle rear, the developer moved all of them from the correct location.
4. The details of the flaps marked with the panel lines on the lower part of the wings do not coincide along the contour with the prototype (Italeri and Eski had it right)
5. A gathering seam along the back of the wings was made on the lower half. Why didn't they do it on the upper half like the real C-130?
6. Why are all panel lines on the wings stepped? Everything is done exactly on the rest of the model.
7. Many small elements (on the rudder, ailerons, elevators and other surfaces) have been ignored in the panel lines - ESCI have done much more in their time, and then it was much more difficult to obtain information than it is now.
8. Wheels have a strange profile, coinciding with the prototype only in the outer diameter. The brakes are ridiculous and don't look like a prototype. Better to immediately change to resin.
9. the longitudinal plates of the reinforcements along the fuselage are marked only by the panel lines.
10. Branded, Lockhid's kink in the cross section of the lower part of the fuselage was made, but pulled it under the cockpit (it was necessary to bring it only to the front front door)
11. The front parts of the sponsons of the main chassis wheels in the "late or wide" version differ in appearance from the prototype.
12. Optical turrets pods are also simplified. The optical turret parts themselves are not included in the first or second kits.

enough? or else to collect

• Like 8