1/72 - Lockheed (A)C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - released

Homebee

I would be very wary of the quoted UK RRP. My LMS is full of Zvedza kits and they are all very competitively priced in comparison with the British, Chinese and Japanese kits on sale (I find that there are quite high levies on imported luxury items, such as plastic kits, here in Estonia). The oft-quoted cost of a Roden 1:144 C-5 Galaxy does appear to be a one-off anomaly from that particular company but I am not aware of a similar situation with Zvedza to date and I very much doubt they would want to curtail potential sales of such a popular kit. The elephant in the room however is the possibility that the ongoing sanctions are seriously skewing the price of manufacturing products in Russia and then exporting them but we have not seen that with recent kit releases such as the 1:144 Tupolev Tu-134UBL or 1:48 Mil Mi-24V/VP Hind, both of which command reasonable prices. I would suggest the Zvedza C-130 kit will work out at circa 55-70 Euros tops but we will see.       

33 minutes ago, Tiger331 said:

I would be very wary of the quoted UK RRP. My LMS is full of Zvedza kits and they are all very competitively priced in comparison with the British, Chinese and Japanese kits on sale (I find that there are quite high levies on imported luxury items, such as plastic kits, here in Estonia). The oft-quoted cost of a Roden 1:144 C-5 Galaxy does appear to be a one-off anomaly from that particular company but I am not aware of a similar situation with Zvedza to date and I very much doubt they would want to curtail potential sales of such a popular kit. The elephant in the room however is the possibility that the ongoing sanctions are seriously skewing the price of manufacturing products in Russia and then exporting them but we have not seen that with recent kit releases such as the 1:144 Tupolev Tu-134UBL or 1:48 Mil Mi-24V/VP Hind, both of which command reasonable prices. I would suggest the Zvedza C-130 kit will work out at circa 55-70 Euros tops but we will see.       

Indeed too many are too quick to react rather than think critically. Why would this largest European hobby store that nobody's heard of know the price before any of the better known big European sellers?

Model businesses tend to release price/product list updates to their dealers network all at the same time (or the ones who aren't informed get annoyed at being at a disadvantage, and rightly so).

One shop (that I've never heard of) listing an astronomical price before anyone better known lists any price at all sets off my BS alarm.

• Like 4

I had a look at the Wheelspin website. Seems to be largely concerned with R/C and might be very big in that area, its plastic kit side does not seem to be well stocked. Italeri, Tamiya and Hobbyboss seem to be the major brands carried and not much of that in stock. Certainly on the plastics side not a match for Hannants and my 'local' shop (Halifax Modellers World) does better in that area

46 minutes ago, coneheadff said:

Wish someone would do a MC-130E conversion 

but they do, mate https://www.djparkins.com/product.php?productid=17935&cat=282&page=1. Careful, though, as there were a few variations on the MC-130E. You might need to use parts from the HC-130 set too

Martin

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Brizeman said:

Looking at the art work for the Arma AC130 conversion it would appear to represent an AC130J  and the zvezda C130 is going to be a C130H so I suspect it is aimed at the Italeri kit.

That is a possibilty or they give you a complete engine set as well....

cheers, Jan

3 hours ago, Brizeman said:

Looking at the art work for the Arma AC130 conversion it would appear to represent an AC130J  and the zvezda C130 is going to be a C130H so I suspect it is aimed at the Italeri kit.

Not quite, the weapons are for the AC-130H. The J-model does not use the Bofors 40mm or M61s.

Someone just used some random artwork I think.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IT_Man said:

John in Models2U just confirmed me that the UK RRP will be for this item GBP49.99, so "panic over"!!!

On 8/14/2020 at 11:15 PM, 71chally said:

I'm going to stick my neck out predict that this kit will not be more than £50, if I'm wrong may I be sentenced to building Mach2 kits for the rest of my life!

...damit, I was 00.01p out!  Now, where's, that Mach2 Valiant....

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, RCI said:

C130 sprues 

Here you go. 
Their money printing machine has fired up.

as far as I can see, lots of versions will be possible to build incl interior

https://www.facebook.com/110897742346372/posts/2633774083392046/?extid=vtcpAvAC2H0ms8Lv&d=n

And even a crew...I surely love what i see..finally those cockpit windows are in the correct angle....and various parts which indicate a J version coming up as well!

cheers Jan

• Like 1