1/72 - Lockheed (A)C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - released

Homebee

17 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

It's not a metal finish, that aircraft is finished in the current AMC grey scheme.

I misinterpreted the painting. First glance it appeared to be natural metal. The shiny surfaces threw me off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Truro Model Builder said:

I suspect that for space reasons many of us will be limited to one C-130. That presents a huge problem in itself. Which one do we build??!!:frantic:

I have mine worked out ;). I just need to get the after market and then await the release of the kit :)

Martin

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Truro Model Builder said:

I suspect that for space reasons many of us will be limited to one C-130. That presents a huge problem in itself. Which one do we build??!!:frantic:

I'm looking at it the other way, I'm just going to make more space!  Three lovely RAF schemes I can think of straight away!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Truro Model Builder said:

I have two on pre-order, that is only a start. When I served on the Hercules we went through 3 paint schemes, I’ll wait for the E to be released before I do the first scheme.

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

I can just imagine my missus saying, "ooh, that's a great idea!"

Maybe if you tell the missus it saves on dusting? :) And you won't have to repair said dusting fallout.

Just a thought... 

Carry on!

This is one of these kits where you're very tempted to get one, then you think "Where am I going to put it when it's built?" and reality ensues!:crying:

Mike.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

He can't have had much excitement lately else three of those Stukas would have been marked as 'probables' :)

Unfortunately, round my bed is probably one of the safer places to store models these days 😂

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2020 at 1:23 PM, 71chally said:

I'm looking at it the other way, I'm just going to make more space!  Three lovely RAF schemes I can think of straight away!

No problem! 😂

I have a spare bedroom which I am converting into a man cave!!. All the old furniture and junk cleared out!

Some extra wide shelves later.....!

Plenty space when I'm done! Still need somewhere for the Revell AN-225 and, 1/72 B-36 though.....! 🙄

Allan

Ps - I'd really prefer a stretched C-130 and/or a J model. Perhaps they will follow

Pps - I'd really prefer even more an Antonov An-12 series!

23 hours ago, MikeR said:

This is one of these kits where you're very tempted to get one, then you think "Where am I going to put it when it's built?" and reality ensues!:crying:

Mike.

Yikes! Plus the new Airfix Vulcan B2 on approach... mind you they'd look very nice together (in the right markings of course... RAF circa late sixties I reckon) :hmmm:  

Rich

Edited by RichG
  • Like 4

On 13/08/2020 at 12:15, Mountain goat said:

Great space saving solution:

8df0adf6d7e3f7ef007947bba9170a42.jpg

Jay

Thats given me an idea on how I could display some of my builds in my new shed... No not the bed.!. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RichG said:

Yikes! Plus the new Airfix Vulcan B2 on approach... mind you they'd look very nice together (in the right markings of course... RAF circa late sixties I reckon) :hmmm:  

Rich

This is going to be an expensive August.....

My wants, this Hercules and the Vulcan.

As well as the following 1/48 kits, Kinetics GR3, GWH Su-27, and I have the Eduard Spits on the way.

I’m sure I forgot something.

7 minutes ago, wallyinoz said:

Scalemates are quoting a price of 135 GBP,  that curbs any enthusiasm I may have had

Seriously? I may cancel my multiple order and only get one if that is the case, must be a mistake.

Holy crap, must be an error, that’s $246 Cdn, I can buy two Tamiya 1/32 Spits for that price! I sure hope that is just an error.

Edited by Scooby

25 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Seriously? I may cancel my multiple order and only get one if that is the case, must be a mistake.

Holy crap, must be an error, that’s $246 Cdn, I can buy two Tamiya 1/32 Spits for that price! I sure hope that is just an error.

I hope it is wrong.. they wont sell many at that price I imagine

• Confused 1