1/72 - Lockheed (A)C-130H & J Hercules by Zvezda - released

Homebee

28 minutes ago, Tail-Dragon said:

It would certainly be nice if they included the Beech refueling pods used on the RCAF C-130H's!

I really doubt it since only five Herc’s carried those. I know a person on the design team, I doubt he could get support for such a limited used item Worldwide.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tail-Dragon said:

It would certainly be nice if they included the Beech refueling pods used on the RCAF C-130H's!

Will be only standard refuel probe, but not for so rare pods.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Scooby said:

I really doubt it since only five Herc’s carried those. I know a person on the design team, I doubt he could get support for such a limited used item Worldwide.

Didn't think they would, just thought it would be a nice surprise!

On 6/26/2020 at 4:06 AM, Truro Model Builder said:

I was thinking about this last night (amazing what comes to mind at 3am when you can't sleep). Zvezda have done a few models that do not have a big domestic market, but I am willing to bet that the C-130 is by far one of their most expensive in terms of R+D. On the assumption that a big box with a picture of an aircraft with 'USAF' plastered across it may not be the biggest seller in Russia it suggests to me that they are actively looking at their overseas market and aiming to capture some of it. The Hercules is an ideal subject to do it with, and I have no doubt that they will recoup their investment, and it leads me to wonder what other subjects may be on their 'to do' list.

Thinking of something in 1/72 scale that would appeal to a worldwide market:  C-119? Constellation in civil and military configurations? (Both of these have been done years ago but a modern update "should" have wide appeal.) IL-18? (Many civilian and military applications.) All of these seem practical to me. Having said that, I'm going to stretch and ask, C-124? Used by the US only but seen all over the world for years, from the late 40's to nearly the mid 70's. I confess, my dream mode kicked in ... really kicked in!

6 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Thinking of something in 1/72 scale that would appeal to a worldwide market:  C-119? Constellation in civil and military configurations? (Both of these have been done years ago but a modern update "should" have wide appeal.) IL-18? (Many civilian and military applications.) All of these seem practical to me. Having said that, I'm going to stretch and ask, C-124? Used by the US only but seen all over the world for years, from the late 40's to nearly the mid 70's. I confess, my dream mode kicked in ... really kicked in!

C-121 is the Military designation for the Constellation

28 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

C-121 is the Military designation for the Constellation

C-119 was one of my guesses and the Lockheed Constellation in civilian and military configurations was another. I apologize if the way I worded my text confused you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

C-119 was one of my guesses and the Lockheed Constellation in civilian and military configurations was another. I apologize if the way I worded my text confused you.

I most like likely misread your responce, all good SAT

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

They picked a nice set of markings for the C-130; not gaudy but with enough color on top of a natural metal finish to be quite attractive.

19 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

They picked a nice set of markings for the C-130; not gaudy but with enough color on top of a natural metal finish to be quite attractive.

It's not a metal finish, that aircraft is finished in the current AMC grey scheme.

c130h-78-0809-usaf-kabul-kbl-oakb.jpg?m=

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, 71chally said:

144, no thank you, we deserve this in 72nd, it's not a huge aircraft.  I would even venture that a 48th kit would be very welcome.

You are absolutely right ...allready waiting 30 years for a correct one 🤨 or am I picky....

Once I was glad to bin those Italeri Dakota’s after the Airfix release as well😁 I had 15 italeri ones and never seriously finished one because of the looks and I finished three from Airfix because I like the looks...

And I have the same feeling about the Italeri Hercules as I had with those Italeri Dakota’s...

cheers, Jan

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 71chally said:

144, no thank you, we deserve this in 72nd, it's not a huge aircraft.  I would even venture that a 48th kit would be very welcome.

Agreed. I wouldn't even consider it if it were 1/144. There are already kits in that scale for those that like tiddlers.

Allan

• Like 2