1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P & Mi-35M "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released - Mi-24D "Hind-D" by Eduard - and Mi-24V/-35 in 2023

Homebee

11 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

IIRC Arma in Russia were first to release a rivet decal for the Hind. I do not recall the asking price but bet this was way lower than what Eduard is asking. I really hope someone else will jump the train and the prices for rivet decals will come down a bit (though not very lilekly as all prices seem to take the other way...). That said Archer rivet decals for a Fw190 in 1:32 are about 90 USD - so the question is if 65 Euro for the Eduard decals is already a reasonable price and I have to find another soloution instead of waiting for a better offer.

Here it is. Could only get it through pre-order of the kit. No longer available. Shame. 500 Rubles/ 7.08 USD
https://arma-models.ru/catalog/dekali/am4843_dekal_obemnaya_dlya_imitatsii_zaklepok_mi_24_ot_zvezdy/

• Like 1

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/pfbid0yCyNB1qNsLx1cmg9n4sQdvwuyGojRBFEVD2iu4wQbx61ntpSpdWxabGVi6RpeSxTl

New Eddie the riveter decal line!

Decal with raised rivets and surface details for Mi-24V kit in 1/48th scale (Zvezda).

Catalog number in the new series: ER48001

The May issue of Eduard INFO magazine contains instructions on how to work with the decals. Hint: do not peel-off!

Rivet the Eddie way!

https://www.eduard.com/eduard/3d-decals/mi-24v-positive-rivets-%26-surface-details-1-48.html

279893506-5687140677967499-4198516787242

V.P.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, folks, but I can't see the point of spending lots of money on rivet-sets, when most of the details involved should have been produced on the kit in the first place. Obviously, how people spend their money is entirely their own business, but some of these upgrade sets' prices are plain ridiculous, to be frank. 

Chris.  

I think the pricing is about right for this kind of product. I want to use Archer resin rivets on an Academy 1/48 CH-46 this year and I reckon that will cost me about £50 just for rows of rivets.

Jon

i think somebody has lost the plot at Eduard, 

and at the same time I truely do think they are the best model company in the world today-from quality to pricing, but Rosie The... pricing is outrageous, I don't recall any 1/48 accessory being so expensive comparable to the price of the model its designed to complement.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 10:25 PM, Thomas V. said:

i think somebody has lost the plot at Eduard, 

and at the same time I truely do think they are the best model company in the world today-from quality to pricing, but Rosie The... pricing is outrageous, I don't recall any 1/48 accessory being so expensive comparable to the price of the model its designed to complement.

Reskit F-111 sets are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I always find it funny watching people complain about the price of stuff in our hobby.   As if they know what it cost to develop the product or what the manufacturer wants to make in profit.  Neither of those are possibly true.

What they are really saying is , Oh I'd like that but I either can't afford it or I am not prepared to pay that.  Both those are valid points of view -  But they are "you" problems .. Not the manufacturers problem.  

• Like 3

On 5/9/2022 at 4:32 AM, Calum said:

I always find it funny watching people complain about the price of stuff in our hobby.   As if they know what it cost to develop the product or what the manufacturer wants to make in profit.  Neither of those are possibly true.

What they are really saying is , Oh I'd like that but I either can't afford it or I am not prepared to pay that.  Both those are valid points of view -  But they are "you" problems .. Not the manufacturers problem.  

Hmm...

You are of course totally right.

Let's put it in a different way.

I personally like that riveting set a lot. I also would have liked Zwezda zu include the RIVETS from the beginning.

I have ~6 of these Hinds in my stash, one on the bench.

I can afford buying a set, maybe I am going nuts soon and I even do for the sheer interest and the masochistic aspect of the hobby ;)

But for me personally again, the price to added value relation is not quite there...  1,5 to 2 times the kit price is steep, simply.

I do not care for that matter if a product is cost effective to develop or produce, that is the manufacturers' problem indeed ;)

But if I does not sell in quantities, the development cost at least is not worth it. 

If production cost is that high, you might need to revisit your production technique.

But, time and market will tell :)

I am happy to follow this developments and happy that we have innovative companies out there! :thumbsup:

• Like 5

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P & Mi-35M "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released - Mi-24D "Hind-D" by Eduard
  • 1 month later...

Ciro Models - ref. C-625 - Mil Mi-24 "Hind" 3D printed tow bar

Tow bar for Mi-24D, V, P. There is only one single design of the tow bar.

The kit consists of three parts made by direct 3D printing.

http://shop.ciromodels.com/1-48-pozemni-technika/131-c-625-mi-24-tana-ty.html#

c-1-mi-24-tana-ty.jpg
c-625-mi-24-tana-ty.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P & Mi-35M "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released - Mi-24D "Hind-D" by Eduard - and Mi-24V/-35 in 2023
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Homebee said:

All Scale Kits (ASK) limited edition rebox from the Zvezda's Mi-24P kit - ref. ASK4830 - Russian Federation's war of aggression against Ukraine.

Source: https://vk.com/allscalekits?w=wall-192655061_1694

thanks!

Sad choice...rather one sided :(

I would have preferred at least a mix of Ukrainian and Russian markings

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Don't forget the Ukrainians Mi-24 Crocodiles - See Foxbot decals:

- ref. 48-069 - Mil Mi-24 Ukrainian Air Forces, Ukrainian Crocodiles, Part I

Source: https://foxbot.com.ua/48-069-e.html

foxbot-48-069-0-800x800390x390.jpg

- ref. 48-072 - Mil Mi-24 Ukrainian Air Forces, Ukrainian Crocodiles, Part IV

Source: https://foxbot.com.ua/48-072-e.html

fd-48-072-01-800x800390x390.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

thanks!

Sad choice...rather one sided :(

I would have preferred at least a mix of Ukrainian and Russian markings

Well, at first, i think, that release will only for Russia`s domestic market, and you have no chance to meet it at worldwide shops. Second, there are plenty ways to build  default Zvezda`s kit with any markings at your taste.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...