1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P & Mi-35M "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released - Mi-24D "Hind-D" by Eduard - and Mi-24V/-35 in 2023

Homebee

• 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - Mi-24V/VP & P released
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released
  • 1 month later...

Just got my Hind P.

With a lit of negativity around i was very pleasantly surprised.

Very sharp clean molding with some beautiful tooling.

A Quinta set plus maybe a resin rotor head.

Lots if things to hang of pylons and lovely decals.

Having been flying the DCS Hind thus is very welcome to do a heavily weathered Afghan bird.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released - Mi-24D "Hind-D" variant by Eduard in September 2021

Eduard is to rebox and propose in late September 2021 the Zvezda 1/48th Mi-24 as Mi-24D "Hind-D" variant - ref. 11150

Mil Mi-24D HIND D 1/48 OCTOBER RELEASE!! EXPECTED IN STOCK LATE SEPTEMBER!!! Limited edition kit of Soviet attack helicopter Mil Mi-24D in 1/48 scale. Focused on machines used by Czechoslovak, Czech and Slovak Air Force. - plastic parts: Zvezda - marking options: 10 - decals: Eduard - PE parts: yes, pre-painted - painting ma

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EDK11150

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Homebee said:

Eduard is to rebox and propose in late September 2021 the Zvezda 1/48th Mi-24 as Mi-24D "Hind-D" variant - ref. 11150

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EDK11150

V.P.

but a Hind D out of the Hind E kit? (Mi-24D out of a Mi-24/35V)

courious what conversion parts we will see!

nose senors and fairings, anti tank missiles and plyons, 

and some other arears are necessary to change!

fingers crossed, that could be an interesting offering!

9 hours ago, exdraken said:

fingers crossed, that could be an interesting offering!

It will be the same as in 1/72. The question is if Zvezda will release earlier their Mi-24A in 1/48 or Eduard will obtain and use the frames from Mi-24A prior to Zvezda release...

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released - Mi-24D "Hind-D" variant by Eduard in September-October 2021
21 hours ago, exdraken said:

Source: https://www.eduard.com/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2021-10en.pdf

In 1/48 scale we are releasing a limited edition Mi-24D Hind kit (Zvezda plastic parts) focused on machines of Czechoslovak, Czech and Slovak Air Force. The plastic parts are originally intended for the Mi-24V version, but our offering includes a set of conversion parts for the Mi-24D version made by direct 3D printing. The kit also includes Falanga missiles, these being as well a product of our new 3D printing workshop. The kit includes a publication focusing on the Mi-24D version in the Czechoslovak and Czech Air Force in Czech language. This is a reduced and revised version of a larger publication we previously released as part of the HIND 1/72 kit. And I would also like to point out that Zvezda is not offering the Mi-24D version.

210816081854571991.png

210816081854707518.png

V.P.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Homebee said:

So no HIND-A frames! Seems reasonable - only small corrections needed - to mask headlight hole, EVU mounting locks to be  removed and mask the tail data recorder if I didn't miss something... But UB-32A-24 should be also in the box, not as an optional. 

• 3 weeks later...

Source: https://www.eduard.com/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2021/info-eduard-2021-09en-jepa.pdf

(...) Our Mi-24D Limited Edition kit in 1:48th scale comes from the Zvezda Mi-24V. The Mi-24D will be possible through the use of included conversion parts. This will be from our popular Brassin line, this time, though, not in the form of resin castings, but for the mostpart, as actual 3D prints. I will write more on those in the following texts, so I won’t dive head-first into describing them here, though I will say that the advantages of 3D printed parts over cast resin items include easier application and geometrical stability, not to mention higher fidelity of detail. The conversion will be covered by three parts that will recreate the D version Raduga-F guidance pod under the nose, chaff/ flare dispensers under the tail and the exhausts (although I am not certain that these things behind the engines are called ‘exhausts’, but for now, no better term comes to mind). There will also be some smaller, version specifics included in the cockpit, such as the collimator gunsight, although exactly what qualifies it as a collimator item I am not certain of either, and pylons with Falanga (AT-2 Swatter) missiles. The missiles will be cast resin in the kit, and the reason for this is production quantity requirements, and set of Swatters will be released as a separate Brassin set too. The kit will include some photoetching, such as the rails for the missiles, and the instrument panel and seatbelts, but these should come as no surprise. Part of the package will be made up of the Jaroslav Spacek publication that was included in the Hind kit in 72nd scale, released five years ago. The current version of the publication only has its roots in that one from five years ago, and has significant differences, among which are that it deals strictly with the Mi-24D in Czechoslovak and Czech Air Force service. We will focus on the Mi-24V and Mi-35 variants in a year or so, and the plan is to release similar kits around the same time to be highlights for E-day 2022. And I am not ready to speculate on the go or no-go for E-day 2022 at this point. This kit will have its premiere at Plzen, and will be available for purchase there, and an actual Czech Army Air Force Mi-24 will make an appearance, too. It won’t be a ‘D’ version, but I doubt that anyone will seriously mind.(...)

V.P.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/4944988098849431

Box design of upcoming 1/48 scale Limited Edition kit of attack helicopter Mi-24D focused on aircraft used by Czechoslovak, Czech and Slovak Air Force.

Illustration by Kateřina Borecká, design by Jan Zdiarský.

The kit is going to be released in October under cat. no. 11150.

Content:

- plastic parts: Zvezda,

- 8 marking options,

- decals: Eduard,

- pre-painted PE parts,

- painting mask,

- resin parts: yes, exhausts, flare dispensers, gunsight, optical guidance system and antenna, Phalanga missile and holder of the Phalanga racks, - extra: a pictorial book about Mi-24D serice in the Czechoslovak and Czech Air Force.

242449201-4944987875516120-2539223167979

242474559-4944987878849453-5068971280559

V.P.

• Like 1

Off the cuff, Reskit does a full resin cockpit for the V, but it is also designed around the Quinta decals. They also do the cargo / crew cabin. So far Eduard have done only the IPs in their Look range, but no full cockpit (at least thus far).

• Thanks 1

It is a limited edition with book (in Czech), and resin (brassin) conversion parts for "D" version. Mr. Šulc wrote in last info a next year released a Hind as "V" version (Mi-35 but bevare - this is a export designation for Mi-24V, not Russian highly modernised Mi-35 with non retreacteable gear and different rotor and avionics). And i´m sure a PE parts for "D" cockpit was included 🐵 in this "HInd D". But when you can, be quickly a 1/72 Hind L.E. was  quickly sold out.  I presumed a same situation with this quarter scale kit. Simple in this box you are have a Hinds from times of Cold War and begin of democracy in Czechoslovakia and later Czechia and Slovakia. Mi-35 or Mi-24V (current machines in service) was delivered as part of de-blocation of Russian debt and all have Czech NATO camo (green-gray). But in this first boxing are early Hinds. And no, don´t exist another boxing without book, is only this L.E. with book. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AlCZ said:

It is a limited edition with book (in Czech), and resin (brassin) conversion parts for "D" version. Mr. Šulc wrote in last info a next year released a Hind as "V" version (Mi-35 but bevare - this is a export designation for Mi-24V, not Russian highly modernised Mi-35 with non retreacteable gear and different rotor and avionics). 

The newer one is designated as Mi-35M AFAIK so it's not ambiguous.