1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P & Mi-35M "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released - Mi-24D "Hind-D" by Eduard - and Mi-24V/-35 in 2023

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released - Mi-24D "Hind-D" by Eduard
26 minutes ago, 71chally said:

What are overtrees?

Boxes with only the plastic in them, no decals, no instruction, no PE, no extras at all. Only available direct from Eduard.

• Thanks 1

Got my Hind D yesterday, I really like what they did!

The D specific targeting equippment is 3D printed by the way I assume, the anti tank missiles etc cast resin.

Decals and schemes look fantastic!

I really do hope that a translation into English will be provided soon for the excellent reference book though!

On 10/7/2021 at 4:19 PM, exdraken said:

I really do hope that a translation into English will be provided soon for the excellent reference book though!

I'm still waiting for the translation of Eduard's 1/72 book. 🙄

• Sad 1

On 10/7/2021 at 3:19 PM, exdraken said:

I'm pretty sure I read in a recent 'Eduard Info' that they would not be providing an English translation for this book.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, hopkp said:

I'm pretty sure I read in a recent 'Eduard Info' that they would not be providing an English translation for this book.

that is rather unfortunate!

Can't be that expensive, no? but as the text is not online, it is hard to put into e.g.  google translate  :(

I ams till hoping though! 

• 5 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released - Mi-24D "Hind-D" by Eduard - Blackdog detailing sets

Blackdog dedicated detailing sets

- ref. A48146 - Mi-24 Hind engine
Source: https://blackdog.cz/a48146-1-48-mi-24-hind-engine/

a48146-1-48-mi-24-hind-engine-7-jpg-big.
a48146-1-48-mi-24-hind-engine-8-jpg-big.

- ref. A48147 - Mi-24 Hind canon + electronics
Source: https://blackdog.cz/a48147-1-48-mi-24-hind-canon-electronics/

a48147-1-48-mi-24-hind-canon-electronics

- ref. A48148 - https://blackdog.cz/a48148-1-48-mi-24-hind-big-set/
Source: https://blackdog.cz/a48148-1-48-mi-24-hind-big-set/

a48148-1-48-mi-24-hind-big-set-13-jpg-bi

V.P.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Was it my imagination or did Eduard announce a raised rivet decal set for the Hind to be released in May? Can't find the info about it now.

1 hour ago, Muzz said:

Was it my imagination or did Eduard announce a raised rivet decal set for the Hind to be released in May? Can't find the info about it now.

It’s up on the hannants website but not cheap -£60 for the set. 

• Like 1

On 20/04/2022 at 17:54, Muzz said:

Here the link to the Eduard site.  :yes:

• Like 1

Thanks to both, finally found it on the Hannants site, bit of a difference between the price on the Eduard (£39) site and that on Hannants (£56). I'm certainly not against paying a cost for them provided they are easy to use and effective.

1 hour ago, Muzz said:

Thanks to both, finally found it on the Hannants site, bit of a difference between the price on the Eduard (£39) site and that on Hannants (£56). I'm certainly not against paying a cost for them provided they are easy to use and effective.

At a guess, I'd say they might be by HGW, they seem to have do e Eduard stuff before (ie direct copies of decal sheets, but with peel off film)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozothenutter said:

At a guess, I'd say they might be by HGW, they seem to have do e Eduard stuff before (ie direct copies of decal sheets, but with peel off film)

That's interesting and a little concerning for me as I've bought HGW raised rivets in the past and couldn't really get them to work. And I'm not saying it was the product that was at fault may well have been my error. I'll wait to see a review or hear about someone else's experience before I part with that sort of money for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bozothenutter said:

No, they ditched collaboration with HGW some years back. I think it’ll be some 3D printed decals from their new SPACE range. Expensive, but comprehensive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

No, they ditched collaboration with HGW some years back. I think it’ll be some 3D printed decals from their new SPACE range. Expensive, but comprehensive.

They are seriously expensive! More than I paid for either Zvezda 1/48 Hind kit I have bought.

5 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

They are seriously expensive! More than I paid for either Zvezda 1/48 Hind kit I have bought.

Yes, in Italy the rivet set is twice the Zvezda kit itselfs... :(

There's a note on the Instruction Sheet  about a detailed step by step application instruction in the next Eduard Info May issue. :D

Ciao.

Davide

• 2 weeks later...

König has pictures up of the set, looks very comprehensive (stiffeners, etc).

But €63,- !!

https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/en/Aircraft/Aircraft-Models-1-48/Accessories-Figures-aircrafts-1-48/Decals-aircrafts-1-48/Mil-Mi-24V-positive-rivets-surface-details-1-48

Edited by Bozothenutter
Linkie
  • Like 1

IIRC Arma in Russia were first to release a rivet decal for the Hind. I do not recall the asking price but bet this was way lower than what Eduard is asking. I really hope someone else will jump the train and the prices for rivet decals will come down a bit (though not very lilekly as all prices seem to take the other way...). That said Archer rivet decals for a Fw190 in 1:32 are about 90 USD - so the question is if 65 Euro for the Eduard decals is already a reasonable price and I have to find another soloution instead of waiting for a better offer.

I wonder what is justification for such a price? What makes a cost of such product? Research, human labor, material and technology used. I can't imagine that first 3 factors would make such huge cost in case of rivet decals. So either Eduard bought some super-duper expensive new 3D printing machine for Eduard rivets line that has to be paid off quickly, or it is greed.
Whatever reason is... 20-25 Euro is max that I'm prepared to pay for rows of small dots. Above that, "Rosie the riveter" and steady hand will have to do.

• Like 1