1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P & Mi-35M "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released - Mi-24D "Hind-D" by Eduard - and Mi-24V/-35 in 2023

Homebee

5 hours ago, 71chally said:

...I must admit that I'm changing my view on the cockpit issue. 

I happened to be looking at reference material yesterday and the kit really deserves a decent cockpit interior (inc seats and panels etc), especially given all that large clear glazing that it can be seen through.

I wonder if one of the previous Pavla & Cobra resin cockpit upgrade sets for the Revell kit will fit this one?  If not, I'm guessing new sets will be forthcoming.

I was thinking to use Mi-24D PE from Part (S48-003) - but as you can see the cockpit is useless. I believe the same ma be for other resin sets. For conversion to D version some other items from this and 004 Part PE set can be used. I agree cockpit needs upgrade and I hope except Quinta we will have other companies making additional PE parts as Quinta makes only early variant and for example in later Czech or Polish Mi-24Vs there are some upgrades and they're painted in black.

spacer.png

• Like 1

OK.............I've read and heard enough............and now I have the added benefit of holding the kit in my hands.....direct from Russia for circa 35 Euros.

I have also spent more than enough time working with and flying in Hinds to know the subject and that I like this new kit. Sure, it comes in a box that is probably 1/3 bigger than it needs to be, the fuselage could do with the odd rivet or two and one or two modellers would probably like a little bit more detail in the cockpit but, personally, I think it's a great kit and great value for money. I have little doubt that the 'usual suspects' among the aftermarket fraternity will join Quinta (who have very quick off the mark) and produce some very nice resin and photo-etched goodies in the fullness of time for those with AMS but for the rest, you can buy with confidence !.

For my money, the only companies that could surpass the level of detail and overall quality of this kit would be Avantgarde, Great Wall Hobby, Kinetic or Tamiya and I doubt that any of these will tackle this subject anytime soon given that Zvedza have now released their kit.  

Well Done, Zvedza ! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tiger331 said:

OK.............I've read and heard enough............and now I have the added benefit of holding the kit in my hands.....direct from Russia for circa 35 Euros.

I have also spent more than enough time working with and flying in Hinds to know the subject and that I like this new kit. Sure, it comes in a box that is probably 1/3 bigger than it needs to be, the fuselage could do with the odd rivet or two and one or two modellers would probably like a little bit more detail in the cockpit but, personally, I think it's a great kit and great value for money. I have little doubt that the 'usual suspects' among the aftermarket fraternity will join Quinta (who have very quick off the mark) and produce some very nice resin and photo-etched goodies in the fullness of time for those with AMS but for the rest, you can buy with confidence !.

For my money, the only companies that could surpass the level of detail and overall quality of this kit would be Avantgarde, Great Wall Hobby, Kinetic or Tamiya and I doubt that any of these will tackle this subject anytime soon given that Zvedza have now released their kit.  

Well Done, Zvedza ! 

Kittyhawk is doing one in 1/48th scale. 

7 hours ago, B.sin said:

Kittyhawk is doing one in 1/48th scale. 

I was already aware of this but had discounted the Kittyhawk offering based on my previous experience with their kits - some great subjects but woefully over engineered and complicated, average fit and accuracy issues with some too. My reference above was related to those manufacturers that I would, personally, rate as being equal to Zvedza in terms of quality, detail, ease of assembly and value for money and therefore up to the challenge of producing a kit to rival the Russian manufacturer. I don't see Kittyhawk doing that but I can always be proved wrong since they may have upped their game by then !.  

• Like 3

I was already aware of this but had discounted the Kittyhawk offering based on my previous experience with their kits - some great subjects but woefully over engineered and complicated, average fit and accuracy issues with some too. My reference above was related to those manufacturers that I would, personally, rate as being equal to Zvedza in terms of quality, detail, ease of assembly and value for money and therefore up to the challenge of producing a kit to rival the Russian manufacturer. I don't see Kittyhawk doing that but I can always be proved wrong since they may have upped their game by then !.  

Many say kitty hawk chopper kits are their best, and aren't plagued by the problems found in other subjects.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Simon V said:

Many say kitty hawk chopper kits are their best, and aren't plagued by the problems found in other subjects.

I would tend to agree with regard to the UH-1D/H which is markedly superior to other offerings but others (such as the Seasprite and Dauphin) have proved to me more of a challenge.

I would tend to agree with regard to the UH-1D/H which is markedly superior to other offerings but others (such as the Seasprite and Dauphin) have proved to me more of a challenge.

The AH-1Z and UH-1Y are also pretty good.

I'm interested to see how the KH version will stack up against Zvezda; I'm solidly on the fence thus far. I've seen some photos of the Zvezda plastic on a FB group where there is quite a rough texture on some of the main fuselage parts. I'd be interested to know how prevalent that is.

Jon

Picked up one myself for a very good price on eBay. Look forward to see what aftermarket pops up soon for it as I'll probably end up building it when it arrives :lol:

• Like 1

Has anyone in the UK purchased the Quinta 3D decals from their Ebay store.?

I've very reluctant to buy from international sellers and even more with the pandemic 

24 minutes ago, thepureness said:

I've very reluctant to buy from international sellers and even more with the pandemic 

Yes. Received notification of dispatch on Saturday. Why your concern?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thepureness said:

I've ordered a set, it's en route to me at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thepureness said:

I've just ordered three items, one from Japan, one from Czechoslovakia and one from the US, the first one was very quick, second one a bit longer, third item is in transit. All have been well packed with good notifications.

I use one use only gloves for handling and opening the external packaging (dispose of), and then wipe over the kit/parts packaging.

But it's down to the buyer to assess the risk and handle as fit.

When it comes to the Hind, I'm going to wait for a full interior set, as the decals only really address one aspect of the interior.

The main problem I seem to be running into at the moment is anything shipped via FedEx. I have two packages on the way, both scheduled for delivery this week from different senders in different countries and both making up my 'birthday haul'. Unfortunately FedEx, after their tracking system listed my item as going astray from the UK all the way to Germany, but then sent me an email assuring me of delivery today, then tried the old 'we tried to deliver but you were not at home' story. That was generally pretty risible at the best of times but when I, like most of the population, are 'AT HOME ON INSTRUCTION BY THE GOVERNMENT' how did they think that old one was going to work? Especially with motion activated CCTV to see who has/hasn't tried deliveries? I'm still waiting for the photo of my front door that they must have obtained as proof. So if I actually 'get' my deliveries I'll be pleased. 😞

1 hour ago, 71chally said:

When it comes to the Hind, I'm going to wait for a full interior set, as the decals only really address one aspect of the interior.

That is the question what will we have to upgrade (or just to make the model at the acceptable level). Most comprehensive PE set for Zveda 1/72 Hind was ACE #7257, 7258, 7260. Would be great if they do the same for 1/48.

On 5/11/2020 at 1:40 PM, stakor said:

That is the question what will we have to upgrade (or just to make the model at the acceptable level). Most comprehensive PE set for Zveda 1/72 Hind was ACE #7257, 7258, 7260. Would be great if they do the same for 1/48.

If Aires, CMK or Eduard come out with a full cockpit set then I might go for those otherwise I'll probably hold off on any further upgrades until I see what the Kittyhawk offering looks like which may cause me to ditch the Zvezda.

15 hours ago, 71chally said:

I've posted some on the previous page.

:blink2: Wow, James; you did? Sorry. I'm such a jacknut! :rolleyes: Not much time to be online as of late. Oughta have checked first.

Kit looks outstanding, thanks a helluva lot, my mate! :worthy:

Does it lean? :lol:

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 3:37 PM, 71chally said:

I like it Unc, but a resin cockpit along the lines of the ones made for the Monogram kit would be a real treat!

James, I'm quite positive that a resin manufacturer is going to chime in with regard to providing us with a detailed cockpit for the Zvezda Hind kit soon. In the meantime, the Quinta Studio bits look nice enough. Not the same as a resin cockpit, but someone will come along soon...

Cheers,

Unc2 

• Like 1