1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P & Mi-35M "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released - Mi-24D "Hind-D" by Eduard - and Mi-24V/-35 in 2023

Homebee

The Yak-130 has beautiful surface detail and economics hasn't changed since.

1 hour ago, Ka-Efka said:

Removing raised rivets: relatively easy

Adding recessed rivets: very easy

Removing recessed rivets: cumbersome / hard

Adding raised rivets: very very hard

I've just amended that for you ;) One of my on and off projects is a Huey and I've yet to find a quick and painless method of adding the mushroom rivets the things are covered in. I'd pay more if it meant building out of the box and may get more than one. As it is it'll be one very carefully chosen subject. I'll bet I'm not alone.

Helicopters aren't as sensitive to surface detail as aircraft and this Hind seems to ignore that which is a shame.

• Thanks 1

Yup - Hasegawa AH-64 have raised rivets - and it is still one of most beautiful kit of helo ever.... and  still best Apache in any scale. But more older a cheaper AH-64 from Academy have rivets too... And for Hind  are rivets typical (same case is Black Hawk etc...). But... is good a Zvezda made new quarter scale kit,, for reasoneable price , nice armanent and shape accuracy. And rivetr give a Devil...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flarpen said:

Adding raised rivets isn't that hard
Just apply resin rivet decals, quick and easy. 

True but I'm looking for some that give good, consistent results. I have had several offerings that were variable. I've had good results using the spheres out of water filter cartridges dropped into the recessed rivets on the UH-1. I just need to find a better way of sifting the sizes. Remember we do this for fun.... :D

On 3/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, AlCZ said:

Zvezda´s small scale Hind was "humped and warped" - as  real helicopter. I can´t  wait for 1/48. But i can´t understand why haven´t rivets.... I must hope for GWH rivet decals.... But is gorgeous, we have after forty years complet new HIND Kit.  And in decals is CZAF machine ! :) Niiiice. 

I asked them on their Facebook page yesterday. It would be great if they would.

3t66bp.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SleeperService said:

True but I'm looking for some that give good, consistent results. I have had several offerings that were variable. I've had good results using the spheres out of water filter cartridges dropped into the recessed rivets on the UH-1. I just need to find a better way of sifting the sizes. Remember we do this for fun.... :D

And you put single sphere like that? Ball by ball??? Maybe quarantine is a good time for that right after the garbage trip dressed as a dinosaur...

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, stakor said:

And you put single sphere like that? Ball by ball??? Maybe quarantine is a good time for that right after the garbage trip dressed as a dinosaur...

You've been watching the local CCTV haven't you?? :D

When I start a model session I always have a straightforward job - rivets, individual link tracks, aircraft stencils that I do to get 'warmed up'. That sets me up for the issues that arise later. The pre-drilled pits make it a reasonable proposition.

In my defence SleeperDad does meticulous restorations of motor cars so I blame him ;)

• Like 1

Sprues

Source: https://vk.com/zvezdamodels?w=wall-29859496_2554357

Друзья и коллеги!
Всем доброго субботнего вечера!
В течении этой недели мы активно изучали ваши комментарии под новостями к нашей новинке - Ми-24 в масштабе 1/48.
Мы понимаем, что концепция модели без клепки и с упрощенной деталировкой кабины придется по душе далеко не всем. Но причина проста - мы запланировали большую линейку модификаций этого вертолета. И клепка на этих модификациях заметно отличается. С целью унификации отливок и удешевления цены модели мы решили не делать её. Аналогично - с объемными панелями приборов в кабине.
Зато мы хотим порадовать вас весьма и весьма гуманной ценой на модель - она составит 1990 рублей!
Именного этого мы и хотели добиться! Недорогая модель, которую с удовольствием соберут начинающие, а профессионалы получат отличную основу для творчества!
Кстати, мы поправили форму остекления кабины, к которой были замечания на наших моделях в 1/72. Кроме этого в модель был внесен ряд других изменений, учитывающих замечания к "младшему брату" в малом масштабе (втулка несущего винта, детали двигателя и тд).
Ну а понять примерный список планируемых модификаций можно взглянув на нашу линейку этих вертолетов в 1/72.
А что бы новость не выглядела пустой стеной текста - мы приготовили для вас несколько фотографий тестовых отливок. Есть еще несколько огрехов, которые скоро будут исправлены. Серия уже не за горами!
Спасибо вам за ваши отзывы, они делают нас лучше!

Googled : 

Friends and colleagues!
Good Saturday evening!
During this week, we actively studied your comments under the news for our new product - the Mi-24 in 1/48 scale.
We understand that not everyone will like the concept of a model without riveting and with simplified cabin detailing. But the reason is simple - we have planned a large line of modifications of this helicopter. And the riveting on these modifications is noticeably different. In order to unify castings and reduce the price of the model, we decided not to do it. Similarly, with volumetric instrument panels in the cab.
But we want to please you with a very, very humane price for the model - it will amount to 1990 rubles!
This is exactly what we wanted to achieve! An inexpensive model that beginners will be happy to collect, and professionals will get an excellent foundation for creativity!
By the way, we corrected the shape of the cabin glazing, to which there were comments on our models in 1/72. In addition, a number of other changes were made to the model, taking into account the comments on the "younger brother" on a small scale (main rotor sleeve, engine parts, etc.).
Well, you can understand the approximate list of planned modifications by looking at our line of these helicopters in 1/72.
And so that the news does not look like an empty wall of text - we have prepared for you several photos of test castings. There are a few more flaws that will be fixed soon. The series is just around the corner!
Thank you for your feedback, they make us better!

ge5-Ge43-Jkh-U.jpg

XHc8v6iu1-Nk.jpg

ELr-RFUYs-Rj8.jpg

l-LNl-Xxd-Sq-LA.jpg

YP5n-WG7nx4-E.jpg

ni-LMKp-LX48.jpg

HYt8bkm-BONo.jpg

Na-k-PY0g-Gw.jpg

V.P.
Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Awesome! So what that I'll be breaking out the riveting wheel or the HGW set it's fantastic news that a new version of this model is out. And yes I really like the sound of Kittyhawk's proposed version but I've yet to see any of their other proposed kits (e.g. Whiskey Cobra) and this is at least a cert. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

Awesome! So what that I'll be breaking out the riveting wheel or the HGW set it's fantastic news that a new version of this model is out. And yes I really like the sound of Kittyhawk's proposed version but I've yet to see any of their other proposed kits (e.g. Whiskey Cobra) and this is at least a cert. 

Kittyhawk is getting better. But with their track record, you have to be reserved as to what it will be like.
I understand Zvezdas explanation if they do multiple versions. Then why no rivets. Also the price will be really nice.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2020 at 8:29 PM, SleeperService said:

Look for solder balls. Available for peanuts down to 0,2 mm dia.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really like this approach!

Just thinking when I last time resorted to a pure plastic kit cockpit anyways.....most time at least some OE or resin upgraded go in there.... would not not see why this habbit could change suddenly!

Rivets? Hmmm not sure what techiques will win here ;)

On 3/22/2020 at 8:38 AM, Kim Snelten said:

As for rivets, maybe HGW Webfarben for the rescue?

Welcome to BM @Kim Snelten !

First I'll admit that I live with a high level of OCD which I am on medication for. I've used HGW before and had mixed results on the overall effect. Some seem much better than others no matter where they're sourced from. However the technology is improving rapidly and I hope the dedicated set referenced above works well. I note that there is one strip missing in the photos provided so it seems the adhesive doesn't work too well on bare plastic - yet.

Very strange decision by Zvezda as this could be (like the Spitfire XIV for Airfix) a very good seller.

EDIT: Upon reflection I can understand why Zvezda have done what they have. If more versions follow so much the better.

So, they basically upscaled the 1/72 without adding some of the extra detail expected in this scale (like rivets or raised cockpit details).

I guess it remains to be seen how much will it cost with aftermarket rivet decals and the cockpit set compared to the competition where those will be included with the kit, I guess (KH and hopefully Anetra eventually).

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

At a price of 1990 Rubles that is less than $25 for the kit at today's conversion rate which is a phenominal deal.  You could buy a lot of rivet wheels for the difference between this and where Kittyhawk will most likely end up at.  Anyway you slice it this is a good deal on a new kit that will should fit well.

• Like 3

Because HIND is one of most popular, favourite and important subject in Czech Republic i excepted a lot of aftermarket sets from czech companies., I´m sure a Eduard make many P.E. and resin (Brassin) sets.... And when was  base price of kit low, you can simply tuning it.... In small scale have Zvezda "Rambo Helicopter" (Early Short nose Hind from Afghanistan), Mi-35M (Not to be confused with import designation of Mi-24V ) with non retractable landing gear, new rotor and avionics, standard Mi-24V (this release)... And when Ed make an Löok (printed dashboard) set i haven´t problem with "flat" cockpit. This is a same case as 1/48 B-17 -. i never build this machine in quarter scale, because current kit was very old....  and inaccurate. (I know, a twenty years ago, make a Mini Hobby (With similar style of artwork when you can see in Trumpeter/HobbyBoss) but is no longer availeable -and Zvezda is more accurate in shape.... So...what is problem ?

Yup, when was Zvezda´s quarter scale Hind for price  around 50-100USD (Euro) i have problem with this. But for price around 25Euro ? (640CZK ?) - No problem... Zvezda have nice kits....

• Like 5