1/48 - Mil Mi-24V/VP/P & Mi-35M "Hind-E/F" by Zvezda - released - Mi-24D "Hind-D" by Eduard - and Mi-24V/-35 in 2023

Homebee

36 minutes ago, 71chally said:

This will be kit of the year for me!

Mine too, James! :yahoo:

I've been intending to build an accurate one ever since that scene in Hitman 47, where that felon's body is pumped full of lead by a hovering Mil Mi-24 (or was it a Mil Mi-35 in the film?).

Yeh, me has...

Cheers,

Unc2

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Harold55 said:

I just finished their Su-2 and the fit was fantastic so I have to say I would chose them hands down just based on that experience alone - but the cool box art sure helps!

Their 72nd Hinds are exquisite, I will be amazed if this is anything less. 

• Like 1

CZAF Alien Hind was one of best looking helo... but today nobody released decals for this particular machine.... i read a make of this marking was too difficult as decals.... But it is my modellers dream... So, i still hope.

I was curious when Zvezda released quarter scale Hind :)

• 3 weeks later...

When they say ‘spring release’ do they mean a built in mechanism or the time of year the kit is launched? And if the latter, are we using the ‘it’s actually in the factory, test shots are being refined and even the boxes are being printed in preparation’ for an actual - calendar spring release (i.e. March-June) or, say, an AMK Tomcat spring release (sometime in the next few years - month TBD) 😎😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

When they say ‘spring release’ do they mean a built in mechanism or the time of year the kit is launched?

Perhaps it'll come with a special weapons release mechanism to fire scale rockets at the cat? :pray:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

When they say ‘spring release’ do they mean a built in mechanism or the time of year the kit is launched? And if the latter, are we using the ‘it’s actually in the factory, test shots are being refined and even the boxes are being printed in preparation’ for an actual - calendar spring release (i.e. March-June) or, say, an AMK Tomcat spring release (sometime in the next few years - month TBD) 😎😜

As it is Zwezda and not somebody else, I expect you to stsrt xout build by may, here on BM as  WIP! ;)

• Like 1

I don't know much about the Mi-24, at first it appears to me that the front canopy is not shaped bulgy/blown enough in Zvezda's renders, when I looked at more photos, it seems to me that may be 2 types of the bubble canopies on the real thing, blown and not blown??? Here is what I mean, blown:

spacer.png

Not blown:

spacer.png

Doesn't seem to be blown:

nb2.png

Certainly blown too:

b2.png

Any Hind expert knows about it? On almost all pictures I saw it appears to be blown though. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this kit, hopefully it sells well so that Zvezda will bring out more of their attack helicopters!

Edited by delide
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:analintruder: I just began shouting out of my window!

It's the blown front canopy for @delide

Yeh, it is...

Cheers,

Unc2

Really??

I was not sure what I want, but yes, the more photos I looked at, the more photos show it to be a blown shape. Like the renders, their previous 1/72 kit looks to be on the flat side too:

spacer.png

But anyway, it will be the best kit of the Hind, hopefully those with completely flat canopies will follow soon 😉  I want flat canopies too!!

• Like 1

I like the blown front canopy the most, but I'm so delighted about finally having a 1/48th scale Mil Mi-24 that leans OOB without the extra surgery that I wouldn't care if it was the flat front canopy coming first. 

Yeh, me is...

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

I like the blown front canopy the most, but I'm so delighted about finally having a 1/48th scale Mil Mi-24 that leans OOB without the extra surgery that I wouldn't care if it was the flat front canopy coming first. 

Yeh, me is...

Cheers,

Unc2

Very wise words Sir! A very good MiG-25 and now this. Let the good times roll.

This should do aftermarket decal manufacturers a power of good. I hope @kotey and @Diego are on the case already.

• Like 1