1/48 - Sukhoi Su-57 "Felon" by Zvezda - released

Homebee

As long as it's one and a half times bigger than the delightful 1/72 version it should be spectacular.

My diddy Zvezda version arrived last week and, even if 1/72 isn't your thing, it's worth getting as a taster of bigger things to come.

Tony 

Edited by tony.t
clarification of intention

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Super! ^_^ Hopefully it'll be the sort-of in-sort-of-service airframe too :yes:

Hmmm that is to be hoped. But hard to assure.... there are some 10 flying. All somehow different... what will further change.... who knows? When is the next plane to be rolley out actually?

24 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Hmmm that is to be hoped. But hard to assure.... there are some 10 flying. All somehow different... what will further change.... who knows? When is the next plane to be rolley out actually?

I'm sure I read that the 57 will never see true service as they just don't need it, and it has kind of taken on the mantle of flyable test platform for what's next. I might have dreamed all that of course. :hypnotised:

6 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm sure I read that the 57 will never see true service as they just don't need it, and it has kind of taken on the mantle of flyable test platform for what's next. I might have dreamed all that of course. :hypnotised:

TASS reported the end of July this year that Sukhoi was putting the Su-57 into serial production tis year.  They have also talked about selling it to Turkey as they are now out of the F-35 deal (here is a link to Erdogan inspecting the plane).  

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2019-08-29/maks-2019-turkish-president-erdogan-inspects-su-57-considers-alternatives-f-35.

I think they will get other customers and we may also see India get renewed interest in the aircraft if they could license produce it. They backed out of it a number of years back but never say never.

Looks that way.

Must profess I prefer the more swirly or shard prototype paint patterns so would be highly receptive to a kit that offers earlier as well as the all-up early batch production configurations. 

The competing Kitty Hawk almost certainly will come with optional at-rest drooping jet cans but the Zvezda is likely to outclass it in every other department. 

Could really use a spot-the-difference walk-around book on the Su-57, to facilitate modelling the prototypes. 

Tony 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, drake122 said:

What does "Frazor" mean? Isn't the NATO code name "Felon" for it?

Thanks Drake.

You're right, the first Nato code was "Frazor" now changed into "Felon" 

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This article appeared in Pravda talking about potential export customers for the Su-57.  I would say it is a bit optimistic but it is quite a nice list of potential schemes and some very interesting ones too, such as an Argentine Su-57.

https://www.pravdareport.com/russia/114900-sukhoi/

I think this might be the first official export customer for the Su-57, Algeria, which is confirmed by an Algerian site (referenced in the article).  Interesting is that they are also to take delivery of Su-34's (not 100% sure if this would be a first also).

https://southfront.org/algeria-to-become-first-foreign-country-to-receive-russias-su-57-fighter-jet-report/