New Arma Hobby release: 1/72 Hurricane IIc!

Procopius

"We will announce the next plastic kit from Arma Hobby in October. It is an entirely new mould kit that will hopefully be available before Christmas."

-- Arma Hobby email newsletter. 

I believe this is the kit of a 1939-era Polish subject. 

Announcement: http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2019/10/31/hurricane-mk-iic-1-72-scale-kit-announcement/?utm_source=implebot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=hurricane2c&utm_term=hurricane2c-zapowiedz&utm_content=en

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Now, now - don't distract them. The Yak-1b still needs to be released into the wild before they do anything else.

All of Arma's products up to now have had a clear Polish connection (thank you, Captain Obvious). Seems unlikely, but maybe, just maybe, the October announcement will be a P-51B/C, for the Polish pilots who flew them with the RAF. A new Mustang at Arma's level of detail and quality would be welcomed by a lot of people!

John

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, John Thompson said:

Now, now - don't distract them. The Yak-1b still needs to be released into the wild before they do anything else.

All of Arma's products up to now have had a clear Polish connection (thank you, Captain Obvious). Seems unlikely, but maybe, just maybe, the October announcement will be a P-51B/C, for the Polish pilots who flew them with the RAF. A new Mustang at Arma's level of detail and quality would be welcomed by a lot of people!

John

The p-51b/c is an open goal - we just need a top producer to tap the ball in .  It is prolly the most wished model here on rumourmonger . Fingers crossed. 

• Like 8

23 hours ago, John Thompson said:

John

Earlier they specifically said their second release would be from the September Campaign in 1939, so I think we can safely rule out a P-51 this time (sadly).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Earlier they specifically said their second release would be from the September Campaign in 1939, so I think we can safely rule out a P-51 this time (sadly).

😁

Oh no, You &

Arma Hobby break my hurt, because we also can safely rule out:

1.PZL M-7 STM:

h-5929.jpg

h-5928.jpg

2.PZL M-16:

h-5927.jpg

3.FM-13 Delta:

h-5926.jpg

4.TS-16(TS-13) "Grot":

preview_ts-16-grot_src_1.jpg

none of this will be?

😣😣

Why such an injustice?

😁😁😁

Resource:

http://www.samolotypolskie.pl/

B.R.

Serge

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The Zubr is not for the faint of heart. It looks like a bomber that was considered too ugly and angular even by the French. However, I've always had a peculiar liking for the misshapen beast. I would well and truly love to see one kitted in IM plastic someday. If not Arma Hobby, with their Polish proclivities, then whom? (Of course many would say, after seeing the Zubr, the proper question is 'Why?'.)

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Procopius said:

So  a PZL 23 or Lublin R-XVI then! Or maybe a PZL 37?

Edited by VMA131Marine

To give due credit whoever named the LWS-6 a Zubr was correct 'cause it certainly looks like one.

What other options can they cover? Am I correct in thinking the PZL-11 is already in their range? Perhaps a PZL-23 or a PWS-10, the latter was the Polish fighter design to enter service, maybe the RWD-8 to get a civilian and military users boxing from?

Edited by Col.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Procopius said:

No Mustang ? but why ? I am sure it will sell very well worldwide  ..

Patrice

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I am sure it will sell very well worldwide  ..

...as and other over 10500 Mustang from other manufacturers! 

😁😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

The world wasn't exactly desperately short of Hurricanes either, but by choosing a version not currently well made Arma managed to sell rather well (or so I believe).  There's certainly a considerable groundswell amongst certain modellers for a P-51B (not just any old P-51) on the same grounds, but if Arma do have their doubts I don't blame them.  I must admit having some question as to which type of the Polish campaign will sell particularly well, but good luck to them anyway.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Col. said:

What other options can they cover? Am I correct in thinking the PZL-11 is already in their range? Perhaps a PZL-23 or a PWS-10, the latter was the Polish fighter design to enter service, maybe the RWD-8 to get a civilian and military users boxing from?

They've done the PZL P.11c and P.7. I suspect not a PZL 23 or 37, as IBG has produced those already. I personally hope for a PWS-10, because I think it's gorgeous. IBG did an RWD-8 already, but it needs a resin replacement wing and cowl to correct some fairly serious shape errors, and they don't produce a boxing with Polish Air Force markings, so I'd welcome that as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

The world wasn't exactly desperately short of Hurricanes either, but by choosing a version not currently well made Arma managed to sell rather well (or so I believe).  There's certainly a considerable groundswell amongst certain modellers for a P-51B (not just any old P-51) on the same grounds, but if Arma do have their doubts I don't blame them.  I must admit having some question as to which type of the Polish campaign will sell particularly well, but good luck to them anyway.

My guess is they try and produce one home audience-targeted kit and one with broad appeal every year. So this year, the Yak-1b is their broad appeal aircraft (France, Poland, Russia, used heavily in WWII, etc), and whatever their 1939 kit is will be their home audience kit. Sort of like last year with the Fokker E.V and the Hurricane. My hope/gut feeling is that we may see a Mustang III from them as one of next year's releases: it's a complicated aircraft, and nobody's managed to get it right so far, so I'd expect it would demand a lot of research. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Kobuz!  P-50B! P-62!  Mis! … Go Poland '46....  

Sorry, must have had too much coffee.  I shall go lie down for a while.  or at least feed the cat, to stop him staring down at me balefully.

You mean Poland '40 as these types would be obsolete by '46 😁

Whatever they do I hope will be better than P-11s recently released by them and IBG. Their wings are truly horrible. So I also hope for PWS-10 while Czapla would be welcome too.

Edited by MarkoZG
  • Like 1

Yes, in one sense strictly 1940, although the P.62 and Mis were unlikely to be ready then.  But the term "Luftwaffe '46" exists as a meme and the unreality of it is generally recognised.  The term "Poland '46" is thus immediately recognised whereas "Poland '40" wouldn't be.  People would have to stop and think about it first.

A Breguet 19? Poland used them between wars in serious numbers and few were still present in 1939 . 

Since they are not doing yet biplanes maybe more possible is RWD 9 or rather RWD 13? Company name is Arma Hobby, so all civil RWD-9 is less possible perhaps.

There are basic kits of RWD 14 and Lublin R XIII which were important army co-operation machines in Sept 39 campaign, new one would be welcomed. Few prototypes/first production of LWS Mewa were also used but only resin (Ardpol) or vacu (Broplan) exists.

MAYBE BATTLE? - this would be most welcomed and PAF in RAF started with this type and Hurricane - so there will be some logic in such politics!

Regards

J-W

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Procopius said:

They've done the PZL P.11c and P.7. I suspect not a PZL 23 or 37, as IBG has produced those already. I personally hope for a PWS-10, because I think it's gorgeous. IBG did an RWD-8 already, but it needs a resin replacement wing and cowl to correct some fairly serious shape errors, and they don't produce a boxing with Polish Air Force markings, so I'd welcome that as well.

While the genere is not my usual area of interest I can see considerable merit in the PWS-10 as a subject. How well it will sell, however, is not something I can guess at.

5 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Have to admit that while I've a few Hurricane kits in the stash already I was tempted to add the Arma kit on the basis as it reads like a genuine improvement over existing kits. If they go with a P-51B and it comes to the same quality I'd like to think it'll sell well for them.

If the Polish connection is a running theme with Arma's subjects I'm wondering what other 'bankers' of popular subjects they can potentially go with in the future. A Mosquito perhaps? A Spitfire of various marks I suppose. Yak1 & 9? Ilyushin IL-2? Into the jet age with the Yak-23? I'm praying for a MiG-19 :lol: 

• Like 2

A new-mould MiG-19 to the quality of their Hurricane - now that's one I would buy in a second. A Battle would also be welcome. And of course an Il-2 - as far as I'm concerned you can't have too many Il-2 kits. I believe they're already doing a Yak-1B; a Yak-9 would also be most welcome.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

Dare say I've treated myself to their TS-11 Iskra kit based on the quality and that Hurricane keeps tempting me for the same reason so a MiG-19 would in my opinion be a thing of beauty. Poland only operated a handful of them but what other competition is there in the kit market :pray: 

Anyway, with apologies to @Procopiusfor derailing his thread, whatever their forthcoming 1939 subject is I only hope it is of the same quality as their current work.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JWM said:

A Breguet 19? Poland used them between wars in serious numbers and few were still present in 1939 . 

Since they are not doing yet biplanes maybe more possible is RWD 9 or rather RWD 13? Company name is Arma Hobby, so all civil RWD-9 is less possible perhaps.

There are basic kits of RWD 14 and Lublin R XIII which were important army co-operation machines in Sept 39 campaign, new one would be welcomed. Few prototypes/first production of LWS Mewa were also used but only resin (Ardpol) or vacu (Broplan) exists.

MAYBE BATTLE? - this would be most welcomed and PAF in RAF started with this type and Hurricane - so there will be some logic in such politics!

Regards

J-W

I think you hits the bullseye with lublin r XIII . I certainly recall either Arma or IBG saying they will tool this type about an year back . Now I cannot recall which one of them said(I suspect IBG but not sure) that but I hope one of them delivers it - it is an attractive airplane.

Edited by Basuroy