New Arma Hobby release: 1/72 Hurricane IIc!

Procopius

1 hour ago, Troy Smith said:

the 87 Sq planes were overall night, and the painted into the Night Intruder scheme,  

please note that the Ducimus guide states that the uppers were Dark Green and Medium Sea Grey ,  which was the intruder scheme, see last paragraph and images from the that below, 

Thank you Troy for clarification! We believed in description in book "Polish Fighter Colours" it was Ocean Grey or Mixed Grey. But something did not match with photos. Yesterday we were talking with Marcin, who designed kit and is building LK-A at now. He told that it look more like Sea Grey Medium. Your comment made it clear.

But I think the shade is slighly darker? Mixed? Code letters LK-A; wich I belive are Sea Grey Medium are visible lighter shade. ???

lk-a.jpg

Edited by Wojtek Bulhak
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Wojtek Bulhak said:

Thank you Troy for clarification! We believed in description in book "Polish Fighter Colours" it was Ocean Grey or Mixed Grey. But something did not match with photos. Yesterday we were talking with Marcin, who designed kit and is building LK-A at now. He told that it look more like Sea Grey Medium. Your comment made it clear.

But I think the shade is slighly darker? Mixed? Code letters LK-A; wich I belive are Sea Grey Medium are visible lighter shade. ???

They could be Sky (which would be correct for that period on a camouflaged surface) - certainly some of the pictures on the previous page look like freshly painted Sky

Just to add, the Intruder scheme as introduced on 8/10/42 in the update to AMO664/42 is quoted as  "Upper Surface Day Fighter Scheme" i.e. Ocean Grey and Dark Green however this is amended to Dark Green and Sea Grey Medium on 24/12/42

And 'mixed grey' gives a lot of lattitude anyway!

Edited by Dave Fleming

Re - my own opinions.

There's no point in rising a storm in a glass of "decal solvent" 🙂

@ zegeye  - no, I'm not the same person, however, I share his opinion.

Why do I care about modeling scene in Poland? Well, I do mail order fair bit of stuff.

You know, Australia is on the end of the World, and most of that "little whatsies" does not appear here.

As for Polish businesses doing polish related stuff. Why I have to buy "Polish Tyres" for 1:35 BRDM in Canada?

Who is making PROPER wheels for polish 2S1 Gozdika?  I guess, you don't know, what I'm talking about.

Have a nice time !

Zig

16 hours ago, zigster said:

Re - my own opinions.

There's no point in rising a storm in a glass of "decal solvent" 🙂

I agree.

@ zegeye  - no, I'm not the same person, however, I share his opinion.

My apologies.

Why do I care about modeling scene in Poland? Well, I do mail order fair bit of stuff.

You know, Australia is on the end of the World, and most of that "little whatsies" does not appear here.

As for Polish businesses doing polish related stuff. Why I have to buy "Polish Tyres" for 1:35 BRDM in Canada?

I do not know why you are buying polish tyres for BRDM in Canada, but think it is cheaper for transport? From Warsaw to Sydney is more than 15 000 km.

And from Canada about 13 000. Of course you can buy in Poland if you wish. For eg. here:

http://www.sklepy24.pl/sklep/jadarhobby_pl/produkt/skp-model-093-kola-do-brdm-btr-wczesny-1-35-/20959. This and other stuff is made by polish company ARMO.

Who is making PROPER wheels for polish 2S1 Gozdika?  I guess, you don't know, what I'm talking about.

Have a nice time !

Zig

I don't know who is making this wheels, but I'm Japanese airplane enthusiast and have only small primary knowledge about armor wehicles.

1 hour ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

That's one nice looking kit. I'm going to have to have a couple of them at least. Is it possible to have the canopy in the open position without surgery?

Steve

Just now, fightersweep said:

That's one nice looking kit. I'm going to have to have a couple of them at least. Is it possible to have the canopy in the open position without surgery?

Steve

I believe so, it looks like the kit contains two of the sliding sections of the canopy and I think one is for the open position and one closed :) 

Cheers,

Stew

1 minute ago, Stew Dapple said:

I believe so, it looks like the kit contains two of the sliding sections of the canopy and I think one is for the open position and one closed :) 

Magic! Thanks Stew. That's sold the kit for me then 🙂

Steve

One thing I noticed is the kit has the cockpit vents at the bottom rear corner of the panels underneath the cockpit opening. These don’t seem to appear on all Hurricane IIs. In particular, BE500 LKoA does not seem to have them in contemporary pictures. Removing them, if necessary, should be easy enough.

5 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

One thing I noticed is the kit has the cockpit vents at the bottom rear corner of the panels underneath the cockpit opening. These don’t seem to appear on all Hurricane IIs.

They are tropical vents, but became standard fit on all Hurricanes at some point.

5 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

In particular, BE500 LKoA does not seem to have them in contemporary pictures. Removing them, if necessary, should be easy enough.

Indeed. easier to remove than add., they are vents, so can be opened out if you wish...

shown here

terryprendergasthurricaneburma.jpg

HTH

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Is it possible to have the canopy in the open position without surgery?

yes, and they have moulded the way the canopy changes shape when opened, it runs on curved rails and flexes.

EDIT

see here for details of this

(look at the sprue shots) 

The open canopy is a bit thick,. but that's the limits of the moulding, a vac one would probably look better.

Edited by Troy Smith

Re: sliding canopy.
I just wonder, why no-one included a P/E framework with a bit of a clear film, to solve that ongoing problem in Hurricane kits?
This is, after all, a very simple shape on this plane. All flat, with a curved top. No comparison, to P-51 D or FW canopies.
Hint for aftermarket guys :-)
Z

@zegeye - your link is showing typical, Russian pattern, plenty of those around.
I was talking about Stomil, like in this pic:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/147218913@N04/23985870488/in/album-72157686416920732/
And 2S1 wheels: https://www.flickr.com/photos/147218913@N04/37096157266/in/album-72157688530083776/
compared to typical: https://www.flickr.com/photos/147218913@N04/37145254131/in/album-72157689191808175/

Mike!
If I'm polluting this thread, just press "DELETE". Some of those links can be useful for "tank guys".

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

This arrived on Wednesday but this is the first chance I've had to get a good look.

Some pics. 

SWb83VI.jpg

i3ABhZO.jpg

kbtqp2s.jpg

ufuE1Gb.jpg

W0fsHbg.jpg

niTD3CE.jpg

IkIs0kc.jpg

3PV7q8X.jpg

r7dfpSQ.jpg

p1rpCse.jpg

o9gEwJx.jpg

Apologies for the poor photos but i'm running about stupid at the moment as a taxi service for degenerate freeloaders.

If I wasn't supposed to post these then if the mods can delete the post and I apologise profusely.

Cheers,

Alistair

Edited by AliGauld
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

Apologies for the poor photos but i'm running about stupid at the moment as a taxi service for degenerate freeloaders.

Ah, you're a parent too?

• Haha 5

Looks very nice and I have one pre ordered from my 'local' Model shop. Fortunately we are  now past the taxi and 'can I borrow the car dad/mum' as they have work that requires them to be self sufficiently mobile. 

• Thanks 1

My NSLMS's (Not-So-LMS's although everything is relative) still either don't have these - and the older Mk.1 ones -  in catalogue or on backorder.
I'm inclined to order direct as up to now experiences doing so from mfg's are pretty solid.

11 hours ago, alt-92 said:

I'm inclined to order direct as up to now experiences doing so from mfg's are pretty solid.

My experience of buying direct from Arma Hobby has been 100% positive (on four separate occasions) and I've not heard anyone saying anything different, I believe you can order with confidence :) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Soon two new boxings

- ref. 70036 - Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc 

Sources: 

http://www.armahobby.pl/70036-hurricane-mk-iic-model-kit.html

http://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/hurricane-mk-iic-model-kit-1-72-21011/

arho70036.jpg

- ref. 70037 - Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc Trop model

Source: http://www.armahobby.pl/70037-hurricane-mk-iic-trop-model-kit.html

big-70037-web-ok.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Picked the first IIC release up yesterday, it is a very nice kit and looks by far the best IIC kit. The only problem is that a bit of the radiator is missing, oddly enough the part looks as if it has snapped off at the main runner as just two scars as distinct from the attachment stubs being left. Made use of Arma's customer service page and got a very prompt acknowledgement and so hopefully it will be sorted

• Like 3