New Arma Hobby release: 1/72 Hurricane IIc!

Procopius

10 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Basically yes, but work from photos of the time.  Changes may have included the armament, the tyres and the prop.

Possibly also the exhausts, pictures of BBMF Hurricane IIs show some with individual stacks for each port rather than the typical twinned stacks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

Having seen the Mk1 in the box I really fancy owning one of these. 

I hope someone can answer this question (and excuse me for being such an utter Hurrinoob): but if I'd wanted to build LF363 in BBMF service in the 1980s - would a standard MkIIc as in the Arma kit suffice?

Thanks, Jay

Yes,... the basic airframe is still Mk.IIc,......... for the 80`s you`ll need 6 stub exhausts and to cut the cannons off,...... check whether it had the bulged panels over the gun bays too,...... all pretty easy to sort out.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sigh. 

I thought I had all the Hurricanes I’d need with their tin wing release. Now I must reassess my prior investments in Hasegawa and AZ. 

as for a Sea Hurricane...I’ll gladly throw money at Arma if they release those. 

Tim

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Greenshirt said:

Sigh. 

I thought I had all the Hurricanes I’d need with their tin wing release. Now I must reassess my prior investments in Hasegawa and AZ. 

as for a Sea Hurricane...I’ll gladly throw money at Arma if they release those. 

Tim

Its already out. 

Released - ref. 70022 - Hawker Hurricane Mk.I Navy colours 

http://www.armahobby.pl/70022-hurricane-mk-i-navy-colours-model-kit.html?utm_term=20190720

Dennis

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its already out. 

Released - ref. 70022 - Hawker Hurricane Mk.I Navy colours 

http://www.armahobby.pl/70022-hurricane-mk-i-navy-colours-model-kit.html?utm_term=20190720

Dennis

True enough but to be fair I’m looking for the hooked Hurricane with the catapult spools. 

Tim

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yowzah! Saw this the other day and couldn't believe my eyes! Also couldn't believe I didn't see it first there on BM! I don't know about you guys and gals, but  I can't wait to get my hands on at least three of these puppies when they are released! (My dream of doing one of the two Mk V's is finally coming true!) Fingers crossed that they also come with external tanks!

Mike

http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2019/10/31/hurricane-mk-iic-1-72-scale-kit-announcement/

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling

Unfortunately it seems not to have got its own thread - all the Arma Hurricane discussion regardless of mark is here, with first mention of the Mk II on page 16, approximately. I can relate to all the jubilation; I felt similarly light-headed when Arma's Yak-1B appeared. I had to be institutionalized for a week after I actually received the product:

Perhaps a moderator will be along to sort things out...

John

Edited by John Thompson

2 hours ago, John Thompson said:

I felt similarly light-headed when Arma's Yak-1B appeared. I had to be institutionalized for a week after I actually received the product:

Tell me about it, John! I had almost the same lightheaded feeling  when I opened mine- been waiting a long time for a decent kit of my favorite WW2 Yak fighter! Maybe in the future, Arma will grace us with a state of the art Yak-9 and Lagg-3 as well!

Mike

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 8:09 PM, VMA131Marine said:

Possibly also the exhausts, pictures of BBMF Hurricane IIs show some with individual stacks for each port rather than the typical twinned stacks.

Eeh.. any post-WW2 restoration subject is bound to be fraught with temporal changes. 

That said, I was actually searching for a  1/72 Mk.II in order to do G-AMAU pre-racing specs (Lifelike decal set) so this release comes as a nice surprise.

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Maybe in the future, Arma will grace us with a state of the art Yak-9 and Lagg-3 as well!

Mike

That would be good; might as well throw in I-16 types 5, 10, and 17, and a MiG-3 that's not a snap-together. While the latest kits from Brengun and Arma Hobby are very welcome, the kit industry still has a lot of catching up to do when it comes to GPW VVS fighters. But good on Arma for their efforts on the Hurricane - watch yourselves, Eduard and Tamiya!!!

John

• Haha 1

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/2776020342428305

Hurricane Mk IIc from Arma Hobby is on test shots now! Hopefully we would start dispatching preorders within two weeks… or less. Meantime see #armastory article with some interesting colour schemes included in Expert Set kit and photos of original aeroplane: http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2019/11/08/hurricane-mk-iic-a-jack-of-all-trades

76609925-2776017105761962-52340667056337 76656138-2776017085761964-56108929241380

76996301-2776017779095228-53292873503568

V.P.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wojtek Bulhak said:

I am so excited waiting for H2C test shots today afternoon! Hopefully it will go as well as Yak-1b and kit shipping starts shortly!

What colour scheme would you like for first built? Please share.

My current plan is to do one as Kuttelwascher's night fighter from 1st sqn and then one in regular day fighter scheme.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the test shots!

Thank you Wojtek,

Jan

1 hour ago, Wojtek Bulhak said:

What colour scheme would you like for first built? Please share.

I have a whole sheet of Xtradecal Hurricane IIc markings to use for my four. Probably a mix of desert aircraft, SEAC Hurris, and a home service example.

2 minutes ago, occa said:

Very very nice !!!

I just don't know why LK-A is always obediently depicted with a red spinner when the color foto clearly shows it's yellow

Hurricane_IIC_87_Sqn_RAF_in_flight_1942.

• Like 3

Test shots! http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2019/11/22/test-shots-of-the-hurricane-mk-iic/?utm_source=implebot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=hurricane2c&utm_term=H2C-testshots-1&utm_content=en

"Moulds have to be retooled slightly. Some parts are not yet well cast and bubble fairings for cannon loading drums are missing on the wings. They will be added in following days and model release will be delayed a few days."

1hurr06.jpg

1hurr05.jpg

1hurr07.jpg

1hurr08.jpg

1hurr09.jpg

1hurr10.jpg

1hurr11.jpg

1hurr03.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1