New Arma Hobby release: 1/72 Hurricane IIc!

Procopius

4 hours ago, Learstang said:

And of course an Il-2 - as far as I'm concerned you can't have too many Il-2 kits.

To paraphrase the famous Stalin telegram about IL-2,

852_original.png

https://koalason.livejournal.com/991.html

You need to send a similar one to Arma Hobby:

“You failed our modeller's and the Britmodeller.  You have not deigned to still produce model IL-2.  Our Britmodeller needs IL-2 models  now as air, as Tamiya  gives one IL-2 a day, and Trumpeter  gives MiG-3 one, two each.  This is a mockery of the

modeller's, the Britmodeller.  We need not MiGs, but IL-2.  If the 

Arma Hobby plant thinks to get rid of the modeller's, giving one Il-2 a day, then it is cruelly mistaken and will incur punishment for it.  I ask you not to take the modeller's out of patience and demand that IL's release more.  I warn you one last time. ”

maybe this will help?

😉😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

maybe this will help?

😉😁

B.R.

Serge

Well, it would certainly persuade me, but I'm not a kit manufacturer - most of them have pretty thick skins...

John

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Col. said:

If the Polish connection is a running theme with Arma's subjects I'm wondering what other 'bankers' of popular subjects they can potentially go with in the future. A Mosquito perhaps? A Spitfire of various marks I suppose. Yak1 & 9? Ilyushin IL-2? Into the jet age with the Yak-23? I'm praying for a MiG-19 :lol: 

Polish pilots were flying on almost everything with wings and made by allies during WWII, so scope is quite wide here. Personally I guess time is coming slowly for some French planes, Morane-Saulnier MS-406C.1 or Caudron CR.714, plane so bad, that only Poles were crazy enough to fight in it.

For the closest kit, I bet on RWD-14 Czapla, but I hope for RWD-13.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aardvark said:

o paraphrase the famous Stalin telegram about IL-2,

852_original.png

Nice joke on kit,, however this telegram is terrible, it is simple: if you will not produce more IL2 you will be executed... Brrrr...And it was not a joke...

J-W

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

however this telegram is terrible, it is simple: if you will not produce more IL2 you will be executed... Brrrr...And it was not a joke...

J-W

It’s not worth attributing what is not in this telegram! 😉 I gave a link to the whole story,

3 hours ago, Aardvark said:

yes it is in Russian, but something tells me that you can read in Russian without resorting to Google translator.😉

Or me need translate from Russian whole article on link?

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

About Morduh (Matvey) Borisovich Shenkman to whom the telegram was addressed.

http://cyclowiki.org/wiki/Матвей_Борисович_Шенкман

On May 23, 1942, Shankman died in a plane crash.

I very much doubt that Stalin organized this plane crash , because planes have an unpleasant feature of down and crashes, the story of Glenn Miller confirms this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Miller

(But of course you may believe in conspiracy theory  Russian Wikipedia: 

https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Миллер,_Гленн

that Yuri Andropov

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Andropov

Yuri_Andropov_-_Soviet_Life,_August_1983

was

1024px-Glenn_Miller_Billboard.jpg

Glen Miller!)

😁😁😁

In addition, there was a war, so do not rule out saboteurs of the 3rd reich in the case of a Shankman

plane crash.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

that Yuri Andropov

was

Glen Miller!

It all makes sense now.

16 minutes ago, spaddad said:

Could be German.

That would be an interesting twist. My impression is that it will be a Polish subject, but certainly an Arma Bf109E-1 to the same quality as their Hurricane would sell like hotcakes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Procopius said:

It all makes sense now.

That would be an interesting twist. My impression is that it will be a Polish subject, but certainly an Arma Bf109E-1 to the same quality as their Hurricane would sell like hotcakes.

But I can hear the groans now: "Not ANOTHER 109!"

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gioca said:

It's the Hawk 75. First box dedicated to polish pilots in the Battle of France. Several other boxes will follow. ( finnish, RAF , NorvegianAF, Dutch, etc ...).

You know this or you're just blowing smoke?

6 hours ago, gioca said:

It's the Hawk 75. First box dedicated to polish pilots in the Battle of France. Several other boxes will follow. ( finnish, RAF , NorvegianAF, Dutch, etc ...).

I guess that's a guess, but I have checked wiki and it have also September 1939 connection.

On September 20, Sergeant André-Armand Legrand, pilot of the H75A-1 n°1 in the Groupe de Chasse II/5 La Fayette was credited of the first Allied air victory of World War II on the Western front with shooting down a Messerschmitt Bf 109E of the Luftwaffe 3/JG 53, over Überherrn.

Anyway, I doubt many boxes will follow, because Arma Hobby do not make multiple variants.

46 minutes ago, Botan said:

Anyway, I doubt many boxes will follow, because Arma Hobby do not make multiple variants.

There's been several boxings of the Hurricane and TS-11 so you may see plenty different colourschemes for your Hawk 75 :) 

30 minutes ago, Col. said:

There's been several boxings of the Hurricane and TS-11 so you may see plenty different colourschemes for your Hawk 75 :) 

Mostly with different colours schemes, not a different aircraft variants. Different Hawks had different engines, cowling, armament and so on.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Botan said:

Mostly with different colours schemes, not a different aircraft variants. Different Hawks had different engines, cowling, armament and so on.  

That may be a bit restrictive on reboxings then. If true I hope it sells well regardless or it WILL be Spitfire, Mustang, Bf109 or Fw190 next time.

As I said already: FAIREY BATTLE !

Squadron 302 an 303 started with Hurricanes, whereas 300 and 301 with Battles. This will be a world wide bestseller - OK, mostly in UK and Commowelths...

Regards

J-W

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JWM said:

As I said already: FAIREY BATTLE !

Squadron 302 an 303 started with Hurricanes, whereas 300 and 301 with Battles. This will be a world wide bestseller - OK, mostly in UK and Commowelths...

Regards

J-W

I'd certainly be up for a Battle. The MPM one just didn't cut it for me; overengineered and the fit was pretty bad. 

2 hours ago, caughtinthemiddle said:

Plus it's risky given that Eduard are going to deal with this subject in 1/48...and later probably in 1/72 as well.

Eduard will be on the market with the 1/48scale kit after 2021/22, a kit  in 1/72 from Eduard is simply a bet at the moment and if a winning bet it will be on shelves not before 2024 or 2025.