Bandai's mighty Millennium Falcon - DONE

So even though the workbench here at HQ is backing up with Group Builds, I've decided to throw my hat in with Bandai's mighty :worthy:Millennium Falcon - someone had to, right??!!! 

How excited to see the postie finally delivering this one.....I really can't wait to get stuck in.

48074224458_87fc2812d7_b.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_1 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Wait...……..wha??????? 

48074224178_13e75e5de7_b.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_2 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Why of course, it's the mighty small Bandai Millennium Falcon 🤣 - I'm still saving the cents and raiding the children's future college funds to save up for the Perfect Grade edition.

48074178071_a7c3884857_b.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_3 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

That's a regular-sized paint pot with it, not a five-litre tub!

As the Captain himself says, she may not look like much kid, but she's got it where it counts.. 😎

Cheers and enjoy your builds.

Dermot

Edited by Dermo245
Completed!
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

A tiny falcon is still the falcon,every time i go into the lms i stare at the bandai perfect grade 72nd ,nearly £300 ....i reckon by christmas i will have convinced myself to buy it if its still there....

Btw i have the hasbro 1/48  giant got it for £30 , that I've  already started and added led's and a scratch built cockpit and  gun port ,gotta love the Falcon.

I'm still in

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 3

I'm constantly amazed how they pack so much detail into these little vehicle sized kits, and looking inside the box of the new 1:5000 SD, the detail there is mind-boggling too :wacko:

Good work on making that box look a lot bigger than it eventually was ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So finally something to show on this one. How embarrassing is this...smallest kit, fewest parts and still not done!

Black primer..

49386236633_c0c712cd8e_o.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_4 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

And then tried my best to keep some of that black showing through the top coat of white & tan mix (about 60/40). It's a bit washed out in the photo but trust me I think it's there!

49386236618_a62617ec78_o.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_5 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Will give it a final light mist coat and then begin putting it all together!

Thanks for looking.

Dermot

• Like 5

"She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts...."

Bit more done on the Falcon with both halves joined up, the cockpit and docking rings added.

49398997231_84c09603be_o.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_6s by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

And then picked out some random panels in Grey, Tan and Red.

49398521503_ec63a43a41_o.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_7s by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Next step will be a light coat of the base colour to knock back some of the panels which are too bright.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Dermot

• Like 2

And with that, she's done. Had to repaint some of the panels as the dust coat was a bit too heavy 🙄

Also, the wash underneath didn't really work out - think the Future wasn't fully cured....

49409196266_ea85a36763_b.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_015_Done.6 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

49409197116_20db5b27f8_b.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_015_Done.5 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

49408725308_466e896cc3_b.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_1_015_Done.4 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

But despite all that, I love the detail and can't wait to build the 1/144 version soon. Will post some more pics in the Gallery and thanks to @Corsairfoxfouruncle @whitestar12chris and @SleeperService for co-hosting.

Until the next time, happy modelling.

Cheers,

Dermot

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

But despite all that, I love the detail and can't wait to build the 1/144 version soon. Will post some more pics in the Gallery and thanks to @Corsairfoxfouruncle @whitestar12chris and @SleeperService for co-hosting.

I've been a chocolate fireguard I'm afraid. Personal then computer issues have occupied the last several weeks. I hope that things will improve every time, possibly they may....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2