F15C Ejector seat

Rodders

11 hours ago, Rodders said:

Hi All,

Could i just ask about the F15C ejector seat. Is the C seat black like the E or grey. I've seen pictures of both colours but don't know if they apply to different marks.

Can anyone help,

thanks,

Rodders.

The ACES II   seems to be either black or grey on F-15's, with most of them being black with a  green seat back cushion  and a sage green seat cushion/survival pack. None of the photos I saw of C/E models had the grey seats. You can go to the site in the link below for additional information/photos for this seat and many others. It's a great modeler's reference! Hope this helps- I'm not nearly as well-versed when it comes to weenie cookers, so maybe one of our resident experts can be of more assistance.

Mike

http://www.ejectionsite.com/

• Like 1

Rodders,

As Mike said above,  the seat in the Eagle is typically black. Originally the seat cushions were green/olive drab, but have since been replaced with black "sheepskin" pads. This happened in the 2008 time frame (give or take a few years). The parachute on the upper "shoulders" of the seat starts off black,  but quickly fades and looks green or grey. The rails for the seat are black above the cockpit sill, and grey below. Hope this helps...

Todd

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@72modeler, your reference to "weenie cookers" reminded me of the opening of "Hot Shots" where a couple of crew members of "The Navy" are doing just that; cooking a couple of weenies in the jet exhaust. Wouldn't know how they taste; don't want to find out. Sorry to be a bit OT.

Joe

• Haha 1