How would a new 48th AH-1G Cobra float ur boat???

Demon

There are numerous decals sheets, for the first Attack Helicopter from the Vietnam era, awaiting plastic!! Ur wait may soon be over!!  About darn time someone makes a true G Model Cobra!!  YEA!!

Bo

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jordi said:

It is astounding that one of the most important aircraft of the Vietnam conflict has never been done in 1/48 scale.  

Fujimi did one but it was very bad. Their later J and S are ok. 

Hacker

On 9/29/2019 at 6:18 PM, Demon said:

The Company currently makes the BEST AH-1G in any scale!!

Bo

I just built the very nice Special Hobby version in 1/72, but you're going to tell me it's AZ aren't you? 😂

On 10/1/2019 at 2:02 AM, Alan P said:

I just built the very nice Special Hobby version in 1/72, but you're going to tell me it's AZ aren't you? 😂

If AZ makes the best AH-1G in any scale .......... ????

Bo

• 2 weeks later...

Zero interest in a 48th Cobra.  However, if anyone ever gets around to a 35th scale one, I am so in....   Never understood why the G model Cobra has been so neglected.   It's by far the sexiest helo ever built!

There's at least SOMETHING in a larger scale for the AH-1G. RM's 1/32 version, which with some care and Werner's Wings updates (mainly the canopy) you can get a beautiful Cobra. And I've never understood why the rage about 1/35 for helicopters. Aircraft are modelled in 1/32 scale, so why complain if it's not in 1/35? 

There needs to be a 1/48 option for this helicopter. There really is a demand for it. I for one would probably buy 2 dozen of them if they are accurate and have no issues.

1 hour ago, whiskey said:

I've never understood why the rage about 1/35 for helicopters. Aircraft are modelled in 1/32 scale, so why complain if it's not in 1/35? 

Truckie-things are modelled in 1/35, and therefore appropriate.  Aeroplanes are modelled in 1/32.  (Actually 1/72, but one fight is enough at a time.)

2 hours ago, k5054nz said:

Is this thread gauging interest for a potential new kit? I'm confused.

Who knows, if it is then the poster should be upfront about it.

Julien

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 5:41 PM, Graham Boak said:

Truckie-things are modelled in 1/35... Aeroplanes are modelled in 1/32

Truckie things are modelled in 1/24-1/25. Army creepy crawlies are modelled in 1/35. 

1/32 aircraft kits offer the right heft and detail, and we are seriously overdue some eggbeaters, especially the canary coloured Westland Whirlwind (to go with the missing Jet Provost 3/4) and Sea King (to go with the missing FRS.1 SHAR).

Tony 

Edited by tony.t
ingleesh

On 10/14/2019 at 1:24 AM, whiskey said:

And not sure what the difference is between Aeroplanes and Aircraft is but I'm sure it's just semantics.

Aircraft includes airships and helicopters.   Aeroplanes have wings, as in fixed flat-ish projections.  As in monoplane, biplane etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Given I'm very deep into my AH-1P conversion from the Monogram AH-1S, it's too late for me! I also have a Lindberg 1/48 AH-1G but it's really basic - you'd need to add lots of bit from other AH-1/UH-1 kits to make it presentable.

• 4 years later...

As someone who has built three of them so far, I love them.  Do yourself a favor and buy the High Tech kit.  It has most of the things that you would need.  Don't forget Werner's Wings decals and armament.

Floyd

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 6:14 PM, FloydWerner said:

Don't forget Werner's Wings decals and armament.

Added them to my AH-1P and they really look the goods!