So I started a .... 1/72 stash clearance -Gnat gnearly done; Just leaves the swordfish and some tanks, hmm

Marklo

I think you're gonna have to stop building this before I go and buy about three of my own with all sorts of aftermarket goodies.... 

I want to start to play around with resin engines and stuff on a Typhoon at some point

Well it is very close to finished, its a lovely kit (albeit the decals are a bit thick and didn't stick well) and a very satisfying build. I think the Typhoon has a very purposefull look about it, now it would look good with a Tempest to go with it or maybe a 1/48 version of both as technically this was stash clearance of my 1/72 kits ( 1 down 7 more to go, ta154, 2 109s, a swordfish, a Mustang, a gnat, an FW190 oh and a few bits of armour)

Hmm might make this as a 1/72 stash clearance thread, although one of the 109s and the FW are earmarked for a group build. Mustang next I think, the box scheme is very similar to the Typhoon, go with that or find something a bit more eclectic.....

Edited by Marklo

Typhoon more or less finished a little touching up, add the rockets, coat of varnish.

Thread now subverted 😜

Airfix P51D next IAF blue and sand camo, ordered  some Israeli stars from eBay this morning.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

49124267457_5e5ac16dca_z.jpg

Fuselage and wings together. Interior is oob and looks pretty good to me. I tend to either go overboard or minimalistic with interior detail. This one is the latter, but given the scale looks ok.

Ready for paint soon, still no ddecals yet. I think the TA154 will be next.

Edited by Marklo

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while but back on this one, with the revel Ta154.

50305588257_98f2b0e5ab_c.jpg

Zipped up the wing and the fuselage, fairly low parts count and somewhat indifferent fit. I seem to have mislaid the box, canopy, decals and instructions, hopefully they’ll turn up as I’d rather not have to make a new canopy.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

Of course I’ve thrown out the box along with the decals, the canopy and one of the radiators, so nothing else to it I’ve had to make a new canopy.

50318964028_7c25c53b94_c.jpg

50319630201_1b87aca455_c.jpg
I hate moulding in PETG, but eventually a result. Still probably better than the original but now I’ll have to detail the interior a bit more.

Edited by Marklo

50327905817_c7d2068507_c.jpg
Wings and nacelles assembled, then dry fitted to the fuselage. Fit is awful, going to need a lot of filler.

Raised panel lines, thankfully not many owing to the wooden construction, I’ve sanded them off and scribed lines.

It’s also a terrible tail sitter I’ve added weight in the fuselage but I’ll also need to weigh the ends of the nacelles. That said I think it’s a great looking plane, albeit a poor kit.

50337204366_1bf5a0fa2e_c.jpg
Wings on, I can’t help but feel I’m having to beat this one into submission. Still it’s a great looking plane. I was going to leave to but the rudimentary kit interior is going to have to go.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1