Can You Swim? 007's Lotus Esprit Submarine

Nice! I strongly considered buying one 10 years ago. You could get them rather cheap and spare parts were less exclusive than I expected. It was quite clear the price for the S1 and S2 will go up soon, and so they did... Arggghhh...

Will watch this with interest.

Finally started this. Primed, then started on the interior. It looks pretty good although took a bit of sanding to fit some of the parts, instrument panel decal took a little work and a lot of micro sol but then I always seem to have this issue with decals in Japanese kits. Need to give the boot space another coat, looked at the shots of the real car in the film and there was a bit of tartan in between the seats on the backwall, but I thought I'd leave it as it's not going to be seen clearly anyway. I stupidly had an incident with the steering wheel where I left it on the side to dry and one of the cats (or maybe Blofeld's?) had a chew, but it looks okay all things considering. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by moviedrone
Image source
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/26/2019 at 8:30 AM, Colin W said:

LOTUS 

Loads of trouble, usually serious. 

Not necessarily a missed opportunity

Sadly, I have direct experience and can corroborate. But, that Elan +2S was sweet when it ran!

• Like 1