1:48 Harvard MK II 'Goodwood'

RMCS

This is quite a basic kit by Italeri with custom masks made for the current aircraft that flies out of Goodwood in West Sussex, UK. I did quite a lot of scratch building inside the cockpit, and the overall  finish reflects the tiredness of the current scheme, including the crazed and opaque windows panels. She is due a new scheme over the winter months which should quite striking.

2019-09-24_10-16-10

2019-09-24_10-16-22

2019-09-24_10-15-25

2019-09-24_10-14-45

2019-09-24_10-14-33

2019-09-24_10-23-09

2019-09-24_10-23-20

• Like 35

On 24/09/2019 at 22:45, dnl42 said:

Excellent work! :thumbsup:

Do you know how this kit compares with the Monogram kit? 

The Monogram one is OK  I feel a bit better as it has all those raised rivets that can be clearly seen in the pics accompanying the build here Also has good, adequate  interior detail  unless you want a super detailed kit.But it only has the straight edge rear end to the canopy. So if  RCAF/RAF  Mk.IIs  with the curved section is wanted the kit will need a mod at this station. I have built a couple and its my preferred choice. I have been happy with them. The thing with the Occidental one I find off putting is the squat appearance of the windshield as in top two pics. ( No criticism meant on the build by the way)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul J said:

The Monogram one is OK  I feel a bit better as it has all those raised rivets that can be clearly seen in the pics accompanying the build here Also has good, adequate  interior detail  unless you want a super detailed kit.But it only has the straight edge rear end to the canopy. So if  RCAF/RAF  Mk.IIs  with the curved section is wanted the kit will need a mod at this station. I have built a couple and its my preferred choice. I have been happy with them. The thing with the Occidental one I find off putting is the squat appearance of the windshield as in top two pics. ( No criticism meant on the build by the way)

Thanks for the info. I do want to build an RAF Harvard based on some AM decals. I'll have to check details to see if my stash, which only has Monogram boxings, is appropriate.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 2:41 AM, fubar57 said:

Very nice. I really hated painting those canopy frames

Me too! 

On 9/26/2019 at 4:37 AM, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Very realistic representation of the real machine. Have you flown in it from Goodwood?

Unfortunately not yet

A great looking Harvard with a very 'operational' paint finish which looks spot on.  It's unusual to see a vintage aircraft in anything but pristine condition but I think it rather suits it and is more representative of how it might have looked in service.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 10:01 PM, Greg Law said:

Nice build. I have one of these in my cupboard of doom I must rescue one day. 

I'm pretty sure the cockpit is done. How was the kit build?  

It goes together very nicley, thickest bit is the canopy..

• Thanks 1