Incom Corp T-65

20190924_181616

I bought this a while ago when I fancied doing something different. And it sure is.

Lots of parts including wiring and motors!

20190924_181809

Fortunately lots of detailed instructions. 

20190924_183038

The only line I can read says 'for use in Japan only '. How helpful is that? 

20190924_183127

WTF!

This is well outside my comfort zone. I'm going to need 'The Force' big time on this one. 

Colin 

• Like 8

You have to be careful with this one, as it's never where you put it. :clown:

I'll be interested to see how the mechanicals and lights interfere with the build process.  I've not had a proper look at mine, so I'm not clear. :hmmm:

• Haha 3

At risk of making this an X wing group build, I've not seen the movie as often as others but in 40 years of modelling this is only my 2nd sci fi kit, the other being an Eagle from Space 1999 built in 1984.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

You have to be careful with this one, as it's never where you put it. :clown:

Well spotted, it's a 'moving edition ' so it might attack the death star by itself. 

Colin 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, whitestar12chris said:

at this rate well have enough x-wings to attack the death star LOL.

15 minutes ago, Colin W said:

it's a 'moving edition ' so it might attack the death star by itself. 

They are popular movies and the pre-eminent Sci-Fi movie coming up on its 11th movie. Considering Lucas Literally wrote the book on modern special effects for sci-fi movies. I think we’ll see a bit more show-up. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3

Well I'm not impressed with the moving edition of this kit. It's been in the box in my bench all week and no sign of any movement! Maybe I should drop a battery in?

Colin 

• Haha 3

R2D2 is a very inventive chap so I assumed if his input would be necessary to get this moving he would be on the job. If it's not done anything by the weekend I'll have to switch to manual operation.

Colin 

😀

• Like 2

Well I have made a start on this Xwing this week. Have a good look at this sprue. Superb detail and 4 colours including Crystal clear transparencies. Amazing really. 

20191007_201126

Well it really didn't build itself but it's not far off. Here's one nights work. 

20191010_072911

No paint or glue yet. I will paint the cockpit at some point, probably near the end and certainly the pilot needs to be painted but the airframe is spot on. 

Colin 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Back from holiday and back to work on the X wing fighter. Most of the fuselage and 2 wings done over the weekend. The pilot needs to be painted so no longer just a clip together. 

20191021_210633

Colin 

• Like 5

Finished the other 2 wings and attached them to the fuselage. Once the first one was done the others are straight forward. Here's 'attack mode'. 

20191022_211243

Colin 

• Like 3

Well I have made a compromise on the painting. The primary colour will be the original but I'm going to shade and weather as normal. This is possible since the plastic is grey rather than white in some of these kits. 

I've removed the engines and lasers for painting. 

20191028_072916

Here are the engines sprayed with brass and iron. 

20191028_073012

A few washes and dry brushing will bring out the excellent details. 

Colin 

• Like 6

Looking good Colin.  I love the Bandai kits, the fit quality and detail are amazing.  Instructions are usually detailed enough to figure out, but I still keep a PDF on my phone which translates the various symbols for things like 'don't glue this' etc.  Looking forward to seeing this complete :)

Paul

• Like 1

Cheers Paul 

This is my first Bandai kit and I am very impressed with the fit and overall quality. It's a shame they don't make more 1/48 planes.

Colin 

• Like 2

I've knot seen a tie fighter but if I find one I'll do it in Thai Air force markings for sure. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Colin 

• Haha 3

Well I'm calling this finished. Oil paint wash added overall and the last few decals added.

The kit was superb but the decals less so. Very thin with a great tendency to roll up and stick to themselves rather than the model . I'm not sure if this is due to the lack of paint but definitely a pain.

Here's a few pictures of the finished model. 

20191103_200509

20191103_200239

20191103_200544

20191103_200223

20191103_200548

20191103_200257

20191103_202504

20191103_202453

I'm very pleased with the result of this kit. The motorisation is a bit of a gimmick but prevents procrastination over how to position the wings. 

Thanks to Corsairfoxfouruncle and Chris for encouragement and all those who commented along the way. 

More pictures in the gallery. 

Cheers Colin 

• Like 5