Tamiya Honda CBF750.

stevej60

Hi Folk's, inspired by Lee's superb Suzuki build I thought I would have a crack at my first bike kit for donkey's years.Despite being a biker for

many years and a modeller even longer bikes have never been my thing model wise,kit was a little over £12 so can't fault it and being Tamiya

you know what you are getting,so not expecting as quick build as I'm snowed under aircraft wise but made a start with the early stages of

the engine so here goes.Box art.

20190924_110104

Engine and carbs/airbox assembled.

20190924_110204

• Like 4

Nice looking bike, so a great choice for your first bike build. I love the Tamiya bike kits, loads of detail, great fit and finish, challenging enough to keep the interest up and generally a sound purchase. I’ve built a couple of the Tamiya Ducati’s and have been very pleased with the final build. Have fun with the Honda and I look forward to your progress pictures. Regards Ian.

• Like 1

On 24/09/2019 at 21:06, Ian T said:

Nice looking bike, so a great choice for your first bike build. I love the Tamiya bike kits, loads of detail, great fit and finish, challenging enough to keep the interest up and generally a sound purchase. I’ve built a couple of the Tamiya Ducati’s and have been very pleased with the final build. Have fun with the Honda and I look forward to your progress pictures. Regards Ian.

9 hours ago, Wonky Donkey said:

Grand start. Looking forward to seeing this progress. 

W-D 

Thank's Ian and WD,might not be as quick a build as my wingy ones, first thought are a re-spray of the engine and covers to a more

uniform silver.

On 30/09/2019 at 12:49, spitfire said:

Should be fun, as a biker and modeller it's what I should be doing but these wingy things keep getting in the way.

Cheers

Dennis

Those wingy things are dominating the bench at the moment Dennis but hope to move it on at the weekend once two of our GB's end.

Evening folk's,I could't live with the chrome plastic so the engine has been brush painted in humbrol silver,added the plug leads and

dropped it into the frame and leaving to dry.

20191005_180634

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Morning folk's,not a lot of bench time these days but every now and then I "tinker" with this build,I brush painted my own mix of metalic Gray

then a good few coats of gloss for decalling.I'll leave for a day or two then give it another coat or two of gloss.

IMG-20191103-WA0001

• Like 5