Trumpeter, 1/32 Messerschmitt Me 262A-1a

MeteOzkar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thank you all for nice comments.

After a while and a 5,8 magnitude earthquake, now the engine!

I'm planning to make starboard engine open, port one fully closed.

Before passing to plumbing/wiring/weathering stage, while she is still under a gloss coat, I'd like to share some progress.

Minor modifications has needed.

Such as omitting the hydraulic oil pump and closing its place (circle) with a simple cover.

spacer.png

There is a part missing in Trumpeter's kit design. I scratch built that part from an acetate sheet and imitated the details from reference pictures.

spacer.png

The inner wall of cowling must not be that close. There must be some hollow place according to references.

Therefore, I cut/modified the parts, to create such a depth. Left ones are the kit's parts remained untouched for the other engine.

spacer.png

See you in next steps...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

Here's some pictures of the real thing, courtesy of  Nohara and Shiwaku, Aero Detail No.9, Messerschmitt Me262A. Pictures posted for the purpose of study/research. Sorry about my scanner...

img001

There seem to be four mounting points (best seen in the centre picture where the two port outer points are clearly visible). This is the Me262 in the Deutsche Museum, Berlin. You have already made the two forward mounting points on your engine :like:

Hope this helps

SD

Edited by SafetyDad
Additional info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, SafetyDad said:

Here's some pictures of the real thing, courtesy of  Nohara and Shiwaku, Aero Detail No.9, Messerschmitt Me262A. Pictures posted for the purpose of study/research. Sorry about my scanner...

img001

There seem to be four mounting points (best seen in the centre picture where the two port outer points are clearly visible). This is the Me262 in the Deutsche Museum, Berlin. You have already made the two forward mounting points on your engine :like:

Hope this helps

SD

What is the "letter N" for?

2 hours ago, MeteOzkar said:

What is the "letter N" for?

I don't know and the book captions don't mention it either. The same engine has additional red code numbers painted on - 859 on the midsection directly behind the "N" and 1308 or 1368 on the opposite side of the engine in about the same location positionwise as the "N"

Sorry I can't help more

SD

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 2:55 AM, k5054nz said:

Don't forget the 2-stroke starter! After watching videos of the FHCAM example, I sure won't...

Thanks for that. It cut too soon though. I was just getting to enjoying the sound of that engine winding up!

• Like 1