1/72 Fokker D VII

Bit of delay in doing more on this after being made redundant after 24 years at the same company didn't put me in the mood for anything other than vengance but I'm thinking a little clearer now and have made use of my time with doing a bit on this build. 

On 10/3/2019 at 7:04 AM, Bob C. said:

I know it is too late for this one, but if I may make a suggestion -- take an Xacto knife with brand new blade (#11?) and scrape/scribe out the back of the engine panel louvres

Cheers Bob, I wish I had also cut of the wings flaps and reattached at better angles. 

So here I have just finished the declas  (all those ribbing decals aaahhhhrrrrrrr) and the base, I want to add anther figure so Bob has a friend and I want to tone down the wing colour with some weathering. I have done a little weathering on the body of the plane but its very subtle and still need to add some streaky marks around the engine pannels. 

IMG-20191010-132559.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 7

Looking very good.  I actually found both the standard Profipack, and the limited edition MAG kit -- arrived at my door just yesterday.  BTW, the MAG kit also has the OAW fuselage as well.  Can't wait to get some of the Pheon decals on it/them.  But I don't get why Eduard couldn't have made one-piece wing rib tape decals, with the rib tapes exactly spaced for their kit.  Some would probably  call that cheating, but I'd call it giving me more time to work on another (Eduard) kit.  

I just looked at those louvres.  They will be pretty tricky to try my above suggestion on, even with a brand new blade.  Looks like I'll have to experiment with that (to be unused) MAG fuselage.

Also, the Eduard plastic MGs are not bad, but, on your masterpiece, the Mini World LMGs would really add to it, especially since the D VII has such a (relatively) high-mounted upper wing.

Great job on the lozenge, too.  Looking forward to the finished product.

Bob C

The Fokker is looking great. 

Redundancy isn’t the end of the world you’ll get over it. I was made redundant 12 years ago after 13 years in the same place, I did get a fairly decent package and it worked out ok in the end. Unfortunately I think it’s a fact of modern life.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bob C. said:

Mini World LMGs

Cheers Bob C, what are these? And its no masterpiece either, I have made quite a few mistakes but for my first it's passable. Had to cut the upper wing off and reattach after it went on wonky but it's OK now. You going to start yours any time soon or will they disappear onto a shelf somewhere? 

IMG-20191012-114120.jpg

I'm just about finished with this just a bit of weathering to add.

46 minutes ago, Marklo said:

The Fokker is looking great. 

Redundancy isn’t the end of the world

Thanks and you probably write, anyway I have a few unfinished projects I would like to get finished and have a few extra hours in the day to fill... 😀 

Cheers Brian. 

• Like 2

All finished, I will try and get some pictures for the RFI in a few days. 

IMG-20191012-164646.jpg
IMG-20191012-164555.jpg

There are quite a few errors, bad bits and general cock ups in this build but I definitely want to build another now I have some idea what to expect. With some luck the SPAD Viii will be better finished, need to get another large pot of yogurt for the base.....😋

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 12

Greetings rp & c,, Very nice job, glad you were able to complete it  You're a better man than I.

See https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MINA7213 for the Mini World LMG.  They also have an extraordinary number of other WWI, WWII (and post-war ?  - not my area, didn't notice) gems.  Somewhat expensive if you have a couple dozen German/French/British  WWI kits to show off, but worth the investment when you can.

I am quite tempted to abandon at least one (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/trumpeter-sturmgeschutz-iii-b-t319935.html )  of my current 6 projects (some barely started) to start on the Fokker, but I am bound and determined to see it (and the rest) through before going on to something else.   Kind of "half a league, half a league …" and so on.

If you are talking about the Eduard 1/72 SPAD XIII, it is a nice kit, although not a "fall together" one.  It was actually (for me) more challenging than I was expecting, but came out ok in the end.  A little hard to remember now, I think it was lining the struts up properly.   OK, I'm trying to post a couple photos, but apparently I am not getting it.  Maybe you have some  (simple) advice on doing so, since you obviously have it down pat?  Do we still have to go from an image-storing site?

Anyway, looking forward to the final stage.  Very nice.

Bob C 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really nice work on a lovely little kit. A lot smaller than my latest build. That’s for sure. 😇 keep it up kid. Sorry to hear about work. There is always something better around the corner. 🙌

Take care.

Johnny

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Thanks 1

Very nice build, looking forward to getting my hands on one of these.

Does anyone know if the OAW kit ships with all the plastic for the other versions? I want to build a post-war Dutch version and they were built in Fokker's own factory.

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2019 at 7:39 PM, sroubos said:

Very nice build, looking forward to getting my hands on one of these.

Does anyone know if the OAW kit ships with all the plastic for the other versions? I want to build a post-war Dutch version and they were built in Fokker's own factory.

Cheers sroubos

I'm not sure of the versions but the box I have had 2 different fuselage in the box and lots of other part. 

sroubus, 

The OAW Profipack kit (70131)  comes with OAW mid and OAW late fuselages.  I'll bet (and others have opined) that a Royal boxing will provide many other options. 

And who doesn't need another 6 or so (or whatever) different Fokker DVIIs?  To replace/add to all the Pegasus and Roden kits we already have (sigh). 

• Thanks 1