Hello modeller friends

RefiksModel

Hello my friends,
I am a modeller from Edirne/Turkey. I generally interested in with WWII AFVs. I have been doing this hobby for roughly four years. I've used brush to paint my models until this week (Obviously, I bought an airbrush).  Also I started to write a blog recently. I am quite amateur so I don't claim that it has tutorial purpose. It is just a log for me, to visualize my progress troughout the time.
here is my blog: https://refiksmodel.blogspot.com/ 
my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/refiksmodel/

Hi Refik,

welcome on BM!!!

AFVs are slightly out of my comfort zone, but modelling is modelling, and that is the common denominator on this forum.

So have a great time on the best internet site you will ever find!!!

Have fun!

JR

10 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Refik,

welcome on BM!!!

AFVs are slightly out of my comfort zone, but modelling is modelling, and that is the common denominator on this forum.

So have a great time on the best internet site you will ever find!!!

Have fun!

JR

Hi Jean, 

thank you for your reply and I hope you checked my blog :)  

:welcome: aboard - good to have you here.  A quick word about blogs & such, so you don't get yourself in hot water later :) We allow folks to have links to their blogs or channels in their signatures, but discourage people from posting links to offsite blogs and channels in the general forum.  Enjoy yourself ^_^

7 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Greetings from Western Canada.

Chris

Hello Chris!! 

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Refik... :post1: from Chicago USA. 

Dennis

Hi Dennis, 

Thank you all friends, it is a pleasure to be here. 

6 hours ago, Mike said:

:welcome: aboard - good to have you here.  A quick word about blogs & such, so you don't get yourself in hot water later :) We allow folks to have links to their blogs or channels in their signatures, but discourage people from posting links to offsite blogs and channels in the general forum.  Enjoy yourself ^_^

Thank you for warning Mike. So, when I post a finished model, am I allowed to say "You can read the building details on my blog. Link in the signature."? 

6 hours ago, RefiksModel said:

Thank you for warning Mike. So, when I post a finished model, am I allowed to say "You can read the building details on my blog. Link in the signature."? 

Yes you can, as long as you pop at least four pics of your work, rather than a quick "teaser" pic to lure people away :ninja: That gives those interested in seeing more the option, and those that are happy with a few views can saunter on to the next topic :)

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Yes you can, as long as you pop at least four pics of your work, rather than a quick "teaser" pic to lure people away :ninja: That gives those interested in seeing more the option, and those that are happy with a few views can saunter on to the next topic :)

Thank you again Mike. Is there a forum rules list I should check? So I don't "get myself into hot water". :) 

19 minutes ago, RefiksModel said:

Thank you again Mike. Is there a forum rules list I should check? So I don't "get myself into hot water". :) 

The rules tend to be at the top of various areas, and there are a few in the FAQ area.  We could do with getting them all together one day, but there never seems to be enough time :wacko:

RULE ONE:

If there are rules to be followed then all the rules should be grouped together in one easily identified and accessible place, unlike this one.

😋

Welcome to the madhouse @RefiksModel

😋😜

Good to read you're into your AFVs and have bought an AB. The AB will make a huge difference to your work, and work rate. I look forward to seeing some of your Turkish delights.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Badder said:

RULE ONE:

If there are rules to be followed then all the rules should be grouped together in one easily identified and accessible place, unlike this one.

😋

Welcome to the madhouse @RefiksModel

😋😜

Good to read you're into your AFVs and have bought an AB. The AB will make a huge difference to your work, and work rate. I look forward to seeing some of your Turkish delights.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thank you Badder,

I am quite happy to see that everyone here is very kind ready to help. I really wasn't expecting that much of interset and hospitability. 

Yes, it is the first week I use my AB and you are totaly right about quality of my work and work rate. Every step goes much more faster than brush. 

And I have a diorama that I want to share with you. I am using flickr to share my photos on my Turkish modelling forum. I am just copying the link and pasting on my post there.

I tried to use flickr here also but unfortunately I couldn't manage it. I found a tutorial on britmodeller which says "click the share button" but I just can't click "share" button. It says I can't share resitricted photos but, the point is they are not resitricted I think. I selected a "visible to everyone" kind of option. It shows an unlocked lock under the photos. So If there is anyone who can help me, please help 😕

And lastly, Badder you mentioned Turkish delights... 

In Edirne, the province I am living, we have a lot of different kind of delights:) (yeah I know you mean my models and as soon as I solve this photo sharing issue you will taste my Turkish delights. :)

• Thanks 1

Hi @RefiksModel, I use Flickr to host my pictures, the “share” button is in Flickr and not in this forum. Once you have uploaded your pictures into Flickr there are a couple of steps, but it guides you with the word “next” but at one step there is the share button (upper right corner from memory). Once you have the picture successfully loaded and shared, go to the export symbol (square box with an arrow pointing upwards), click “copy URL”, then go to your britmodeller post and paste it. Hope this helps and have fun on the forum. Regards Ian.

• Like 2

Hi @Ian T, I just understood what I was doing wrong. there is "safety" option on flickr. Mine was "resitricted" so it wasn't allow me to share the photos wtih resitricted safety level. I changed it and now, I am able to share them. Stay tuned, my diorama is coming 👍
thank you for your attention.

Edited by RefiksModel
  • Like 3