This is Red Leader, all wings report in...

Ok with Red 5 where are you in a decent place I shall start on Red Leader from the battle of Scarif 

Construction largely follows the 1/144 from the same box, though larger. There are a few more detailed parts so sub assemblies will be easier for painting and adding decals. I was toying with spraying it a more custom grey but for my first X-Wing build I have finally decided to go with the already presented colour of the plastic. Not as white as the 1/144 so may look ok once weathering is done. Another experiment as the other 4 in the stash will probably get a grey base coat.

Phase one wings, il paint up the engine insert before fully placing in as it proved tricky to paint once in the 1/144..

48833860018_83bfde613e_b.jpg

• Like 4

Coat of orange for Red Leader and some burnt iron for exposed metal parts then fitted together. In the morning I will decal the wing up and decide how next to tackle phase 2

48834165923_9c9f787d83_b.jpg

• Like 3

Wow the water slide decals are pretty fab! Red leader wing markings and larger top sides done. Sinking into panel lines as we speak. Il build up the engine parts while they settle down

48835940398_f7f9c880f7_b.jpg

• Like 6

As I was completing all decals on the wings rather than in construction instruction order, it made it tricky deciphering which decal went where so took up most of my build time tonight! They are all on and hopefully in the correct place. Let’s them soak in. All assemble engines, hopefully straight forward then decal up, same for exhausts then paint detail and get them 

48861090523_73cfc7232c_b.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Looking good. These Bandai kits are great. 

Thanks! They really are awesome, I cannot stop buying them, model room study has a pile of them!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Thanks! They really are awesome, I cannot stop buying them, model room study has a pile of them!!

Well if you have to be addicted to something these cant be all bad for you. Unless you get caught sneaking off to a corner at all times of the day or night to do some thing with them and glue. ... :doh: Oh wait thats what were supposed to do in our hobby. :wicked:

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...

Small update. Rather than dilly dally about painting I pressed on with assembly. Looks legoish at this point

49128423546_8bcebd0ef7_b.jpg

however I’ve completed the airframe and cockpit painted and some decals on and it looks good. Bit of work on it tonight...

• Like 3

Ok so I cannot seem to find the decals for red leader Garven Dreis’ Helmet. I’ve tried to represent it using various decals for other bits. Looks ok but no idea how il work the gold motif on

Here we are ready for final decals

49134767766_ee10f57af5_b.jpg

• Like 4