Thanks Chris.  I have begun the decals...Letter by letter...Two things are slowing me...the first is that I am battling bicep tendonitis in my right shoulder which makes it painfully difficult to do almost everything.  The second is that I am part of a steering committee for a convention here this weekend.  I'll try to get as much done before I have to head on that direction tomorrow afternoon.

spacer.png

It looks the same to the starboard, just reversed.  I'll get the wings and floats attached, the four wing roundels and varnish it.  Then wrap it up Sunday night or so.

--John

• Like 8

Back at it after an exhausting, yet exhilarating, weekend of seemingly endless conversation and numerous cups of coffee...

I have removed the 'N' interplane struts and will replace them with Contrail scratch built pieces.  So for now, I have glued the top wing with the cabane struts and will let that set for the evening.  I'll start in on the other pieces late tonight.  As you can also see, I have masked for the rudder flash.  I'll have to do some paint mixing to get the 'red' correct...it is more ruddy than bright.

spacer.png

PS...the tendonitis is all but gone.  What a relief!  

--John

• Like 7

Nice progress!

To keep you going through the haze of tendonitis, here’s some motivation - spotted in a haul of photos posted on another (French) forum, from Maquettexpo, Hyeres France, last weekend:

48900565846_a83f136986_b.jpg

Look forward to seeing yours (in English!)

• Like 7

OK.  I think I am almost finished with this one.  To be honest I will be happy to get this off of the bench.  I am not happy with the blue...it looks far too dark.  Maybe that is because of the primer, I am not sure.  Anyway...getting there.

Contrail struts and fin flash done...

spacer.png

I have added the radiator from some Evergreen and etched on the cooling fins with the back of a hobby knife.  Obviously some paint touch ups are required...Murphy looks pretty good from this angle!  I almost forgot to put him in the cockpit!  

spacer.png

Motor on...Looking alright.  Now I will add the satin glaze.  Maybe that will bring out some blue...🤞

spacer.png

So a few odds and ends and the rigging and she'll be ready to attack the submarine!

--John

• Like 10