This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PhoenixII

What new stuff have you bought/been gifted? Part III

40 minutes ago, Whofan said:

What's interesting is that the kit will need some modification if you want to produce a faithful reproduction of the motorhead bomber per the artwork.

The ventral gondola isn't shown n the artwork,  just the two new turrets.

I understand retrokits are going to make either one or both turrets and some figures, but  looking athe turrets on the artwork the rear one looks to me similar to a B 29 turret, while the front turret looks like a mid upper on a lanc style turret.

Either way, it should be .... vairry interesting  (apologies to Rowan and Martin's laugh in )  tosort that out!

To be honest, I think it was the markings she liked.

A bit of a metal head our Rose now ( I have been educating her)

Simon.

3 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

To be honest, I think it was the markings she liked.

A bit of a metal head our Rose now ( I have been educating her)

Simon.

Excellent job you've done, by the sound of it !

A Hasegawa 1/72 air-air missiles set off eBay. There never seems to be enough knocking around in the stash.

From HLJ, A Fujimi Phantom FG.1 & Hasegawa AV-8B Harrier II dropped onto the doorstep on Friday. :)

Steve.

Eduard 1/48 11132 Limited Edition MiG-23BN with resin, etch, masks and book plus a set of overtrees for the same with the (ex-Trumpeter) plastic parts only bought together as part of Eduard's post-EDay sale , plus VAT and delivery worked out a bit more expensive than first planned but still cheaper together delivered than the Limited Edition kit on its own at RRP.

World's Fastest Single-Engine Jet Aircraft: The Story of Convair's F-106 Delta Dart Interceptor , by Robert Powell and published by Specialty Press.

A Flu Jab !!!

My haul from Glasgow show yesterday

spacer.png

beefy

So show us the class winner Beefy.

11 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Yeah, show us the class winner sir.

Simon.

Recent aid to the economy includes:

1. A copy of Nick Milman's RAF Paint Colour Standards 1939-45, purchased from his blog.

2. A key chain. Pretence at being a Blue Öyster Cult roadie for the use of.

3. An s-l1600.jpg

for PE experiments.

4. A copy of Priyamvada Gopal's Insurgent Empire. Enlightenment for the production of.

5. Spotify account for youngest child. Revenge is singing along to the chorus of Lil Peep's I've  Been Waiting whilst he's gaming over on an open mic with friends.

A sheet of Aviation Workshop stencil decals for the Airfix Nimrod and a nice bundle of Humbrol Authentic paints that popped up on eBay at an opportune moment.

After being at the Glasgow Show on Saturday I came home with the following items;

An 1/48 Airfix Hurricane Mk.1 : https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/hawker-hurricane-mk1.html

An Italeri P-40E : https://www.italeri.com/prodotto/2812

AK Interactive Worn effects : https://ak-interactive.com/product/worn-effects-acrylic-fluid/

AK Interactive Heavy Chipping : https://ak-interactive.com/product/heavy-effects-acrylic-fluid/

and before that at Scale Scotland I managed to source the Meng Model British Rolls Royce Armoured Car : https://www.emodels.co.uk/meng-model-1-35-british-rolls-royce-armoured-car-pattern-1914-1920-vs-010.html

For some reason the diving aeroplane on the box art of the Meng Rolls Royce Armoured Car is not on my sample. Very strange.

All I need to find now is the time to get started on them all.

Something to make the winter evenings go quicker

Sgt Bilko The Very Best Of   dvd boxed set...

A job lot from the bay of one Airfix Biggin Hill & three Evening Stars. One of the Stars is part converted to a Crosti 9F, so I'm reselling that one.

The others need to be disassembled and the paint, Humbrol? stripped. They will then become spares box fodder for my Sci fi scratchbuilds.

Edit - Thursday, I got a big bottle of Dettol for the stripping. three boilers overnighting in the tin as I write.

Just got my Eduard Royal Class Dual Combo Tempest V set from Hannants and I am seriously chuffed! Chris Thomas' Tempest book which is included is brilliant. Well worth every penny.

On 10/20/2019 at 12:59 PM, Bullbasket said:

On 10/20/2019 at 1:12 PM, Spookytooth said:

Yeah, show us the class winner sir.

Simon.

Well John and Simon the class winner was for my Landing Ship Medium 1/144 and here is the link thanks for asking.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235049795-landing-ship-medium/

beefy

11 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Well John and Simon the class winner was for my Landing Ship Medium 1/144 and here is the link thanks for asking.

Lovely build and well deserved award. Nice one Beefy.

John.

A ticket to see the 4K release of The Shining at the cinema tonight.

A Brengun/Hauler etch/resin detail set for the Brengun Spitfire float plane & an Eastern Express Mig-21-93 'cause after seeing @tomthounaojam's nice Mig-21 Bison build, I just needed  wanted one, luckily a seller on our local auction site had one at a decent price.

Steve.

An order from the Big H including:

Peewit masks for the Airfix Blenheim IV

Barracuda 1/72 decals for the P-51D (including one from the 55th FG and a couple from the 353th. There's so few examples of Raydon-based machines in decal form!)

Lifelike 1/72 decals for the P-51D (including another rarely done group- the 356th.)

Edit: plus the Osprey 357th FG Aces book.

Edited by lasermonkey

Added a second Airfix Spitfire FR.XIV to the stash. Also picked up the MiniArt 1/35 Avro 671 Rota Mk. 1 (RAF).

Cheers,

Rich

Broke down and bought a 1/24 Mitsuwa Model Hino Dolphin cabover dump truck. Not the cheapest online. There was a couple direct from Japan for a bit less but the sellers never returned emails when I had questions. So I found one in Ontario. About $188 Cdn, yes it's a lot. Want to make a Pakistan "jingle truck" out of it. These are just as much as the 1/32 Japanese Hino truck models. Amazed at how much these have gone up in price over the last few years.

Trumpeter 1/48 Northrop T-38C Talon kit . . . . .  added to the stash for the forthcoming Two Bob’s T-38C Heritage Talons decal sheet.

Mikoyan MiG-23 & MiG-27: Famous Russian Aircraft by Yefim Gordon and Dmitriy Komissarov , Published by Crecy  . . . . . . 560 pages , 1200 illustrations and my reading for the next while.

USAF Interceptors : A Military Photo Logbook (1946-1979) by Marty J. Isham and David R. MacLaren , Published by Speciality Press . . . . .  read a review of the title which said that around half of the images contained were in colour BUT DID NOT read the description when buying this particular edition which is in black & white throughout (except covers) . . . . . not the best way to present the subject matter , Specsavers calling yet again !!!!!

Hachette Air Power Series No.8 Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress . . . . .  next is the DH Mosquito in late December/early January.

HIS AIR DEC NEWS Volume 6 No.1 from August/September 1966 . . . . . Was reminded of this series when recently searching through some 1960s magazines , barely a teenager at the time and mail order modelling a bit beyond my means so  thought I would have a look to see what I had missed.     32 A5 pages of colour-scheme/markings research and history with some reviews and originally came with a decal sheet although no longer included with this previously owned issue , interesting material and I will look out for others in my price range.     Downside is that they are American in origin and many available now through that certain auction website come from the US with on the face of it reasonable unit costs such as single issues for around three pounds and four issues for around five pounds but with ridiculous shipping costs of around twenty pounds and forty-eight pounds respectively.