This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PhoenixII

What new stuff have you bought/been gifted? Part III

Picked this up for my Charlie Varrick build in the Movie/TV Group build.  wvTbrzT.jpg

ydTfMho.jpg

I also picked this up,

iigWCD5.jpg

to replace the incorrect aircraft i had originally purchased for my Yugoslavian Messerschmitt build. It has the correct wing needed. I double checked. M8QeQE4.jpg

Dennis

Latest issue of The Aviation Historian , number 29 , arrived today.

Got given Oxford Diecast 1/43 Special Edition Land Rover Series 1 Howdens Joinery Co. by my granddaughters today , local branch gave some to the local library to use in a treasure hunt and the girls found one , very nice aluminium trimmed red livery with canvas tilt to give a little splash of colour to my Police Car Collection.

Edited by Des

err... I turned up at my parents to find this hoard from a modeller who got that longevity/stash ratio a little bit off. Have plucked out one or two for myself but going to have to do a lot of sorting through 

48886592433_aeef68df27_b.jpg

An Esci DC-3 (Eastern Airways boxing) from the usual place. I'll have to get some Two Six Air Atlantique decals for it.

Edit: Damn! Just seen that they've discontinued the decals I wanted!:doh:

Edited by lasermonkey

"One Foot In The Grave" DVD box set. To learn how to be a grumpy old man now I'm in my 50s !

Time, Discovery and All Over the World; The Very Best of ELO. That's all of my vinyls now on CD. And all for the princely sum of £11 including postage to Belle France.

John.

A Royal Signals Poppy Pin for my dad and a Royal Navy Poppy Pin for me father in law. Dad did his National Service in the Signals and spent his whole time in Hong Kong.  Father in law did 15 years in the Navy and saw action at Suez. He then went on to serve on HMS Hermes when she was commissioned in 1959. 

And for myself i've just scored a Dragon M4A1 DV and Dragon Sherman III on that there online auction place. Been after the DV version for a while now and was only bidder so got it for a good price. 

Regards,

Steve 

11 hours ago, fatfingers said:

A Royal Signals Poppy Pin for my dad 

Where did you get that from Steve?

2 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Where did you get that from Steve?

Morning John,

Got it from the Royal British Legion on-line shop. They do them for all regiments and RAF squadrons as far as i can see. £7.99 + postage. Whilst not particularly cheap it is for an excellent cause.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Paul. I've book marked the page.

John.

23 hours ago, fatfingers said:

A Royal Signals Poppy Pin for my dad and a Royal Navy Poppy Pin for me father in law. Dad did his National Service in the Signals and spent his whole time in Hong Kong.  Father in law did 15 years in the Navy and saw action at Suez. He then went on to serve on HMS Hermes when she was commissioned in 1959. 

And for myself i've just scored a Dragon M4A1 DV and Dragon Sherman III on that there online auction place. Been after the DV version for a while now and was only bidder so got it for a good price. 

Regards,

Steve 

I shall be getting a signals pin for my future son in law (currently in 16 signals) and a royal navy pin for my father, who served from 1942 to 1953, ending his time in the navy on board HMS Ocean on her Korean tours.

Thanks for the heads up on these.

A package from Eduard which FedEx mucked me about big time with the delivery :rant:

But it contained my Mig-23BN Special Edition to add to my other special editions (3 in total now - The Black Special, The Hell Fighter and the Grey Tiger) :clap:

But it was missing one of the two Eduard P-51D Brassin cockpit sets that I had ordered :rant:

But at least included the new Eduard LööK Mig-23BN cockpit. After the disappointment I felt when I bought the first edition LööK parts (for the Fw-190 and Me-109), which appeared to be quite toy-like with less fidelity than the PE equivalents, Eduard appear to have really raised their game with the latest sets. The console is fantastic, this time looking far more convincing than the PE equivalents and better than the Yahu Mig-23 cockpit. In fact I bought the latter just in case the LööK turned out as disappointing as the earlier versions and this was also the reason I only bought one of the sets this time around. But with what I have seen I will be ordering another two straight away and will have little hesitation buying the P-51 and other new versions as they are released. Very highly recommended! :clap:

12 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Many Thanks... I had an Uncle that joined the RN in 1940 at the age of 16. He lied to the recruiter in Toronto Canada and served on the ORP Kujawiak a series 2 Hunt class DE. I will be ordering a pin in his honor. 

13 hours ago, Whofan said:

(currently in 16 signals)

I did my trade training at 16 Sigs in '64 when they were based in Krefeld in Germany. Where are they now?

John.

21 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

I did my trade training at 16 Sigs in '64 when they were based in Krefeld in Germany. Where are they now?

John.

Stafford, but he'll be moving on shortly.

3 birthday cards, miscellaneous, boys , for the use of.

SAM_7799

Apart perhaps for the little grey fergie (what gave you the clue these came from a farm shop?? ) which might grace me wall, or if I get around to it, a backdrop for an Heller little grey fergie to show what it ought to look like!

Edited by Whofan

13 hours ago, Silenoz said:

It wasn't on purpose, but I needed to get free shipping 😉

1226419-13385-96-720.jpg

103010-15582-43-pristine.jpg

996505-16133-55-pristine.jpg

1021117-16766-61-720.jpg

972153-22759-13-pristine.jpg

103008-10404-pristine.jpg

191889-16133-36-pristine.jpg

1117294-30425-15-pristine.jpg

1019381-17918-30-720.jpg

115187-16559-92-pristine.jpg

The tank at the top looks awesome! It's like something out of TRON. I know they only mocked up a prototype but they should definitely put it into production. It may only be a light tank but according to Top Trumps a high 'Cool' value allows it to score more than the heavies. And we all know today's battles are fought using Top Trumps.

One of these:

20191015_212611

20191015_212639

Needs a few mods, but it’s not bad.

Sean

On 10/11/2019 at 7:26 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Picked this up for my Charlie Varrick build in the Movie/TV Group build.  

Great film although I like Hopscotch with Walter Matthau just as much so now that I remember it is time to search through the DVDs and have a bit of a binge I think.

15 minutes ago, Des said:

Great film although I like Hopscotch with Walter Matthau just as much so now that I remember it is time to search through the DVDs and have a bit of a binge I think.

I hadn't heard of Hopscotch so looked it up. Now i need to see this movie, thanks for suggesting it. 

Dennis

11 hours ago, Mozzy19 said:

One of these:

Dimensions? Cost? please.

John.

A Daco 737-300 kit, their recent discount made it less painful, as did post from Germany. Thanks @daco 

Also a Hasegawa F-101 Voodoo from eBay, shipped to NZ via the NZPost Youshop service which cuts out the stupid eBay global shipping charges. Came with a Caracal sheet rather than the kit decals. :)

Steve.

Two packs of these turned up today.

IMG_1696

I have another 20 in use at the moment.

And for £4.00 a pack cannot grumble at all.

Simon