As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PhoenixII

What new stuff have you bought/been gifted? Part III

For my Birthday today:

Revell 1/48 AD-5 (A-1E)

Tamiya 1/32 F-4E Phantom Early Production from other half

Tamiya 1/32 F-16CJ Block 50 from Mum , Dad and Sisters

i put pictures up tomorrow when I get home

I have one on the go at the moment but I have made such a hash of it and lost quite a few parts I thought I would get a new one and have a proper go at it.spacer.png

Posted (edited)

My mission, which I chose to accept, is to help keep HMV and Waterstones alive, so I did so yesterday with these;

SAM_8886

From HMV, more Prog Rock, District 97 to the left and Periphery to the right. I thought at first the band had gone satanic rock, as I read the title as Hail Satan, but a second look reassured me they'd gone all northern as its title is Hail Stan.

Below, The Friends of Harry Perkins, a much belated sequel to A very British Coup, and Humble Pi, a comedy of maths errors. Interesting anecdotes of how maths gone wrong can have severe unintended consequences.

But I couldn't just help keep HMV and Waterstones alive, so ot was off to the LMS for a browse and somehow £25 fell out of my wallet and this fell into my hands;

SAM_8887

I'm not sure, but this might be my first tamiya AFV since the LRDG command car I built in the 70's.  Oh dear, the build rate has fallen, the stash increase rate has risen .....

Edited by Whofan

Just in from the big H.

I'm going to try the Aires resin Avionics sets with the new Airfix Phantom and see how they work out. The Blackdog resin is for one of the many Sea Kings in my build queue.

63F7A091-4C87-4F58-9C5A-47424CD3EA47

8FE7DDDC-B2BE-4DB4-9331-831C0508FFDE

D239F357-D79C-40C1-8D11-BB3A8F668383

16 hours ago, Rickoshea52 said:

8FE7DDDC-B2BE-4DB4-9331-831C0508FFDE

D239F357-D79C-40C1-8D11-BB3A8F668383

Those aren't actually the electronic bays as such but one is the air conditioning unit for the electronics bays and the other is the cockpit air conditioning unit that live behind Door 6L and Door 6R either side of the nose. They  are what the air scoops either side of the nose are for and vent underneath just inboard from the forward Sparrow bays (which Airfix may or may not have bothered to mould into the kit!).

Duncan B

Released this very day and being played to death already. I can thoroughly recommend this album to any Rory fan or anyone with a passion for great guitar tunes.

IMG_6628-L.jpg

Duncan B