This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PhoenixII

What new stuff have you bought/been gifted? Part III

A buy it now offer of £6.50 (posted) for a KP P-51B was too good to pass up. So I didn't!

On 2/5/2020 at 9:32 AM, lasermonkey said:

A buy it now offer of £6.50 (posted) for a KP P-51B was too good to pass up. So I didn't!

You sir are on an eBay roll!

i have been inspired!

lwxGAyQ.jpg

just picked this up for £40! Even better the girlfriend has said she will pay for it as a birthday present. I have wanted one of these for so long but haven’t found one for less than £65 once posted, which is too much.... but now I’m happy...but slightly worried I now have more B24’s in my stash than any other aircraft, I may have to build and finish some 😮

Rob

21 minutes ago, rob85 said:

You sir are on an eBay roll!

i have been inspired!

lwxGAyQ.jpg

just picked this up for £40! Even better the girlfriend has said she will pay for it as a birthday present. I have wanted one of these for so long but haven’t found one for less than £65 once posted, which is too much.... but now I’m happy...but slightly worried I now have more B24’s in my stash than any other aircraft, I may have to build and finish some 😮

Rob

... but has your girlfriend seen the nose-art yet?

These have arrived recently:

20200206_165135

Sean

27 minutes ago, klr said:

... but has your girlfriend seen the nose-art yet?

ha, that’s not such a problem I have a lot worse options that she’s fine with, she loves a bit of pin up art.... which is helpful 

My punches arrived today. Will be brilliant as soon as I get my mojo together 

5 hours ago, rob85 said:

lwxGAyQ.jpg

Aah, Cocktail Hour, my favourite piece of nose art, such a wanton looking hussey. ;) :D

On a personal note, I was pleased to win a Sword Vultee Vanguard, the very reasonable start price secured it, to my surprise. I've been on the look out for quite some time.

Steve.

18 hours ago, stevehnz said:

On a personal note, I was pleased to win a Sword Vultee Vanguard, the very reasonable start price secured it, to my surprise. I've been on the look out for quite some time.

Steve.

Not a bad kit, if a little demanding in places (like where does the undercarriage fit?). My came up well I thought. This one is mine from about two and a half years ago 

Multiple buy from a US eBay seller of five different decal sheets for Classic Airframes 1/48 F-5A/F-5B/RF-5A kits printed by Microscale.

Seller has a large selection of decal sheets from the Classic Airframes range , bought on Monday afternoon delivered in the UK standard airmail post on Friday morning.

Just received the Hasegawa Grumman Egg Planes, the A-6, F-14, and TBF. Given my current progress on Bad Angel, I may just do these for the Navy GB... :idea:

Woohoo! :yahoo::penguin:

The AMP 1/48 Supermarine S-5 and Mikro Mir 1/48 DH.88 Comet arrived!

The DH.88 is one of my Most Wanted Subjects! :wub: 

An acoustic guitar gig bag. The Mrs has started to learn guitar with some workmates and while she's currently using a cheapo acoustic that she saved from the local tidy tip (the guy was just about to chuck it in the skip), it would be much easier for her if she used one of my nice guitars.

She used to play bass back in the early 90s but gave up after that particular band split. It's nice to see her playing again. Plus I get a nice gig bag!

As it is my birthday today, I have received a variety of loot from various family members

MMP book on Coastal Command Fortresses

Guideline book on Buccaneer 

A book and modelling guide on the Battle of Taranto

A photographic book on Postwar Nottingham

An electric milk frother

A Jumper and T-shirt 

A Polaroid 3D pen

BBC Box set of his Dark Materials  and Godzilla King of Monsters DVD (from son, so guess he wants to watch it again) 

And last but by no means least a certificate recording my name on the commerative plaque for the 60th anniversary of the first flight of Vulcan XH558, the donation that my brother sent in my name will help to protect the Vulcan for the future. 

Two successful bids on eBay today, neither of which had any other bids. I like it when that happens!

First was an Eagle Strike 1/72 decal sheet containing four 357th FG P-51Bs. The other was an Academy KC-97G and that was a bit of a bargain at eighteen quid. The only fly in the ointment is that I need to source the extra bits to do the jet-assisted -L model, so any pointers in that direction would be gratefully received!

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

The only fly in the ointment is that I need to source the extra bits to do the jet-assisted -L model, so any pointers in that direction would be gratefully received!

Long defunct Cobra Company did a resin conversion including the jet engines etc. , no idea if it has been one of the sets re-released by Lone Star Models or if this is one of the months that their website is active.

Got this in today, always wanted one, cute petite Aircraft subject, usual nice Eduard package, good decals with interesting choices, canopy masks, cockpit colour photo etch, all for about £25 delivered, absolute win IMHO

spacer.png

Edited by One 48

The gig bag arrived today and guess what? It's too small. The quoted internal dimensions include a 104cm/41" length (basically a standard Dreadnought size) and the actual case is barely a metre long.

I'm fed up with the amount of idiots I have to deal with on eBay these days.

It's going back.

From Creative Models via their amazon presence, this;

SAM_8866

It's for the Austrian Air force project I have, and was inspired by seeing exdraken's build of the Tarangus 1/48 Safir, here;

Unlike exdraken's Tarangus kit the Heller kit contains the Austrian air force decals.

Edited by Whofan

Visited the local flea market on Saturday after a couple months and it was a lucky day for a modeller ! Got not one but two old Airfix Canberras, early 80's boxes with parts still in original sealed bags. I know it's a kit with a couple of inaccuracies but it's a 1/72 fishbowl Canberra and I'm sure that with the right advice from the forum Canberra experts I can build them into decent models.

A few stalls later I saw a kit that I had wanted for quite some time: the Revell Snark missile ! It's an old kit in whatever scale would fit the box, but I've always been fascinated by these missile designs and I'm glad to have found this one.

AFV Club IDF SHOT Centurion off Ebay for £16.00.  Came without instructions, but I have another one in the stash, so no problem.  Very pleased  :)

4 hours ago, Whofan said:

From Creative Models via their amazon presence, this;

SAM_8866

It's for the Austrian Air force project I have, and was inspired by seeing exdraken's build of the Tarangus 1/48 Safir, here;

Unlike exdraken the Heller kit contains the Austrian air force decals.

Ooh, such a lovely, delicate kit, Heller at their finest!  The latest boxings carry some really nice decal options too!

I know it's for your Austrian Air Force project but it would be very welcome in this autumn's Classic Heller GB ... just sayin' right! :whistle:

4 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Visited the local flea market on Saturday after a couple months and it was a lucky day for a modeller ! Got not one but two old Airfix Canberras, early 80's boxes with parts still in original sealed bags. I know it's a kit with a couple of inaccuracies but it's a 1/72 fishbowl Canberra and I'm sure that with the right advice from the forum Canberra experts I can build them into decent models.

A few stalls later I saw a kit that I had wanted for quite some time: the Revell Snark missile ! It's an old kit in whatever scale would fit the box, but I've always been fascinated by these missile designs and I'm glad to have found this one.

That's the old B(I) Mk.6/Mk. 20 kit? The one that was later modified into the B-57, effectively destroying the original mold?* If so, that's a prized item. I don't think anyone else has done those versions 1/72 mainstream, at least not since Airfix.

*Or at least that's the story/rumour I remember. It could be all untrue, or maybe I'm confusing it with something else (C-130?). Comparing the instructions of the original kit and the B-57, they seem to have very little in common.

46 minutes ago, klr said:

That's the old B(I) Mk.6/Mk. 20 kit? The one that was later modified into the B-57, effectively destroying the original mold?* If so, that's a prized item. I don't think anyone else has done those versions 1/72 mainstream, at least not since Airfix.

*Or at least that's the story/rumour I remember. It could be all untrue, or maybe I'm confusing it with something else (C-130?). Comparing the instructions of the original kit and the B-57, they seem to have very little in common.

Yes, that's the one ! And you're right, no mainstream kit after the Airfix one but recently Mikromir and S&M issued a short run kit. I don't know if this kit is actually that rare, as they seem to show quite regularly at swap meets and similar, however I had to immediately grab them , just in case they are harder to find than I think.. one will likely be built as one of the many Canberra used by the RAE and similar establishments while the second may end in RAAF markings

On 2/3/2020 at 9:45 PM, Nocoolname said:

To add to my Infinity CR Plus, Neo for Iwata, H&S Ultra, Paasche clone, Aztek 470 and Badger 250

IMG_2015

Technically, I now have an airbrush for every day of the week. 

So after checking them I found that my Aztek 470 had definitely died (fossilised would be more accurate) as had my cheap Paasche clone where the seals had ‘dissolved’ and the needle tunnel warped. So I replaced the first with the H&S Evolution Solo bought from Delta7 and the second with a ‘real’ Paasche this time - the ‘Talon’. So I’m back to having an airbrush for every day of the week but in so doing have been sidetracked by painting up T-Shirts 😉