This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PhoenixII

What new stuff have you bought/been gifted? Part III

CH-54A Tarhe. Now if someone would do some Erikson decals and a fire fighting conversion........

12 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

CH-54A Tarhe. Now if someone would do some Erikson decals and a fire fighting conversion........

One of the Revell (Germany) releases included decals for an Erikson machine but no extra parts.

3 hours ago, Whofan said:

- 1/100 comes to mind - 

I've just had a 1/100 zvezda Maus kit. It is as big as my 1/72 tanks. Pretty crazy. 

A giant pot of xtracrylix thinners and two jars of xtracrylix RLM 65 for the Stuka GB

4 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

4 hours ago, Des said:

One of the Revell (Germany) releases included decals for an Erikson machine but no extra parts.

I have both the 1990 Revell release with US Army and German markings and the 2001 release, which also has the Erickson markings as an option. Also, the decal quality is much better in the newer release. Those Revell decals from the late 1980s/early 1990s were very poor.

23 hours ago, Whofan said:

.................Funny scale though, 1/32.  Not sure I knew about this scale, anyone have any background?

@Whofan, think you'll find the kit moulds were originally 'Max'. Everybody else seems to think these were 1/35, sorry guys NO, they were 1/32 and sold as such.

55 minutes ago, klr said:

Those Revell decals from the late 1980s/early 1990s were very poor.

I recall them , they toyed about with a matt finish for a while which were awful and very hard to apply without silvering no matter what was used on them  but by the turn of the century had moved to Italian printers with the decal sheet reference numbers followed by a 'C' for Cartograf or 'Z' for the firm I can never remember but win either case are usually excellent.

On 1/27/2020 at 10:43 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Victim of trigger finger, an already started Revell Concorde, not really sure why I bid so high especially without checking if the postage kept it in bargain territory which it didn’t 

And it’s arrived and not well constructed, needs surgery and there’s glue sink marks.....oops.

Super excited when these finally arrived today:

49463657856_eb6eb7570f_z.jpg

I'd ordered three sets so received a 0.5mm set as a gift. They're now out of production and I only received two, hence the 'Mini Divider' I guess:

49463187838_53a673aa8b_z.jpg

Of course I couldn't wait to try them out:

49463190633_929278b0b7_z.jpg

See the flash removed in the middle of the shot?

Great product. Pity they didn't arrive for the Sioux tail boom clean up but here now for future builds.

0.5mm file. Amazingly ridiculous :) 

On 28/01/2020 at 22:00, Whofan said:

Funny scale though, 1/32.  Not sure I knew about this scale, anyone have any background?

I've just remembered that Airfix had a range of 1/32 figures, so it was probably for those.

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q=*&fkSECTION[]=Kits&fkCOMPNAME[]="Airfix"&fkTYPENAME[]="Figures"&fkSCALE[]="1:32"

Although I shouldn't imagine that your kit was intended to be used with the American Indian set.

15 hours ago, Des said:

I recall them , they toyed about with a matt finish for a while which were awful and very hard to apply without silvering no matter what was used on them  but by the turn of the century had moved to Italian printers with the decal sheet reference numbers followed by a 'C' for Cartograf or 'Z' for the firm I can never remember but win either case are usually excellent.

Z would probably be for Zanchetti Buccinasco, who are Italeri's main supplier of decals. I must say I'd never noticed the C or Z marker before on Revell decals. Anyway, as you say, both suppliers are top-notch.

On 1/22/2020 at 2:26 PM, Heather Kay said:

Well...

49423989458_6b6ae1b95a_b.jpg

Couldn't resist this one. I need a 1/72nd scale Herman Göring to go with it.

I just got this as well, and I may get another one or two, even though I'd prefer the Heller toooling. It's good that it has retains both sets of markings.

I also got this, and for a good price:

spacer.png

My boxing is slightly different, as it has a 50 years (since 1969) logo on the bottom right, but it does have the Cartograf decals (yay!) - a wonderful decal sheet in fact. I badly need a good kit or two of the first generation Hornet, so this will do very nicely.

Big week for me purchases wise (especially since I wonder how much modeling my back will allow me to do)......

No-Name Tooty Compressor

Iwata HP-C Plus Airbrush

Encyclopedia of Aircraft Modeling Techniques Vol 3 and 4.

1 hour ago, BlueNosers352nd said:

Big week for me purchases wise (especially since I wonder how much modeling my back will allow me to do)......

No-Name Tooty Compressor

Spraygunner? I bought several airbrushes from them recently!

3 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Spraygunner? I bought several airbrushes from them recently!

The compressor, yes is from SprayGunner..........included 10% off for my birthday month too.  

They didn't have the airbrush I was after, so that is from somewhere else.

Job lot of 1/72 Wee Friends bits and pieces from ebay for a bargain price.

Also a fair amount of 1/72 etched detail sets from Dan Taylor Modelworks.

Oh and a set of Artic Decals window masks and chrome window surrounds for a 1/72 Dragon Rapide. 3 days to arrive from Finland!

Airfix RAF Phantom FGR.1, a snip at 25 Euro (like the RAN FG.1 and RAF FGR.2 before it). This was an my "want" list.

spacer.png

Since these were ex-RN aircraft, the kit has both the RN-specific sprue (G) and RAF FGR.2-specfic sprue (H). Amongst other goodies, that means 4 spare RN 2in (51mm) triple-banked rocket pods - very valuable additions to the spares box. As I want another Airfix Phantom to do a range of markings, I imagine I'll get this particular kit again.

Latest batch of Aero Research Collections to be released as PDF downloads -  USAF F-4 Phantoms Part 6 , Worldwide Military Part 3 , F-16 Viper  Part 2 , Aggressors Part 3 , USN & USMC A-4 Skyhawks Part 5 , Jet Liners Part 2 , Warbirds Part 1 , Civil Collection Part 1.

Famous Airplanes Of The World No. 90 – F-84 Thunderjet & Thunderstreak via eBay from Japan.

Belgie Onder De Wapens 8 : De Republic F-84F Thunderstreak In Dienst Bij De Belgische Luchtmacht (The Republic F-84F Thunderstreak in the Service of the Belgian Airforce)  by Andre Van Haute published by De Krijger as new from the Military History Bookshop.

2 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Over the last week three 1/18 DB 7's and two DB 9's.....

Have you won the lottery Vince.....oh 'ang on. You're talking about diecasts.:D

John.

34 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Have you won the lottery Vince.....oh 'ang on. You're talking about diecasts.:D

John.

Lol,yep it's one of those rare times that everything gels with good prices and postage...

1 hour ago, luis pacheco said:

A future "Jag Killer"

spacer.png

Just how many RAF Phantoms do you plan on building? 😲

As you all bought the pixnor tweezers, I bought the same set minus the branding off evilbay for 3.80! I had to surrender the 11 size to swmbo as I borrowed and ruined her tweezers! They are a game changer! 

Also got an airfix spit mk1 starter set from local charity shop for 2 quid (must be an Aldi special and unwanted gift), the xtradecal bob spit set (for my 5 unbuilt spit my 1s), a yak 15 pm model as well and some Vallejo washes. 

And today found a copy copy of Empire of the Clouds: when British aircraft ruled the skies. Nice charity shop find for a couple of quid.

Edited by Wince

Well, again no kits this month but did get these off Amazon.

10 part punch 0.5 mm to 5.0 mm.

IMG_2106

They should do my needs IE basic.

And from Waterlooville Model Centre a tube of this after a few kind bods pointed out.

IMG_2107

Also have some micro files/riflers coming in around the 14th.

Simon.