As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PhoenixII

What new stuff have you bought/been gifted? Part III

No kits, but:

Warpaint on the Chipmunk complete with a decal sheet

MMP book on the Barracuda

Fairey Rotodyne by David Giddings

British Military Test and Evaluation Aircraft 1945-1975

Typhoon to Typhoon by Chris Gibson

Also a shirt and some chocs. 

New Airfix Mustang 1/48

Meng F-106 1/72

Eduard Me 109 1/48

Tamyia P-47 Razorback 1/48

Some socks and a hoodie

Update on crimbo pressies, my son has bought me the Bandai/Revell 1/72nd X Wing to to go with my TIE fighter he bought me for my birthday. 

On our way up to my in-laws for Christmas, we stopped in a hobby shop in Muskegon, Michigan, where I got an original issue 1/72 Airfix TSR.2 for $24.

Tangerine Dream: The Virgin Years 1974-1978. 2011.

Christmas present from the Brother in law. The old Revellogram F4U-4B in 1/48.

xdCEpHJ.jpg

I plan on modernizing the kit with some newer parts. This will be my 2nd build in the Corsair STGB. It will wear VMF 214 “Blacksheep” markings. The other build will be a -1a in Boyingtons show plane markings. oNxkCcq.png

Or his regular markings. AI2iO5o.png
I was also given $45 to buy more of whatever i choose. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

I didn't get any kits, but did get a decent set of tweezers that actually grip things (rather than pinging them off into n-space), a JLC Micro-Saw 20th Anniversary set, and a replacement Micro-Mesh kit. Now I can grip, saw and polish at tiny scales.

Stop sniggering at the back!

2 minutes ago, John Laidlaw said:

I didn't get any kits, but did get a decent set of tweezers that actually grip things (rather than pinging them off into n-space)

Tell me more!

2 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Tell me more!

But of course! Highly recommended by a couple of members of Roy Sutherland's Facebook group for being precise and non-twisty, the PIXNOR Precision Tweezers Set:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072XKVSQ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Some books from my son..

Spitfire - John Nichol.

SAS: Rogue Heroes  The Authorized Wartime History - Ben Macintyre.

Vietnam: An Epic Tragedy 1945-1975 - Max Hastings.

Napoleons Military Machine (Haynes Operations Manual) - Chris McNab.

6 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

But of course! Highly recommended by a couple of members of Roy Sutherland's Facebook group for being precise and non-twisty, the PIXNOR Precision Tweezers Set:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072XKVSQ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered! Thanks John, I too now look forward to "a decent set of tweezers that actually grip things". 

I received enough chocolate to sink a battleship and enough alcohol to re-float it again. 

Mission successful. :happy:

P.S. Duffest prezzie was from least favourite sister-in-law – a £4.80 T-shirt (she left the price on) that you could clearly fit two of me and the dog inside. :huh:

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

that you could clearly fit two of me and the dog inside. 

Perhaps she was anticipating the vast intake of chocolate and alcohol....!! :)

Amongst other things SWMBO bought an Airfix Sea Fury and the Flightcraft book on the Gloster Meteot for me to open on Christmas Day. She knows what I like :heart:.

4 hours ago, Truro Model Builder said:

Gloster Meteot

Don't invent a new one, or we'll have demands that Airfix need to do an RAF variant in 1/72!

7 hours ago, CedB said:

Ordered! Thanks John, I too now look forward to "a decent set of tweezers that actually grip things". 

Excellent!

14 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

And another set ordered. Perhaps the all too familiar sight of some vital component disappearing into the gloom of the man-cave will now be a thing of the past. Thanks for the heads-up John!

Craig. 

15 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

They look very useful so just ordered a set , thanks for sharing.

15 hours ago, John Laidlaw said:

Another set ordered as most of my tweezers are a bit duff. You sure you're not on commission. 

Another book (while i was looking for something else but couldn't find).

Cleopatra: Last Queen of Egypt - Joyce Tyldesley...

I too got chocolate and a bottle of malt for Crimbo, along with a new watch. Plus other bits and bobs. Nothing for the spares boxes though.

On Tuesday I was around the back of a pub waiting for the cellar doors to be opened and noticed a small shelving unit in a skip.

Well imagine my shock when I got back to the warehouse and found it in the back of the van. I must have had a blackout.

Anyway it found itself in the manshed this morning, Fit's nicely.