1/32 Revell Mustang w/extras ...

... the extras being some Tamiya parts required to turn a -5 into a -15.

I finished this one a few months ago and thot I'd share it here.

The Tamiya parts are grey , also used the K-14 gunsight and throttle.

Made the decals on an Alps except for the Stars and Bars and the stencils.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers !  🙂👍

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Very impressive Mike! It looks perfect in all points. Especially the weathering looks very realistic for my taste. 

How did you manage to paint the circle around the spinner cone? ??????? Unbelievable!  🤩🤠

all the best

Andy 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

... that tail wheel as it looks brand new compared the rest of the aircraft :)

So it does KM, he must've had a blowout on the previous mission  😉  Thanks for the comment sir.

19 hours ago, Robert_ said:

This is really well done Mike, and I’m a fan of the scheme. 

What paint did you use for the metal finish?

Thank you Robert, all the silvers are MRP (I used white aluminum, duraluminum and silver) except for the painted/sealed wing surfaces

where I used Alclad Dull Aluminum which I buffed with a very fine grit sponge abrasive. The blue is RAF marking blue and the

red is RLM 23.  I started with a white base (MRP white primer) with some grey and blue mottles. Thanks again.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Very impressive Mike! It looks perfect in all points. Especially the weathering looks very realistic for my taste. 

How did you manage to paint the circle around the spinner cone? ??????? Unbelievable!  🤩🤠

all the best

Andy 

Hey Andy, how are you ? Have you built that Smirnoff Bearcat yet ?  ;)

The spinner circles came out pretty well. I tried a new method (to me) using a Black and Decker hand drill.

I stuck a C-clamp on the trigger so I could adjust the speed down fairly slow, then brush painted the blue

stripes on the red spinner. Here's a pic of the original experiment.

spacer.png

Thanks for lookin' in. Take care  :)

Edited by MIkeMaben
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mike ,

thats an incredible technique.  Very effective, but not easy as it looks I think. Bearcat———🤭🤭🤭 no he is still sleeping in his box. Sorry... but it is possible that I will start it after the Hellcat that I want to do next time, when I got more time. Summer is gone, autumn has begun  and there is more time four our hobby now. Hope you are fine, but when I regard your beautiful P-51 it seems that you are alright and up to date.

all the best

Andy 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 3:54 AM, Andy Dyck said:

Bearcat———🤭🤭🤭 no he is still sleeping in his box. Sorry... but it is possible that I will start it after the Hellcat

Just kiddin' with you Andy, build it whenever you feel like. Always follow your fancy  :pilot:

• Like 1