“Honey I shrunk Starbuck’s Viper!!” - first update

…..and she’s mighty well wee weed off about it too! :rant:

Ok build #2. I’ve had this model for ages, Black Sun’s 1/72nd resin Viper Mk.VII.  I think I bought it not long after I built the Caprica Viper for a SciFi GB some years ago.

519c6dkpCcL._AC_SY400_.SR420,420_-M.jpg

This is a beautiful little resin model which is now a little harder to get and quite expensive!!!

IMG_3593-M.jpg

The detailing and moulding is superb, so it’s should pretty much fall together. 

IMG_3594-M.jpg

It comes with a comprehensive set of instruction which will be helpful for both models.

IMG_3596-M.jpg

She’ll be a nice addition to go with the Caprica Viper.

IMG_3595-M.jpg

• Like 6

Ok I’d better do an update on this before I finish her.

As can be seen in the parts breakdown there’s very little needed to be done to her before painting.

The fine was glued to the rear spine, I added a small pin to it to give it some extra strength and the join was only a butt join.

Then the spine was fitted to the main model. Just the tiniest amount of filler was needed just to finish off the joins.

IMG_3800-L.jpg

The engine has been given a base coat of Burnt Iron (?), there’s quite a bit to do on this to get the look I’m after.

IMG_3834-L.jpg

There’s not too much more I can do to it apart from painting her and I won’t do that until the big one is ready. 

IMG_3832-L.jpg

• Like 3