TBD-1A Devastator Floatplane - GWH - [1:48]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rod,

I'm interested in doing a 'water' base, but have never tried it apart from painted plaster of paris when I was a kid. From what I've seen on the floatplane GB there are some great seascapes using more modern translucent materials (acrylic gel, whatever that it is).

Your base is looking very good, can you say something about the materials you're using?

Many thanks,

8 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Hi Rod,

I'm interested in doing a 'water' base, but have never tried it apart from painted plaster of paris when I was a kid. From what I've seen on the floatplane GB there are some great seascapes using more modern translucent materials (acrylic gel, whatever that it is).

Your base is looking very good, can you say something about the materials you're using?

Many thanks,

Hi Charlie,

I use for my sea base a Water Effect Epoxy resin (Prochima E-30), this product requires a few precautions in use but the result is practically perfect.

The resin is autolevelling, so if you want to create the waves you need to add products like Ammo Mig or Woodland scenic acrylic Water effect.

Anyway if you need some advice (from my little experience) I'm at your disposal

Here the Prochima su ebay

Regards

• Thanks 1

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the info, very useful.

The  Water Effect Epoxy resin (Prochima E-30) looks excellent, your diorama (sea scene?) looks superb. But I imagine, being resin, once the resin has set, the model is then fixed, so careful planning and positioning are essential.

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...